Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
cheesecake

Contiki Tour

Anyone tried Contiki before?

http://ph.contiki.com/

Wondering if such tours are worth it...Isit reali a waste of time to go Europe during winter? Thought it would b nice to spend winter in Switzerland but when i look at the available tours, abit touch & go type...Hope anyone who has been with Contiki can share ur experience !!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Wow, sounds quite fun hor?? Wifey and me always avoided tours because always got old folks (not that we don't like old people but expectations different mah, eg old folks tend to like sightseeing but we want to SHOP and have fun!) and so very sianz.

If this tour really is really for those aged 18 to 35's then want to find out more liao...

Yeah! It looks interesting rite? Cos i was surfing around for Switzerland as im very interested in Zermatt. Would reali love to spend a few days there. But looking at their tour packages & itinerary, looks abit hectic..but got F&E time also.

http://ph.contiki.com/tours/110-european-discovery-winter

http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/e376/a864d/

I guess...no1 ever juz go to Switzerland juz for Zermatt rite? *gulp* Paiseh, abit sua ku cos i've nv been to Europe....I tink it would be fun to skiiiiiii....lol.

Edited by cheesecake

Yeah lor, I just joined their forum. Let's see what happens...the photos seemed very interesting...

I also never go swiss before but if go there sure must go ski lah, nothing wrong mah. When u intend to go?

Looks like not much ppl noe abt this Contiki tour thing...hmmm....

I noe this sounds stupid but im only planning to go after my AD in 2009. I noe its super early but i roughly need to noe the costs. And heard dat if pay up 6mths before the trip, will have discounts. At first tinking of gg Taipei instead but after doing some calculations, may b able to afford Europe afterall. And i hope to go while im still young & no kids :dancingqueen:

I realise there is actually quite abit of free & easy. Which is wat i wan...I worry abt gg F&E totally in a foreign land so it would be good to have ppl to guide us at some point as well. Now go promo on the Europe tour..tink abt SGD3K+ for one pax inclusive of airfare, accomodation, certain meals & the tour itself...

Ahhh...anyone else gone for this before??

i thought contiki was more for singles looking to hook up? kinda like a matchmaking tour...

Oops...this is the kind of trip that a married person would go and tell his/her spouse that s/he is on business trip...

Double oops... :):~:(

Looks like not much ppl noe abt this Contiki tour thing...hmmm....

I noe this sounds stupid but im only planning to go after my AD in 2009. I noe its super early but i roughly need to noe the costs. And heard dat if pay up 6mths before the trip, will have discounts. At first tinking of gg Taipei instead but after doing some calculations, may b able to afford Europe afterall. And i hope to go while im still young & no kids :rolleyes:

I realise there is actually quite abit of free & easy. Which is wat i wan...I worry abt gg F&E totally in a foreign land so it would be good to have ppl to guide us at some point as well. Now go promo on the Europe tour..tink abt SGD3K+ for one pax inclusive of airfare, accomodation, certain meals & the tour itself...

Ahhh...anyone else gone for this before??

Me planning to go europe for honeymoon too....plan to go next year if our budget allows it....i also wana go while i'm still young and without kids...:bangwall:

My friend booked her honeymoon with SA tours for a 13day trip and costs 3.8K+, incl. airfare, accomodation and i think meals too...can't remember....but i think quite a good deal....

i thought contiki was more for singles looking to hook up? kinda like a matchmaking tour...

huh!:bow:! U sure?? Alamak, i duno leh...i tot its juz a tour kinda thing for ppl aged 18-35. No wonder the age limit...hmmm...

Oops...this is the kind of trip that a married person would go and tell his/her spouse that s/he is on business trip...

Double oops... :);) !!

!!

Dun give other ppl ideas lar :)

Me planning to go europe for honeymoon too....plan to go next year if our budget allows it....i also wana go while i'm still young and without kids...!!

My friend booked her honeymoon with SA tours for a 13day trip and costs 3.8K+, incl. airfare, accomodation and i think meals too...can't remember....but i think quite a good deal....

Ahhh...was tinking me+hb go Europe would need abt 8K at least....Ur fren went during winter or wat???

huh!:bangwall:! U sure?? Alamak, i duno leh...i tot its juz a tour kinda thing for ppl aged 18-35. No wonder the age limit...hmmm...

:bangwall:

Dun give other ppl ideas lar :bangwall:

Ahhh...was tinking me+hb go Europe would need abt 8K at least....Ur fren went during winter or wat???

Ya, my friend will be going this mid Nov, should be winter...

I went skiing for my honeymoon, but only 1 day haha. Very tiring.... so depends on what kind of hol you want.

BTW, have you tried looking at INSIGHTS tour? Those are more detailed Europe tours and I heard early booking confirm got discount one.

Chew, dats y i tink i cannt tahan if juz ski nia on honeymoon :dunno: I need some sight-seeing as well esp Zermatt..but it seems like not all Europe tours will go dat place...Thks for the tip, i will surf around for Insight :bangwall: Was telling my hb abt gg for Europe for abt 12-14 days but he says his fren told him at least 18 days then enuf !!

:yamseng: If can afford to go Europe for 18 days, who don't want... :unsure:

If you got time, just drop by travel agencies to pick up the Insight Vacation booklets. I believe SA and Dynasty have those. Or if you more adventurous, can take a short package tour, then roam ard yourself. See more things at a leisurely pace :bangwall:

I went on contiki tour after completing my studies in UK many yrs bk.

It's a fun tour for yuppies ranging from normal lodging to 3-star accom.

Of course u can also choose higher class of accom too, juz pay $$ :sport-smiley-004:

Some meal r included, while some aren't.. make sure u check w/ the guide.

One thing to note is the tour travels by land & sea, hence most of yr time r on the road or in the coach.. same as all tours limited attractions time spent at each sites. Some times the driver & the guide will add an extras attraction pt, depending on schedules. oh, last but not least u'll need to tip them as well oh.. Hope this helps :sport-smiley-004: