Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
katvolution

Wedding Album

I always thought that it's a great waste to spend thousands over some photos. That was how I felt when my friend told me she top up 6-7K for her wedding album and photos. That was 4 years back. At that point of time, when I get married in future, I won't bother spending so much on wedding photos.

BUT.

I went down to view and select my wedding photos with my hubby yesterday. I ended up choosing more than what my package offers me. :dunno::bangwall:

Do you guys face this too?

My questions are :

1) On the average, how many photos are you entitled to in your bridal package?

2) How many photos had you top up for?

3) What is the amount you top up for the extra photos?

Pardon my lame questions. I took up my bridal package without shopping around as it was introduced by a good friend of mine. Hope to get answers here. :wub:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hahaha. same here. initially, i find it's a waste to spend so much on album but after we saw the photos and we couldnt resist! we chosen more than what the BS provides us. eventually, we topped up extra near to $4000. :dunno:

hahaha. same here. initially, i find it's a waste to spend so much on album but after we saw the photos and we couldnt resist! we chosen more than what the BS provides us. eventually, we topped up extra near to $4000. :dunno:

How many photos does your package offered? For the 4K that you had top up, how many photos are there? All digital or just normal ones?

How many photos does your package offered? For the 4K that you had top up, how many photos are there? All digital or just normal ones?

the package only provides 26 poses. :) but now after we topped up then almost all the photos taken are in! :) now we've 2 albums (one big and one small). our photographer converts the 2 albums into magazine style and also will touch up a bit for all the photos. he also will return us all the photos in CDR. :yamseng:

what you mean by digital or normal? :dunno:

I always thought that it's a great waste to spend thousands over some photos. That was how I felt when my friend told me she top up 6-7K for her wedding album and photos. That was 4 years back. At that point of time, when I get married in future, I won't bother spending so much on wedding photos.

BUT.

I went down to view and select my wedding photos with my hubby yesterday. I ended up choosing more than what my package offers me. :):)

Do you guys face this too?

My questions are :

Pardon my lame questions. I took up my bridal package without shopping around as it was introduced by a good friend of mine. Hope to get answers here. :yamseng:

Hi Katvolution, ya I agree it's very hard to resist topping up photos no matter how much determination you got once you see the shots. I also tried veyr very hard not to top up any cos budget budget, but in the end still topped up a few more. Here's my contribution:

We were entitled to 30 full page photos altogether, 20 digital, 10 normal full page.

One big bedhead framed photo and 2 8R size photos. One small 4R size album.

We topped up 7 photos, 2 digital, 5 normal.

600. One digital photo costs us about $95, normal full page about $75.

Very ex and on tight budget so 600 is actually quite alot for us....:dunno:

Edited by Air

hubby and i had agreed not to top up too many photos. at most less than 5. we did manage to keep to this (we selected 4 photos extra) but ended up topping up more when the BS counter propose to us and hubby was the one who wanted to top up the photos :)

30 photos

13 photos (1 the BS 'throw in' for us coz we forgot to choose dat and she tink that is a nice one)

$1008

FYI, i also did not shop around for BS. we just settled with the 1st BS we approach coz we were very comfy with the sales coordinator and there was definitely no hard selling :yamseng:

actually we topped up coz the coordinator counter proposed for us to get back all photos in soft copies with good resolution :)

i dun really understand what is meant by digital or magazine style? isit several photos in 1 page?

Edited by Fifi

i dun really understand what is meant by digital or magazine style? isit several photos in 1 page?

magazine style means the photographer will arrange a layout with several photos in 1 page. he'll know how to arrange so that you can have as many photos and on the other hand overall doesnt look messy. :) something like those magazines you read. :)

digital means the photos are printed on and unlike the normal type with one piece one piece. :yamseng:

the package only provides 26 poses. :) but now after we topped up then almost all the photos taken are in! :) now we've 2 albums (one big and one small). our photographer converts the 2 albums into magazine style and also will touch up a bit for all the photos. he also will return us all the photos in CDR. :yamseng:

what you mean by digital or normal? :dunno:

When you take up your package, it should state how many digital shots your are entitled to. But I guessed, digital shots means those magazine look alike shots. With more than photo on each page.

Katvolution, did some research wen I had my PS:

if i rem correctly here are the ans:

depends on wat u r taking. individual photos not those magzine spread is around 30+

magzine styled is 45+

we topped up less den 10 inorder to mit the min requirements for mag style.

if top up little, they will normally charge 79-80 per photo

if u top up alot, price downs down significently. some even as little as $10. becoz u can bargain one lar. ;)

Ya lor. I was flabbergasted when I was quoted about 80 per extra photo. :dunno:

Hi Katvolution, ya I agree it's very hard to resist topping up photos no matter how much determination you got once you see the shots. I also tried veyr very hard not to top up any cos budget budget, but in the end still topped up a few more. Here's my contribution:

We were entitled to 30 full page photos altogether, 20 digital, 10 normal full page.

One big bedhead framed photo and 2 8R size photos. One small 4R size album.

We topped up 7 photos, 2 digital, 5 normal.

