Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Dear folks,

Need some help / guidance. Currently look for idea for my rooftop. It has never been renovated and was left vacant by the previous tenant. I wanted turn it into a nice corner for BBQ and chill-out. Looking to build some structures but require some ideas. Suggestions / pics / links to websites will be welcomed. Thanks in advance :sport-smiley-018:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Dear folks,

Need some help / guidance. Currently look for idea for my rooftop. It has never been renovated and was left vacant by the previous tenant. I wanted turn it into a nice corner for BBQ and chill-out. Looking to build some structures but require some ideas. Suggestions / pics / links to websites will be welcomed. Thanks in advance :thumbs up:

mayb u can find some idea here...

http://www.hendoncreation.com/Outdoor%20Wood%20Fixture.htm

Dear folks,

Need some help / guidance. Currently look for idea for my rooftop. It has never been renovated and was left vacant by the previous tenant. I wanted turn it into a nice corner for BBQ and chill-out. Looking to build some structures but require some ideas. Suggestions / pics / links to websites will be welcomed. Thanks in advance :dancingqueen:

It is very interesting that you are able to rent out an unrenovated roof. You probably has an attic, and could also have an open-air rc flat roof. I remember the Mountbatten CC has a roof garden whereby its members chill-out, and particularly during nights where there are fireworks from the stadium as well as the esplanade area, it's really cool. The Kembangan CC also has one, but lack the height for a good view.

Attics can be very hot even if with insulation, and air-conditioning load can be very high. But attics and roof gardens are very cosy place, like you say to chill-out or to spend some quiet moments alone staring at the sky. Older houses do not have waterproofing membranes underneath the screed of the rc flat roof, but the newer ones usually do. So drilling into the roof can damage the waterproofing membrane and void the gauranteed that comes from the manufacturer and installer. If the roof is very old, likely is that is is very course and putting a coat of screed with sika will strengthen the waterproofing. For flooring, you can use 70wood's DIY deck tiles, and you don't really have to tile the entire space, but only the essential areas where traffic is likely to happen. The rest of the areas can be creatively treated with box plants or pebbles, or even box grass to give it feel of nature. 70wood also sells materials where one can build your own trellis, planter boxes or even build your own decking.

Before putting up your BBQ pit, maybe you want to know if your neighbours are hanging their laundry overnight. Surely you won't want them to wake up the next morning having your laundry fragrance being replaced with a totally different kind of aroma.

http://70woodprofiles.blogspot.com

http://70wood.blogspot.com