Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

Hi all,

having been looking around for either LCD and Plasma Tv for quite some time and still cannot decide. Sincerely seeking advise from expert here.

First i was quoted on Panasonic TX-42LZ80MS for $1499 + $100 NTUC Voucher.

2nd is Samsung LA40A680M1M for $1650 free wall bracket.

3rs is Panasonic TH-42PV8H for $1199 + $100 Ntuc Voucher

These are the few model that i have been introduced at Best Denki Compass Point. Seeking advices from all member here. If there are any model for me to look into do advise as well. I have been strongly recommended to take up the Samsung Full HD LCD model. Any advise?

Thank you.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Megatex price as of Sat:

Panasonic TX-42LZ80MS for $1299 + $100 NTUC Voucher

Panasonic TH-42PV8H for $1199 + $300 NTUC Voucher. IT Show 09 was selling $1150 + 400 NTUC/Taka Voucher. Jan-09, some reported buying at $1160 + 600 NTUC/Taka vouchers --> http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showthre...138&page=61

Cannot comment on Samsung.

Hi honestguy,

Any comment and advise on the Panasonic both model?

I am not good at this but here is what I learnt from the salesperson.

TH-42PV8H (plasma) looks like old model, it is good enough for normal TV watching. Colours more natural.

TX-42LZ80MS (lcd) looks newer, Full HD but not 100MHz . But for fast motion, this is comparable PV8. Consume less electricity.

err.... i saw this promo for Samsung 42" Plasma at $979, forgot the model no. i only remember i saw a HDMI.

is it a good buy?

Look at wat u need for a tv.

If u need better spec and higher def, than u gotta stretch ur wallet more.

Set ur budget or spec. then from there, narrow into your option.

No point comparing apple and durian… if u know wat u mean.

Now prices are still holding or going down. Shop around and compare apple to apple.

I thin now is a good time to make some purchases, if u really need.

There’s never a best time, u will only know that was the best time, it past…

is it full hd or hd ready? what do u want it for? just watching tv? or using as computer monitor? if its 32", a hd ready model will be fine.

Will you guys buy a HD Ready or Full HD TV if 80% of the time will be watching Mediacorp program?

Edited by smartbuy

Full HD Plasma. Anytime! No U-turn! :D

You probably need an additional video scaler to make the SD looks even nicer on your full HD screen. Starhub's HD hubstation scaler sux....and no TV has good scaler as far as I know.....

Will you guys buy a HD Ready or Full HD TV if 80% of the time will be watching Mediacorp program?

Depends on your sitting distance. If you're at the optimal sitting distance to distinguish fine details (and you're bothered by it) get full HD bah. If you're so far that it doesn't matter, (or so close you're probably spoiling your eyes) must as well just get hd-ready. Refer to this link for optimal sitting distance vs screen size: viewing distance graph

Better question to ask would be, "LCD or plasma better for SD viewing." The answer to which would be plasma most of the time.

Edited by stormcontrol

Depends on your sitting distance. If you're at the optimal sitting distance to distinguish fine details (and you're bothered by it) get full HD bah. If you're so far that it doesn't matter, (or so close you're probably spoiling your eyes) must as well just get hd-ready. Refer to this link for optimal sitting distance vs screen size: viewing distance graph

Better question to ask would be, "LCD or plasma better for SD viewing." The answer to which would be plasma most of the time.

guys, do you where's the best place to get prices for electronics and TVs? Prices are being slashed everywhere, but some are gimmicks.. some are limited sets, when you get there, all sold out. Appreciate some advice if any. If not, will just go to all the stores to check.

guys, do you where's the best place to get prices for electronics and TVs? Prices are being slashed everywhere, but some are gimmicks.. some are limited sets, when you get there, all sold out. Appreciate some advice if any. If not, will just go to all the stores to check.

Just to share what we did ..

Look around and find 1-2 models of the LCD TV and other appliances within budget

Call up a few of the electrical shops (like Goh Ah Bee, Ban Kim Chuan etc) to get a quote for all the items

Go to Harvey Norman, Best Denki etc and see if they can match the offers (usually can)

Then, try to bargain somemore for discounts on the extended warranty

Now Harvey Norman got some surewin scratch card .. we got $220 HN vouchers for next purchase.

Just to share what we did ..

Look around and find 1-2 models of the LCD TV and other appliances within budget

Call up a few of the electrical shops (like Goh Ah Bee, Ban Kim Chuan etc) to get a quote for all the items

Go to Harvey Norman, Best Denki etc and see if they can match the offers (usually can)

Then, try to bargain somemore for discounts on the extended warranty

Now Harvey Norman got some surewin scratch card .. we got $220 HN vouchers for next purchase.

thanks apples. seems like a very tiring task, some have better pricing for some items, some for others. Like samsung LED 55-inch tv, last night at Northpoint Harvey Norman, special price $6799 (3 sets) only. And i was offered $6399 from another dealer. Think this gives bargain hunting a new definition altogether. heh.