Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
greentea

Change Of House

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
hi all,

if i move to new house, do you guys know what furniture should i buy new and what furniture can i keep from my old hose..

regards,

newly wed or whole family moving.

newly wed - NEW BED + STOVE is a must.

whole family moving must bring old stove over. (fire)

Edited by MaCe

Old stove? As in old hob ah? Just bring over and store one side or must use? Can use toaster or rice cooker instead or not?

hi

its whole family move. the stove that i bring over must i install it? should i get the date to install it?

hi

its whole family move. the stove that i bring over must i install it? should i get the date to install it?

sorry for not explaining clearly - you need to start a stove(charcoal) in old house, then bring it over to new house. but then this is just chinese customs...hardly fs related.

Old stove? As in old hob ah? Just bring over and store one side or must use? Can use toaster or rice cooker instead or not?

paiseh..didnt explain clearly...the charcoal stove.

sorry for not explaining clearly - you need to start a stove(charcoal) in old house, then bring it over to new house. but then this is just chinese customs...hardly fs related.

paiseh..didnt explain clearly...the charcoal stove.

so that mean i can bring my old furniture to my new home la right? if like that true.. :dancingqueen: hehe :dunno: money save alredy.

so that mean i can bring my old furniture to my new home la right? if like that true.. :bangwall: hehe :bangwall: money save alredy.

of cos can...already said as long as NOT newly wed.

of cos can...already said as long as NOT newly wed.

hi mace,

one more Q..

about the the charcoal stove, i dont have the charcoal stove now, so i buy the charcoal stove then use. i'll be moving out my old home soon and will be moving to my new home in january 2008 so i keep the charcoal till i move in to my new home?

hi mace,

one more Q..

about the the charcoal stove, i dont have the charcoal stove now, so i buy the charcoal stove then use. i'll be moving out my old home soon and will be moving to my new home in january 2008 so i keep the charcoal till i move in to my new home?

most would use a new stove.

Sorry but I say all these are "patang" and more in cultural believe/practise rather than FS.

For example, Cantonese uses fruits, boild water and cook at home on the first day in their new home. And all new things in a new house no matter what. Hokiean use pineapple and roll inside house, chicken and posted pork, sugar canes for praying. etc etc etc......

pineapple in singapore/malaysia is "wong lai" (wealth is coming) but not in China or HK. HK call them "po lo" (nothing related to wealth)

Sugar cane is used in praying in singapore and malaysia, coz during WWII, Hokiean believe sugarcanes has help them from Japs killing them when they hide in behind sugarcane fields.

You can do all the above for the peace of mind but they are not related to FS.

Most important thing to do is to choose the correct date and time to move in. Another is when move into new house is to cleanse old "things" including furnitures or other stuffs you may have. Cleansing can be done by using sea salt placing around the furnitures or burning aroma oil for 2 days or more. These cleansing will get rid of negative energies present in your furniture and cleanse the air. Sea salt can absorb negative energy and harmful bacteria, fungi and viruses. Leave the sea salt overnight and vacuum them the next day.

Yup.. Mace is right again.. :D

Ooi.. Ever of thinking to be a Master or not? :deal: You very qualify leh..? :yamseng: If not.. very sayang..

Regards,

MasterChong33

Yup.. Mace is right again.. :bangwall:

Ooi.. Ever of thinking to be a Master or not? :jawdrop: You very qualify leh..? :sport-smiley-004: If not.. very sayang..

Regards,

MasterChong33

suan me again :good: