Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
chew@PPLe

Mariott Vacation Club

Yo, I just received a call from them doing a promotion with TAKA this week. Supposedly will give you $100 Taka voucher if you attend their 90 min preview. Anybody heard of it? Is it a scam?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Yo, I just received a call from them doing a promotion with TAKA this week. Supposedly will give you $100 Taka voucher if you attend their 90 min preview. Anybody heard of it? Is it a scam?

They always have roadshow. I signed up during one of their roadshows cos they promised if you attend their 90min talk, will enjoy free one night stay at marriot hotel or something like that. The promoter said the manager will call me to confirm my attendance for the talk. In the end, when he called me to confirm, I told him I won't be attending anymore cos hubby said this is some timeshare thingy. No such free lunch in this world...

Yeah, I went for one timeshare talk before, they did give me the door gift as promised, except they'll try to hard sell their package. My hubby also don't want to waste time...

1st offer I rcd was fm a bank mailer, offering $200 taka vouchers if I response within a wk. Subsequently, were calls fm some marketing Co. offering $100 taka vouchers. Then another offering $130 Mariott dining vouchers or $125 NETS cash card..

Hmm.. I wldn't say it's a scam, it's juz maketing methods/ strategies.. shopping vouchers in eXchange of both yr spouse & yr time and mostly imptly hoping cling a deal wif u.

It's nothing new, this way of marketing had been very popular in States. Typically they invite couples for an hr long sales presentation, then follow by convincing u to buy their products.

Is it worh it? It a matter of individual perspectives.. juz remember there's no free meal in this world :dribble:

Edited by JuzChris

1st offer I rcd was fm a bank mailer, offering $200 taka vouchers if I response within a wk. Subsequently, were calls fm some marketing Co. offering $100 taka vouchers. Then another offering $130 Mariott dining vouchers or $125 NETS cash card..

Hmm.. I wldn't say it's a scam, it's juz maketing methods/ strategies.. shopping vouchers in eXchange of both yr spouse & yr time and mostly imptly hoping cling a deal wif u.

It's nothing new, this way of marketing had been very popular in States. Typically they invite couples for an hr long sales presentation, then follow by convincing u to buy their products.

Is it worh it? It a matter of individual perspectives.. juz remember there's no free meal in this world :dunno:

Do they really give us REAL vouchers and gifts?? As in nonsense like $200 voucher but minimum spending of $1000?? $200 voucher that are 'good-as-cash' and useable in the stores, then that's real...

If so then I think its fair to exchange some tangible rewards for my time to sell me something. I had also done a few marketing surveys and focus groups, where they analyse our behaviour and responses to various ads, packagings and products/services. Such surveys are no-nonsense one; straight cash in an envelope for you at the end of the session.

think it's quite a good deal if they give u complimentary stay in marriot... and if u've time to waste.. why not attend?

I got call from them before but i dun have a partner to attend with me :dunno:

heard that the monthly salary must be above 5k right? if u're single.. if u're married or something u can combine with ur partner.. will they check it?

They probably went through Citibank for this time round (so I was told) and called up all the credit card holders. I guess if you have a credit card, your pay is at least 2.5k so they're assuming your spouse earns the same loh.

Yes, the $200 vouchers are real Taka vouchers. I think it's quite worth it if you've time to spare. My parents attended, it's only an hour long, and they got treated to food and drinks before the presentation. Within the hour, as promised, they were ushered out for their $200 Taka vouchers. Just beware though, it IS timeshare. I heard Hyatt also coming out with their timeshare thingy, and I've read reviews saying it's actually cheaper to book online than book as a member for the SAME package. Keke, I guess it's only for suckers who believe they're getting a genuine membership. :sport-smiley-018:

Yes, the $200 vouchers are real Taka vouchers. I think it's quite worth it if you've time to spare. My parents attended, it's only an hour long, and they got treated to food and drinks before the presentation. Within the hour, as promised, they were ushered out for their $200 Taka vouchers. Just beware though, it IS timeshare. I heard Hyatt also coming out with their timeshare thingy, and I've read reviews saying it's actually cheaper to book online than book as a member for the SAME package. Keke, I guess it's only for suckers who believe they're getting a genuine membership. :P

I went to the talk for the fun of it. Irritated the sales person abit cos I understand about the timeshare thingy abit. And even ask silly technical questions where the sales person wasn't competent to reply...but overall the sales person never got angry. Kept a smile on the face.

I got a $100 netts card. I guess I dun mind listening to gain some experience on this. =)

My husband received a mailer from Citibank to attend the Marriot Vacation Club presentation and get either $200 takashimaya voucher or 1 night stay at Ritz Carlton. He wanted to trash the mailer but I said to go listen to the 90minute presentation and get a free gift!

We attended the presentation on Sunday (18/11) and were glad to know that they were not so hard sell... but of course it'll depend on who serves you. They ushered us to the reception area once we got there and we could help ourselves to the snacks and drinks provided. Following which, we could walk around to view the introductory panels about Marriot Vacation Club.

It doesn't quite work like a timeshare and I would say that it's definitely not a scam. You are basically paying for your hotel stay upfront for the next 49 years (that's when the lease expires). There are currently 6 Marriot Vacation Clubs where you can stay in, and on top of that you can also choose to stay in partner hotels and/or Marriot hotels around the world. It's not an investment ie there are no returns/yields. You are buying credits and everytime u book to stay somewhere, you use those credits! You can even use the credits to book rooms for your friends and family.

We didn't buy in eventually, as we are not prepared to part with such a large amount of money since we're doing renovations now but we did see that it's not a scam and would have been open to it if we had more spare cash. Citibank is providing the financing channels through 5 or 10 year instalments.

My advice? Really no harm going for the presentation if you had an afternoon/evening to spare during the weekends! Nothing to lose since they will still give you the voucher if you didn't sign up!

:jawdrop:

i went to listen too, was given $100 taka vouchers on the spot. i went to buy key pouch for my new hse keys immediately

hmm..its like they give u $100 to buy you time lor. And they market their product to u to bring awareness.

the package not bad la, but its quite very costly. They have a good marketing strategy really.

Combine household income need $6000 and above then can go

if single go, must be 35years and above

if couple go, the husband must be 28years and above,the wife's age doesnt matter

If were to go again, i still will go la, keke (for the $100 voucher) :thumbs up:

got age band one ah? aiyah.. haven't hit my 28th birthday yet...

****.. there goes the vouchers.

but they never check my age leh.its on the phone they asked me

maybe u can try?

although they say combine household income $6000, they also never check on me.

v worth to go leh.hehe

the sales person so so la, not very agressive also, the push level is just nice..they will not push u so hard de, dont worry.

but they never check my age leh.its on the phone they asked me

maybe u can try?

although they say combine household income $6000, they also never check on me.

v worth to go leh.hehe

the sales person so so la, not very agressive also, the push level is just nice..they will not push u so hard de, dont worry.

lol.. then i must poh they call me liao.

ha ha ha