600. One digital photo costs us about $95, normal full page about $75.

Very ex and on tight budget so 600 is actually quite alot for us....:(

Wow. Air, you got the most detailed answers. :) Mine was the same package as yours for the digital and full pages ones. 1 big framed photo, 3 photos boxed up, I don't know how to say, but you can hang them on the walls as they are nicely boxed up.

hubby and i had agreed not to top up too many photos. at most less than 5. we did manage to keep to this (we selected 4 photos extra) but ended up topping up more when the BS counter propose to us and hubby was the one who wanted to top up the photos :lol:

30 photos

13 photos (1 the BS 'throw in' for us coz we forgot to choose dat and she tink that is a nice one)

$1008

FYI, i also did not shop around for BS. we just settled with the 1st BS we approach coz we were very comfy with the sales coordinator and there was definitely no hard selling :)

actually we topped up coz the coordinator counter proposed for us to get back all photos in soft copies with good resolution :notti:

After reading all the replies from you guys, I realized that I am a co*k. Sigh. I feel paiseh even to tell you guys how much I had top up.

Geez. I was hoping to find someone as gong as me. But like dun haf leh.

I actually top up 4.8K for my photos. :yamseng:

Please tell me that I had not being axed. :(:(:(

When you take up your package, it should state how many digital shots your are entitled to. But I guessed, digital shots means those magazine look alike shots. With more than photo on each page.

Ya lor. I was flabbergasted when I was quoted about 80 per extra photo. :)

Wow. Air, you got the most detailed answers. :dunno: Mine was the same package as yours for the digital and full pages ones. 1 big framed photo, 3 photos boxed up, I don't know how to say, but you can hang them on the walls as they are nicely boxed up.

After reading all the replies from you guys, I realized that I am a co*k. Sigh. I feel paiseh even to tell you guys how much I had top up.

Geez. I was hoping to find someone as gong as me. But like dun haf leh.

I actually top up 4.8K for my photos. :)

Please tell me that I had not being axed. :yamseng::dunno::yamseng:

Dun worry lah. You are not the only one spending so much on photos. I've got friends who spent 5-6k on photos alone, got one spent 10k alone on photos...can u imagine?!?! I think for most of us, it's because budget constraints...if not, i would also like to top up many many...after all, this is once in a lifetime thing. SPend liao then dun think so much le...enjoy the outcome of your photos can le :notti:

Edited by Air

Dun worry lah. You are not the only one spending so much on photos. I've got friends who spent 5-6k on photos alone, got one spent 10k alone on photos...can u imagine?!?! I think for most of us, it's because budget constraints...if not, i would also like to top up many many...after all, this is once in a lifetime thing. SPend liao then dun think so much le...enjoy the outcome of your photos can le :dunno:

yup...

agree... as i've mentioned before, my fren spent close to 10k too and she had 2 big albums of photos!!

dun tink abt the cost liaoz

to soothe ur 'heartpain' a little, take it out every nite to admire it :):yamseng:

magazine style means the photographer will arrange a layout with several photos in 1 page. he'll know how to arrange so that you can have as many photos and on the other hand overall doesnt look messy. :) something like those magazines you read. :yamseng:

digital means the photos are printed on and unlike the normal type with one piece one piece. :dunno:

coz sometimes ppl refer digital to be same as magazine. so quite confusing on the different terms used

Hmm, I didn't top up for any because my photographer didn't charged by # of photos. He go by number of pages. So he can pile as many photos as we want into a page, big or small doesn't matter. I also got back all my photos in digital format. But we didn't develop big photo frames because we don't want to hang them up in the house. :) Actually, nowadays, I only go online to look at my photos, rather than take out the huge album to flip through. :)

Dun worry lah. You are not the only one spending so much on photos. I've got friends who spent 5-6k on photos alone, got one spent 10k alone on photos...can u imagine?!?! I think for most of us, it's because budget constraints...if not, i would also like to top up many many...after all, this is once in a lifetime thing. SPend liao then dun think so much le...enjoy the outcome of your photos can le :dunno:

Phew. Really can breathe better after seeing your reply. We top up about 100 photos more. Really cannot resist leh!! Got to blame it on the fantastic photographer who managed to capture many nice shots of me and my boy. :)

The initial price was 7k+, then we bargain and bargain. Then come to an agreement of 4.8K. They will also give us the CD Rom for ALL shots. That is basically what we want most. Beri beri important. The other thing that we bargained for is, I don't know what is that called. But you know ar, you open the album, there will be 2 pages right? But some albums are split up in the centre, even for digital layouts. They agreed to throw in the non-split type for us. At 1st, we are quoted 1.2K for it! :)

I told my boy that I am not keeping my album in the drawer to collect dust. Will get an album stand for it and put it in our cosy corner. After all, we don't look that great always. :yamseng:

our BS uses the word "poses" not shots. :dunno:

yup, we get all digital ones. :yamseng: something like printed on the albums. just like those magazines sell at the stalls. :)

coz sometimes ppl refer digital to be same as magazine. so quite confusing on the different terms used

to make it simple. digital = magazine style album :)

yup...

agree... as i've mentioned before, my fren spent close to 10k too and she had 2 big albums of photos!!

dun tink abt the cost liaoz

to soothe ur 'heartpain' a little, take it out every nite to admire it :) :)

Ya digital is the same as magazine style.

I dun understand what is meant by "digital means the photos are printed on and unlike the normal type with one piece one piece". Actually hor, I dun understand that entire reply at all.

I told my boy that I am not keeping my album in the drawer to collect dust. Will get an album stand for it and put it in our cosy corner. After all, we don't look that great always. :notti:

displace the albums at your AD reception for all your guests to view lor. otherwise, spent so much also no point. :dancingqueen: