Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mint

Evov Living

I booked my sofa at Evov since beginning of July, and delivery date is scheduled in end Oct. Finally around Sep, I confirmed with them to deliver my sofa on Nov 3. Everything I tot was ok, as we agreed on the date and timing.

Today I called them to double confirm on the delivery date and time. And it turned out that they are out of stocks for the fabric that I have chosen, and therefore cannot make my sofa. Asked me to choose another colour.

I cant believe it! When I ordered, they had stocks - that salesgal said so, and no problem with my delivery around Oct/ Nov. Oh dear.

When I asked for the sales gal, the office said she has resigned. It was the office people who confirmed on the delivery date. Evov asked me to choose another fabric, but we only liked that one. But the fabric which we liked is only available "TenativeLy" in end Nov, by the time my sofa is made, will be in Dec I guess. Goshhh!

Am I suay or what??

Edited by mint

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
I booked my sofa at Evov since beginning of July, and delivery date is scheduled in end Nov. Finally around Sep, I confirmed with them to deliver my sofa on Nov 3. Everything I tot was ok, as we agreed on the date and timing.

Today I called them to double confirm on the delivery date and time. And it turned out that they are out of stocks for the fabric that I have chosen, and therefore cannot make my sofa. Asked me to choose another colour.

I cant believe it! When I ordered, they had stocks - that salesgal said so, and no problem with my delivery around Oct/ Nov. Oh dear.

When I asked for the sales gal, the office said she has resigned. It was the office people who confirmed on the delivery date. Evov asked me to choose another fabric, but we only liked that one. Goshhh!

Am I suay or what?

can get refund ? if can, go start looking for others

I guess if I did not call them today, they would not even know the fabric is out of stocks! So terrible.

I asked, They did not say can refund, but said can loan me a sofa in the meantime.

I guess if I did not call them today, they would not even know the fabric is out of stocks! So terrible.

I asked, They did not say can refund, but said can loan me a sofa in the meantime.

well at least they appear ot be doing something......

so how long you need to wait for your set to be ready ?

make sure they dun charge you extra for the loan set or getting your desire material

oh dear... I ordered a sofa from them too. hope no issues.

i think many companies have logistical issues. yday, my curtain guy called and say black fabric have no stock. have to wait till mid Nov. But he says the rest all done already. I was like "dun tell me after u have sewn all the curtains, then discover the black fabric no stock!!"

Edited by latitude

wah, one week before delivery, and they didn't even bother to confirm or inform you about your sofa? i hate it when stuff like this happens..then you find yourself in a tight spot. if you say 'gimme back my money', then you have to hunt around for another sofa...otherwise you have to just settle with whatever they can give you, which might not be to your liking.

a loan sofa...how many ppl 'loan' already? is it a nice set?

wah, one week before delivery, and they didn't even bother to confirm or inform you about your sofa? i hate it when stuff like this happens..then you find yourself in a tight spot. if you say 'gimme back my money', then you have to hunt around for another sofa...otherwise you have to just settle with whatever they can give you, which might not be to your liking.

a loan sofa...how many ppl 'loan' already? is it a nice set?

dun think mint has got much choice now...it is either take it or leave it :thumbs up:

let's just hope that when she do get the sofa it is problem free

Edited by zeny

Update: My sofa will still be delivered this Sat, cos they managed to indent the fabric by this Thursday and will take one day to manufacture the sofa. I dint know sofa can be done in just one day.. They said the frame, and structure is already done up for us; only left the fabric to be wrapped. I asked if they are sure the quality will not be compromised since they only have a day to do up my sofa. They said no problem...

Anyway, I'm glad Evov handled my case well, and I just hope my sofa will come nice and well.

Update: My sofa will still be delivered this Sat, cos they managed to indent the fabric by this Thursday and will take one day to manufacture the sofa. I dint know sofa can be done in just one day.. They said the frame, and structure is already done up for us; only left the fabric to be wrapped. I asked if they are sure the quality will not be compromised since they only have a day to do up my sofa. They said no problem...

Anyway, I'm glad Evov handled my case well, and I just hope my sofa will come nice and well.

Hello Mint,

How was the delivery of your new sofa by Evov Living on Saturday ? Hopefully in good order . :dancingqueen:

Hello Mint,

How was the delivery of your new sofa by Evov Living on Saturday ? Hopefully in good order . :P

i also ordered a sofa from them. Hope they will deliver on time and in the right fabric (highly recommended by their sales manager!)

I am also considering to get their dining set. Any comments? Are their dining tables and chairs worth that much money? :yamseng:

I thought Evov closed down liao??? Or just the holland village branch is it?

I was there one day, then next day bring my wifey there and they are closed!! The sales also never tell me...so I thought they wind up liao...

Hi Mint,

So which model did you buy? I'm intending to buy the Mission model (3 seaters) and an additional ottoman. But realise that their price keep changing. Not sure is it different saleman give different prices.

i got my evov sofa!

but there's a sad story to tell...

The delivery men couldn't get the sofa into the lift, so they dismantle one of the arms! And to my horror, they simply use stapler to staple back the piece of cloth that covers the bottom of the sofa! The stapling was horrific... sooooo ugly!

I tot they should have the courtesy to inform me whether they can dismantle the arm and staple it back. Cos i have paid for it, and i have the right to tell them to carry the sofa up the stairs!

Now my sofa's bottom is so ugly! To think that i paid thousand plus for this kind of workmanship!

I am in the process of waiting for Evov to send their experienced sofa maker to rectify the problem.

Even though the damage is at the bottom, but whenever i think about it, my heart sinks and ache...