Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jule

Fridge/ Washer Base

ya... my ID suggested to 'hang' the kitchen cabinets'... but i scare if put heavy stuff, the cabinets will not hold... better '脚踏实地' better... hee... ols lazy to wash xtra area.. .. :jawdrop:

According to my ID, even suspended kitchen cabinets also need to construct base...but i dun understand why that is so :jawdrop:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

say if the dept of the bottom cabinet is 600mm, then the base will be..say 300mm, so that the cabinet from outside looks like suspended from the wall but it's actually supported. got base support better. can put heavy things no need to worry.

I didnt want the cabinet base too but when they cleared everything away - that base was somewhat done by hdb - very solid concrete, not easy to hack :rofl: . so bobian....

quite a number of new kitchen designs nowadays dont have any cabinet base - cabinets looks like "hanging" from the wall.

hmm. the crevices under the hanging cabinets..breeding ground for all things nasty, esp if you're not too hot about cleaning, like me :)

hmm. the crevices under the hanging cabinets..breeding ground for all things nasty, esp if you're not too hot about cleaning, like me :rofl:

hmm..ya hor.

the designs i saw - got lights(below) behind the "hanging" cabinets....the gap is quite high too.

hmm...

ya.. its actually very nice when the lights are onz... but think practicality wise... not very practical.. how often will you onz the lights?? xtra costs for the lightings somemore... and yes.. all the spiderwebs will come if you have the gaps...

my contractor advised that kitchen cabinet base is a must

but base for fridge and washer is redundant

i took his advice loh :dancingqueen:

thats after I told him....cos he put fridge base on my quotation. And I ask him WHY fridge base? I no have bangladesh using hi pressure water jet to wash kitchen floor for me 24.gif