Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
phoenix

Solid Kitchen Top

thx for the link jaskel!

hope u dont mind my pesky questions - just one more - any opinion on "hanex" solid surface top? :help:

( i.e. www.hanexusa.com ? )

thx!

Seriously, this is the first time I come across this brand, I think so is others. I have no comments or heard any reviews on it. Basically, there are too many new brands in the market, it just really who do u trust and their after sale service. e.g Sony LCD TV..compare with japanese branded LCD TV. :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
ok... new flavour of the month called "trust"! hehe

thx v much jaskel! :D

Do u consider also granite and quartz? U can check out the pros n cons on all type of kitchen top here.

http://www .myhometown .sg/Forum/tabid/84/forumid/22/postid/152822/view/topic/Default.aspx

(delete the space in between the dot)

hi, does any one know what the current prices for corian worktops and stainless steel worktops are like?

i'm trying to design my new kitchen, but am not sure how much of each material i can afford =P

Also, i'm thinking of getting my wall lined with either stainless steel or glass (many ppl put a piece of s/s behind their hobs; i want to place it across the wall). Anyone with info on how much wallet damage that will be? My wall is about 12ft long...

Thank you

thx jaskel, for the links.

actually i already found that myhometown url post by u via google earlier on.. hehe.

our quote for quartz is abt 2x of solid surface top.. too ex for us liao.

cheap solid surface top = approx. $80+ ?

corian = approx. $130+ ?

quartz = $200+

assume if kitchen bottom = 14ft

difference = (200 - 80) x 14ft = $1,680

for this price, i think we can do 14ft x kitchen cabinet (bottom one) oredi...

throw in another $1,700 for the top cabinet and i got a brand new kitchen look! :dribble:

Quartz is 3-4X more expensive than solid surface.

Cheap Solid surface...$50-$70

Corian...$100-$130

Quartz...$195-$210

Some prefer quartz due to it hardness and non-porous. So still up to individual like and budget.

u r most welcome... usually samples and packaging have to look impressive and "superb".... but bear in mind... good things doesnt come in low prices... and most of the time all these are sales presentation... if u happen to come across anyone from renotalk who saw my samples b4, u can ask how i present my samples to them...

i will actually show them my unpolished samples and the samples are juz in a box... if u dun mind i can show u my samples as well... btw in singapore corian is one of the only 2 brand that is using 100% acrylic and its non porous...

cheers :)

Hi Davidfund. May know whether corian solid surface size can be customized?

I would like a size of 900Wx1800L mm solid surface for my island. But the contractor told me that solid surface come in standard depth size of 600mm. I hv to pay double price 600+600 mm to make a 900mm depth of solid surface. Is that true?

Hi Davidfund. May know whether corian solid surface size can be customized?

I would like a size of 900Wx1800L mm solid surface for my island. But the contractor told me that solid surface come in standard depth size of 600mm. I hv to pay double price 600+600 mm to make a 900mm depth of solid surface. Is that true?

erm. instead of 900Wx1800L, you can think of it as 1800Wx900L and just fuse 3 piece together. Just nice :)

PS. Ask your contractor to serve your interests instead of trying to earn more money from you.

thx jaskel, for the links.

actually i already found that myhometown url post by u via google earlier on.. hehe.

our quote for quartz is abt 2x of solid surface top.. too ex for us liao.

cheap solid surface top = approx. $80+ ?

corian = approx. $130+ ?

quartz = $200+

assume if kitchen bottom = 14ft

difference = (200 - 80) x 14ft = $1,680

for this price, i think we can do 14ft x kitchen cabinet (bottom one) oredi...

throw in another $1,700 for the top cabinet and i got a brand new kitchen look! :dribble:

quartz is $200 pfr with 50mm backsplash (on length) & 40mm mitred downturn (on length) including 1 hob opening, 1 undermount sink opening and 1 tap hole including installation

just go straight to the supplier www.prema.sg

erm. instead of 900Wx1800L, you can think of it as 1800Wx900L and just fuse 3 piece together. Just nice :)

PS. Ask your contractor to serve your interests instead of trying to earn more money from you.

Oh, thanks ossify. Really a brilliant idea, 3 piece of 600mm to make it 1800Wx900L