Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
redbottle

Elmark Ceiling Fan Users: Please Share Ur Experience

Hi, I am also finding ceiling fan.. with light mounted? HAve anyone heard of REGA??? kdk's ceiling fan okie cos the rega sales ppl say kdk more famous on their wall and stand fan.,

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
i didn't see that in the kdk website... only white one. but i shall keep my eyes open when i start shopping for electrical appliances.

i saw this in this month's home and decor magazine and really like that it's so simple and so black! it will be able to "hide" dust, as opposed to white fans. :bow:

eh black won't be able to hide dust

coz you'll see fine white specks in no time

so far find that wooden blades are the best

coz they hide dust and are not dangerous :help:

hmm... i suppose if u compare metal vs wood, wood would def be more lasting. but somehow the wooden look doesn't really go with my decor cos i'm not going to have any wood grains in my new home. hehe... not a great fan of wood.

i think i saw a similar design in the elmark website but instead of black, it's gunmetal. shall call to ask if they have black.

the kdk ones didn't really catch my eye. they're rather bulky in terms of design.

wood comes in black colour too

it's just the material of the blade

colour-wise there are variety just like metal blade :(

ooh... i guess i'll keep my eyes open when i start shopping for fans. do the shops sell just fans only? or along with lighting?

Elmark has a really interesting designer model fan - dmd3sr3.gif - thinking of using it for my balcony...hope it's not too expensive. looks like wooden blade... hopefully it comes in other colours.

i'm using all fanco fans at home

think you can check out the elmark showroom

maybe if you buy from there they won't be able to push blame coz they are the selling cum repair pple :)

when you are looking around, please note that fans are usually in the range of $100+ to $200+ for elmark and fanco

unless they have very ***** :(

where is the elmark showroom? isit the one at ubi? they sell elmark & fanco there? any other brands?

did u check out amasco fans when u were shopping? i think the black one that i like is an amasco twister.

i saw a similar one on the fanco website but not sure if it comes in black.

yes elmark showroom is at ubi but they only carry elmark

my fans are all fanco coz it was recommended by the uncle :thumbs up:

so far very happy with my fans, and the service of the fanco pple

ooh... i guess i'll keep my eyes open when i start shopping for fans. do the shops sell just fans only? or along with lighting?

Elmark has a really interesting designer model fan - dmd3sr3.gif - thinking of using it for my balcony...hope it's not too expensive. looks like wooden blade... hopefully it comes in other colours.

The fan you have shown there cost 1000+

and yes it comes in a few other colors. I saw this at the Elmark showroom when i went the other time

The fan you have shown there cost 1000+

and yes it comes in a few other colors. I saw this at the Elmark showroom when i went the other time

yes i found out this morning when i called Elmark. *gulp*

i guess will settle for a normal stainless steel fan for my balcony...

Hi,

Please note that the Elmark fan is not as efficient as it is supposed to be. The fans should be circulating at a slow speed around the centre but the Elmark version increases the circulating speed as the fan speed increases. There is a version at X-tra called the Matthews Fan which cost a lot more but it is designed the way it is supposed to be. The fan circulate around the centre slowly regardless of the speed of the fans.

Regards,

Mparade

thanks mparade, i know what you mean. unfortunately, i'm not going to spend more than $1k on a ceiling fan, as much as i would love to! the budget is rising everyday and it's really scary how everything adds up. it's like holding the wedding all over again but this time, no ang pows!

u live in marina parade? we're pretty near then!

hi hi,

does anyone know where to buy a simple 3-blade type that is black in colour? i'm looking for something like this...

Hi, I think this is the fan i'm using currently at my house. It should be Elmark 48" fan, right? Got 3 colours - white gray and black. Had it for 4-5 years and it's still working fine.

I'm getting another 1 for my new house because it's so far the "flatest" ceiling fan I can find.

Only around 17cm from the ceiling.

Btw, it's selling for around $75 at Jalan Bersah without installation.

Hope this helps.

Hi Taz,

Thanks! Yes it looks like an Elmark, saw it in their website. Am glad that you have good comments about it!

They have more colours now, even matt and glossy black! I'll decide when i'm doing material selection with my ID, to see which colour goes best with the overall decor. I'm going to get 4 fans - living room, MBR, study and balcony - but probably in different colours and designs.

Would it be better to get from Elmark directly, so that they can get their guys to install? if you buy it from retailers, who does installation? I understand from forummers that ceiling fans need to be balanced properly.

Other brands like Fanco and Amasco also have similar designs but the prices vary quite a bit. Elmark is the cheapest so far. :yamseng:

Hi Taz,

Thanks! Yes it looks like an Elmark, saw it in their website. Am glad that you have good comments about it!

They have more colours now, even matt and glossy black! I'll decide when i'm doing material selection with my ID, to see which colour goes best with the overall decor. I'm going to get 4 fans - living room, MBR, study and balcony - but probably in different colours and designs.

Would it be better to get from Elmark directly, so that they can get their guys to install? if you buy it from retailers, who does installation? I understand from forummers that ceiling fans need to be balanced properly.

Other brands like Fanco and Amasco also have similar designs but the prices vary quite a bit. Elmark is the cheapest so far. :)

I'm getting 3 for my new house also - 1 in MBR, 1 in living room and 1 in my study room.

Will probably get Elmark for my living room even though my electrician said it will look like coffee shop.

I choose this because I want the fan to be as high as possible...

As for my other rooms, I should be buying KDK baby ceiling fan series. $155-$160 without installation.

My electrician said that it will be better if we get the "experts" to install them because they can do proper balancing. A well-balanced fan will generated less noise. For those with lights, it is more important because you don't want your light to swing. Just check with the shop selling the fan to you, they probably can recommend one for you. Installing 1 fan should be around $35-$40.