Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

hahaha... For $2150 i get 40" FULL HD LCD, 1920X1080, 3 HDMI ver 1.3 slots(2 rear 1 side), 15,000:1 contrast ratio, super clear panel,slick design, within my budget, so i jus went for it.

Pioneer is destined to die off, with that kind of attitude of not reducing manufacturing and add that to consumer. It doesn't mean non-pioneer panel is no good. The newer generation is always better than the old one. I dun think I want to use a 4th or 5th generation Pioneer Plasma, they are worse than any cheapo plasma on the street now :jawdrop:

OLED is still not a matured technologies. If not done properly, its dead pixels can really kill......I had experienced it on my mobile phone b4.....d@mn disappointed to the technology.

with credit card payment, you can also go neighbourhood store. Only 2-4% extra on top of the cash deal depending which card you use, and how long you want to deal with the installment plan.

TV is not just about resolution, Full HD, regardless Plasma or LCD, will produce not so good image on SD sources. Unless it's giving full 480i/p or 576i/p, it will look quite bad on the full HD panels. Well, Plasma will still look slightly better than LCD especially in this case. The closes PQ from LCD that matches the Plasma.....although still quite far from it, is the LED backlight LCDs.....very very ex....de neh....

Edited by tingshen

hahaha... For $2150 i get 40" FULL HD LCD, 1920X1080, 3 HDMI ver 1.3 slots(2 rear 1 side), 15,000:1 contrast ratio, super clear panel,slick design, within my budget, so i jus went for it.

where you get ur great deal??

hi bro,

I've also ordered this model. Yours is made in japan, the current batches (including mine) no more from japan liao. BTW, did urs come with the snazio hd tuner? would like to know how good is it.

Nope, mine doesn't comes with the tuner. Purely just the set with some crappy HN vouchers and 3 yrs agent warranty. I bough another 2 yrs from HN. Enjoy ur set!!

Edited by hongss

Nope, mine doesn't comes with the tuner. Purely just the set with some crappy HN vouchers and 3 yrs agent warranty. I bough another 2 yrs from HN. Enjoy ur set!!

once my reno completes (take back keys), I'll ask them deliver liao. can't wait to play with it!

Hi,

Any one buying SONY LCD TV 40" X serial. is it GOOD?

one of the best LCD TV (then.....) must be good price the worth it lar. Not sure if the local model has the 1080p scaler built in, can't remember the technology name. Well, LCD can never beat Plasma, be it SD or HD.....

I just got myself a 46" Sharp A83. First choice was 50PY700 then, but decided against it hahaha.

Hope it is as good as the cnet review claims!!

NiVlek, if you're watching mostly on SCV and DVDs, be prepared to feel disappointed....PY700 is also not a good choice due to its mat surface. Unless you can't stand tiny reflection from the newer glossy screens (Panasonic, Samsung, Pioneer etc). If possible, try to ask for demo between LCD and Plasma with non-HD stuff. I dun think there are people so hardcore everyday watch HD only. The best combi is Full HD Plasma at the moment (for 50" and above) and HD-ready Plasma (for 42" and below).

Edited by tingshen

NiVlek, if you're watching mostly on SCV and DVDs, be prepared to feel disappointed....PY700 is also not a good choice due to its mat surface. Unless you can't stand tiny reflection from the newer glossy screens (Panasonic, Samsung, Pioneer etc). If possible, try to ask for demo between LCD and Plasma with non-HD stuff. I dun think there are people so hardcore everyday watch HD only. The best combi is Full HD Plasma at the moment (for 50" and above) and HD-ready Plasma (for 42" and below).

Well, lets just see lah. :)

I will comment only when I get it and review it myself :D

the new Samsung 5 and 6 series are quite cool!

courts was having sale last week...

40" LCD samsung 4series was selling at 1999, with a HTS smth-22 with 300 robinsons voucher..

super tempted to buy then.. seem like a v gd deal..? is it?

courts was having sale last week...

40" LCD samsung 4series was selling at 1999, with a HTS smth-22 with 300 robinsons voucher..

super tempted to buy then.. seem like a v gd deal..? is it?

use this as a reference to ask for direct knock off or cheaper offer from HongLiang/Maximum Credit. You will be surprised how low they can go. they do accept instalment too, with 4% for 24 months for OCBC card/Diners. Total cost will still be cheaper than Courts. I have stopped buying from all these big stores like Courts, Harvey Norman and Best Denki. They are just good for window shopping. But if you like to shop in these place, please continue finance them so that others can continue doing window shopping :D