Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
LadyLuck

Muslim Chinese Wedding Dinner/banquet

LL yes im muslim. heehee.

raffles the plaza bridal suite also nice, with poster bed. but the hotel is only 30 storeys?

actually i think the trend these days is not to hv a muslim table, but to let ur muslim guests sit at the other tables and serve ala carte dishes becoz some ppl prefer to sit with ppl they know. honestly its not v fun, hv to eat v slowly but end up staring at the non-halal servngs anyway.

also, dont ppl book their wedding dinner a yr in advance?

usually, people book their wedding dinner a year or more in advance so i'm quite worried for LL bcos she starts to book NOW. from now till april is only 6 months away! :P

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
usually, people book their wedding dinner a year or more in advance so i'm quite worried for LL bcos she starts to book NOW. from now till april is only 6 months away! :dunno:

don't make her kan cheong leh. if all else fails, there is always (1) void deck (2) CC (3) Legends..

don't make her kan cheong leh. if all else fails, there is always (1) void deck (2) CC (3) Legends..

wait a min! i suddenly realised english calendar april is chinese calendar qing ming right? :dunno: if so, then usually most hotels will have available booking. :jawdrop:

LL sure doesnt want void deck or CC. :rofl:

you're on mc today? now is already past 12am! hahaha.

you also can email them bcos usually they reply you very fast. :bangwall: but i feel that through phone you can get a clearer picture or ans. !!

LL, i'm sure you also have chinese guests right. so what food are you going to serve them? halal too? actually, you can have some chinese tables and some halal tables. no problem. !!

i guess the most impt thing is you must quickly settle on a venue bcos i afraid most venues are fully booked by now. then you'll have lesser choices. :(

80% of my guest is chinese & ang Moh nah... chinese halal 10 course dinner ,my dear.. im compromising on date lar, cuz i din realy into chinese auspicious date, so properly will take those date which is available lor..

LL yes im muslim. heehee.

raffles the plaza bridal suite also nice, with poster bed. but the hotel is only 30 storeys?

actually i think the trend these days is not to hv a muslim table, but to let ur muslim guests sit at the other tables and serve ala carte dishes becoz some ppl prefer to sit with ppl they know. honestly its not v fun, hv to eat v slowly but end up staring at the non-halal servngs anyway.

also, dont ppl book their wedding dinner a yr in advance?

lol... tats y i wil try to all halal serving. , usually we chinese will try to arrange one table of guest which know each other to sit together. .. a yr in advance, i cant nah my timing always very tight one, due to my fh always on the move .

wait a min! i suddenly realised english calendar april is chinese calendar qing ming right? :dancingqueen: if so, then usually most hotels will have available booking. ;)

LL sure doesnt want void deck or CC. :)

qing ming? my mum wil going to kill me :P... til when next yr qing ming end? any idea?

oops voide deck or cc will be my very least of choice, if possible. :P

maybe worst come to worst CC.. :(

80% of my guest is chinese & ang Moh nah... chinese halal 10 course dinner ,my dear.. im compromising on date lar, cuz i din realy into chinese auspicious date, so properly will take those date which is available lor..

lol... tats y i wil try to all halal serving. , usually we chinese will try to arrange one table of guest which know each other to sit together. .. a yr in advance, i cant nah my timing always very tight one, due to my fh always on the move .

qing ming? my mum wil going to kill me !!... til when next yr qing ming end? any idea?

oops voide deck or cc will be my very least of choice, if possible. !!

maybe worst come to worst CC.. ;)

LL, since 80% of your guests are chinese and angmoh then why you wan halal food? i guess the remaining 20% is malays so maybe the 20% serves them halal food lor.

i dont know when is qing ming but unsure whether its around april a not. you chech with your mum lor. :bangwall:

oh ya, have you email to swissotel today? :dancingqueen:

i think all hotels can accomodate halal table. but they might impose a minimum of one table, and from what i've seen so far, they will either cater from outside or get from their 'halal' kitchen.

and then CC hor, actually can be very nice leh. just find a nice decorator. but not all CCs are created equal, there are some that are better than others in terms of layout, AC, maintenance and size.

i think all hotels can accomodate halal table. but they might impose a minimum of one table, and from what i've seen so far, they will either cater from outside or get from their 'halal' kitchen.

and then CC hor, actually can be very nice leh. just find a nice decorator. but not all CCs are created equal, there are some that are better than others in terms of layout, AC, maintenance and size.

but CC has aircon a not? i never been to CC wedding so far and no idea at all. :yamseng:

from what i know, some hotels do charge the table of halal food at the normal price. eg since u need prob around 2 tables out of 10 tables for halal, u can ask the hotel/restaurant to make special arrangement

my coordinator did tell me before dat if i have 1 or 2 whole tables of vegetarians / halal, they will charge me the same price per table. however, if ur halal guests are scattered all over the tables, they will charge more for it.

shortlist the hotels/restaurants u want and give them a ring

they might be able to arrange something for u :yamseng:

but CC has aircon a not? i never been to CC wedding so far and no idea at all. :sport-smiley-018:

got some CCs with AC. tampines west, for instance. but it is on the second floor, serviced only by one lift and a narrow staircase. so not very good for catering and serving by course. attended a mother's day dinner there this yr, so poor thing the caterers.

got some CCs with AC. tampines west, for instance. but it is on the second floor, serviced only by one lift and a narrow staircase. so not very good for catering and serving by course. attended a mother's day dinner there this yr, so poor thing the caterers.

i see. if no aircon is very jialat. super hot while eating. :sport-smiley-018:

i see. if no aircon is very jialat. super hot while eating. :sport-smiley-004:

yah. make up can melt. i guess thats y its ok for malay weddings, coz ppl just eat and go.

In my case, although it is not halal subject but I do have guest which are vegeterians.

But same thing as halal. They do serve a table or individual. Just need to top up extra per pax. Then can sit together with their friends.

But price-wise will be more. 1 table = 10 person. If 1 person, then the cost is 10+1pax per table. And normally they give little cos they think halal ma, so it is cheaper. But they never think, I still pay the chinese pax + your special order ler.

Also the number of dish and quantitiy also little if catered to pax.

In my case, although it is not halal subject but I do have guest which are vegeterians.

But same thing as halal. They do serve a table or individual. Just need to top up extra per pax. Then can sit together with their friends.

But price-wise will be more. 1 table = 10 person. If 1 person, then the cost is 10+1pax per table. And normally they give little cos they think halal ma, so it is cheaper. But they never think, I still pay the chinese pax + your special order ler.

:)

exactly as what i've said...

but some do not charge the additional charges if it's minimum 1 or 2 tables.

really ah? you have to pay the equivalent of 11 pax if u only have 1 muslim guest? gosh. then like that, don't invite better right? i mean, if it's a close friend, surely they will understand the economies of scale, and if it's not someone close, don't invite won't rugi :dancingqueen:

LL, since 80% of your guests are chinese and angmoh then why you wan halal food? i guess the remaining 20% is malays so maybe the 20% serves them halal food lor.

i dont know when is qing ming but unsure whether its around april a not. you chech with your mum lor. :)

oh ya, have you email to swissotel today? !!

i got angmoh muslim, japanese muslim, french muslim , UK muslim , american muslim , and Im a muslim i only can serve my guest muslim meals nah.

100% halal wedding dinner.

swissotel dun have halal chinese wedding dinner, they only have malay wedding dinner YIEEE

:bleah::P i wan to hold my wedding at HOTEL & serve Muslim CHINESE Wedding Dinner dishes

Edited by LadyLuck