Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
phoenix

Solid Kitchen Top

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
if i not wrong there will be a joint for L-shape

yeah. they need to join but the beauty of soild surface top is the joint can't or barely can be seen at all. :curse:

for people looking at just 100% soild white or black, look for handex by formwell. the white is pure white and black is jet black. :)

or you can consider engineered quartz brand like stile

similar to solid surface but much more scratch / stain resistant

or stainless steel, think also won't have joint line if they cut from one piece

or tiled surface coz the joint line won't be obvious

or granite / marble cut from one piece, can be done but definitely gonna cost :)

i think i've seen these crystallized glass panel top in classic kitchen before. but i was not sure if it was merely sandblasted glass or something else. it does look really pretty. but looks very 'fragile' too. imagine if u drop something heavy... *ouch*:sport-smiley-004: how is the resistence like? does it come in 1 single long piece for your entire top?

but wah.. $180 pfr is a heafty price to pay for a kitchen top. but i'm sure it will look great! :notti:

yes... plenty. juz to name a few....

tiles

laminated postform

stainless steel

granite

marble

glass

my reno juz started. till now, im still not sure if it's in one piece. i hope it is though... It looks pretty, being glossy pure white. :sport-smiley-004: , & i was told it's not porous and is harder than granite, so i guess it wun b so easily scratched. i keep my fingers crossed.

Edited by blueblue_m6

Hi... I was quoted $95 psf for staron brand of kitchen top n $120 psf for 15ft top and bottom kitchen cabinet in laminate finish... Isit reasonable? Or shld i bragain for more discounts with my ID? Thks :)

How to calculate pfr to feet or inch

According to correct mathematical metric conversions ->

25.4mm = 2.54cm = 0.0254m = 1 inch

12 inches = 304.8mm = 30.48cm = 0.3048m = 1 feet

If $120 pfr for kitchen cabinets, top 10ft & bottom 10ft, then e calculation ->

$120 x (10ft + 10ft) = $2400

If $95 pfr for solid surface worktop, then e calculation ->

$95 x 10ft = $950

Total price for kitchen cabinets = $2400 + $950 = $3350

Note: $3350 does not include other accessories such as cooker hob & hood, backing panel, sink & tap-mixer. Basic items like cutlery tray, dish rack, frosted glass door, handles etc will b included & stated clearly in ur quotation/contract.

But normally, IDs & Contractors, calculate base on approximate of 300mm for 1 feet on drawings (eg. 1 : 100 scale hdb flat floor plan)

But if on site, then gota use e measuring tape, which is more accurate.

:notti:

Edited by jaCKY777

Think the standard is 6ft slab. You can call to inquire for larger sizes. I'm doing my kitchen counter top at builder's shop in changi south and they can cut larger slabs as long as they have stocks available. Felt the price there quite reasonable too.

If anybody wants to know what sort of Kitchen Counter Top to use, go to this website : www.reefwheel.com It has a comparison between solid surface and other various materials.

What is the max length of the granite if use for worktop, my kitchen cabinet is abt 10ft

I was asked a very enlightening question when i was out running around for reno quotations. If someone requests for a 10-15ft uncut solid surface, can! why cannot. BUT, how are we going to bring it to your house? How tall is a standard lift? Length of staircase? If i remember correctly the standard length should be 6-8ft for practicability. :yamseng:

Most of the slab comes in 8 by 4 feet for stone. However if your hob and sink are side by side, your ID may split them into two piece so as it will not break when transporting.

I was asked a very enlightening question when i was out running around for reno quotations. If someone requests for a 10-15ft uncut solid surface, can! why cannot. BUT, how are we going to bring it to your house? How tall is a standard lift? Length of staircase? If i remember correctly the standard length should be 6-8ft for practicability. :yamseng:

if i'm not wrong it won't be uncut

it's just that they'll 'sand' it down to make the seam line almost invisible when connected

that's how they do it for L-shaped countertop anyway :yamseng:

sorry, need help! for those in progress of making a solid worktop, do the top comes uncut. I mean uncut in the sink, mixer and hob area. They will cut to desired size at our premises? Cause I am worried that if they already cut, then my hob gonna protrude out. The ST**ID! cabinet contractor cut nearer to the edge and when I put my hob in it, it protrude out ...****! Thanks.