Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Chunky Monkey

Opening A New Chapter Of Our Lives ... 2nd Home In 7 Years

We are actually going to use back a lot of our existing furniture from our current home. It's not easy furnishing 4 floors of space. I think we will make changes along the way.

:dribble: Good point.

If you do want to look at nice furnitures/decor you really have to check out the iwannagohome outlet over at great world city.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
so coool! u got an attic! i've always imagine attics to be dusty and full of secrets.. :dribble: but ur attic very nice.

i like the roof lighting from the slanted windows. wah u can sun tan nude in ur own home.

It is precisely that. We didn't want the space in the attic to go to waste, so we made it a point to knock down all the walls/partitions to re-introduce light into a typical dark and dank place.

Thank you. Glad that you like my attic.

Sun tanning in the buff? Maybe if I was 15 years younger, I might take up somebody's dare! Just kidding.

:good: Good point.

If you do want to look at nice furnitures/decor you really have to check out the iwannagohome outlet over at great world city.

Thanks for your suggestion. I did visit the iwannagohome outlet at Tanglin Mall some time back. Perhaps it's time for a second visit.

Edited by Chunky Monkey

Thanks for your suggestion. I did visit the iwannagohome outlet at Tanglin Mall some time back. Perhaps it's time for a second visit.

i was really taken in by some of the art pieces but the wife held me back. lol.. i do think they have fabulous stuff.

another thing... TVs inside the cupboard? how young are the kids by the way?

i was really taken in by some of the art pieces but the wife held me back. lol.. i do think they have fabulous stuff.

another thing... TVs inside the cupboard? how young are the kids by the way?

The monkeys are really young; one turning 5, and the other 3 1/2! They do watch educational DVDs that I constantly order from Amazon. But I also cannot deny that they like Playhouse Disney, and the older one some times like to watch Cartoon Network, which I hate so much.

The monkeys are really young; one turning 5, and the other 3 1/2! They do watch educational DVDs that I constantly order from Amazon. But I also cannot deny that they like Playhouse Disney, and the older one some times like to watch Cartoon Network, which I hate so much.

lol... i really think that when they get older, the TV's will be real advanced and it most likely won't come in 20" so your little telly hideout . . . lol . . .

at least they get educational dvds.. my mum just switched on the telly showing Tom & Jerry . . ha ha..

I'm really lost about what kids watch nowadays. . i remember watching lotsa sitcoms growing up.. i think perfect strangers.. and there was this show about 3 middle age ladies.. can't remember the title though. lol

lol... i really think that when they get older, the TV's will be real advanced and it most likely won't come in 20" so your little telly hideout . . . lol . . .

I know ... who knows if they'd rather watch TV programs on their super duper high resolution, digital computer screen of the future! That space is fully convertible to wardrobe space when we need to. My DH thought of it, and factored that changing need in the design of the wardrobe.

I know ... who knows if they'd rather watch TV programs on their super duper high resolution, digital computer screen of the future! That space is fully convertible to wardrobe space when we need to. My DH thought of it, and factored that changing need in the design of the wardrobe.

heck the screens of the future could be holographic for all we know.. lol.. ur DH really thought it out.. =)

going to sleep now. Cheers, gd nite and catch up again!

3 Jan 2008

Today was an eventful day for DH and I. We painstakingly decorated our children's bedrooms with a makeover kit that I bought some time back. I liked them so much, I bought them months ago, and it was only today that we could put use the stickers.

We started by wiping our walls clean. Our walls were painted with the new Dulux All In One paint. And the verdict is - the paint is washable as it was claimed to be.

When the walls dried, we positioned the pieces of stickers on the walls as intended and then slowly stick them onto the walls, making sure that there were no bubbles behind the stickers. It was hard work, but very therapeutic.

I only managed to take pictures of my son's bedroom. Tomorrow, I will take the pictures of my daughter's bedroom.

Photos coming right up ...

From the first 2 pictures, you can tell that we changed our minds about where the lion should be! And there's the flamingo and turtle

Image2862.jpg

Image2866.jpg

The giraffe and elephant ended up next to the bedroom door.

Image2863.jpg

The monkey (with height scale on the tree trunk) and alligator are by the book shelves and wardrobe.

Image2867.jpg

Then we added the vine to the top of the wall.

Image2869.jpg

Followed by the ant and the frog under the glass windows.

Image2871.jpg

And paw prints up the support pillar tracing to the tiger.

Image2877.jpg

Oh yes. My low maintenance white lami bedroom doors with stainless steel strips. The outline has not been painted yet. With my rowdy children, we figured lami doors are the best, as our veneer doors in our current home, were so scratched up from them, and there were nicks everywhere.

Image2878.jpg

I meant "scratched up BY them".

Edited by Chunky Monkey

awww... what a cute childrens room! 8| are these like wall decals? u got them from overseas or in singapore?

great job on your new home, everything looks great!

awww... what a cute childrens room! 8| are these like wall decals? u got them from overseas or in singapore?

great job on your new home, everything looks great!

Thank you, phoenix.

They are vinyl stickers and they are from the UK.

I just want to add on to my earlier post regarding the Room Make Up Kit (wall stickers). I saw an advertisement in a magazine and it seems that some department stores and some children-related stores are already selling them here in Singapore. I didn't take down the details but I remember seeing Isetan as one of the retailers. So if anyone's keen to get them here, they are available. But they are more expensive than in the UK. Guess it's because of shipping + mark up.