Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
redbottle

Elmark Ceiling Fan Users: Please Share Ur Experience

I've been searching for Fanco's website, but no sucess. Does anyone know its url? Thanks.

We want to have a ceiling fan for each room. For HDB, it only has one power point for lighting. We have to find a ceiling fane w lights. So far, Amasco's Empire is the best option we can find.

ceilingfanemb1.th.jpg

It can use energy saving light bulbs and bright enough. The blades are 58''. It's nice for living, but too big for bedrooms.

The Twister is nice for bedrooms, but with lights, it doesn't look good.

ceilingfane2ry7.th.jpg

Can anyone share your experience of how to handle the lighting issue whiling have a ceciling without lights?

Thank you.

Edited by GTeton

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I've been searching for Fanco's website, but no sucess. Does anyone know its url? Thanks.

We want to have a ceiling fan for each room. For HDB, it only has one power point for lighting. We have to find a ceiling fane w lights. So far, Amasco's Empire is the best option we can find.

ceilingfanemb1.th.jpg

It can use energy saving light bulbs and bright enough. The blades are 58''. It's nice for living, but too big for bedrooms.

The Twister is nice for bedrooms, but with lights, it doesn't look good.

ceilingfane2ry7.th.jpg

Can anyone share your experience of how to handle the lighting issue whiling have a ceciling without lights?

Thank you.

We were having this problem too. Ours is worse because all the wires are concealed. I don't like those with lights... feel so close to me even though i'm not that tall... So, we end up getting our electrician to split the light point into 2 around 1.5 metre apart.

We were having this problem too. Ours is worse because all the wires are concealed. I don't like those with lights... feel so close to me even though i'm not that tall... So, we end up getting our electrician to split the light point into 2 around 1.5 metre apart.

Thanks for sharing what you've done. Mine is the same. The wires are concealed. No electrician would split the light point and conceal the wires for us. It's against HDB rules.

Edited by GTeton

or you might want to consider the fanco aroma

pix of the fan in my room - http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?au...;showentry=3241

comes with remote at $260

when you on the switch the light will come on but the fan can only be switched on with the remote :yamseng:

Hi Applefreak,

sorry to post on this thread as I've posted new thread but without replies.

I've just got my flat. Also have the concealed wires problem.

My wife wanted all rooms to have ceiling fan and thus we intend to buy all 5 ceiling fans with lights.

Thus our whole house rely solely on the lights of the fan.

So far we've only shortlist 2 fan which is fanco aroma and amasco empire.

May I know so far whether you've any problem with your fanco aroma?

We like this fan but its lighting kit smaller than the amasco empire.

Many retailers warn us on this fan saying its cheaper becos copy design from amasco and is from china.

Then also warn that it cannot use higher wattage energy saving bulbs becos its lighting area smaller compare to amasco.

we've in particular worried on its brightness.

Can you share with us your experience?

Thanks

We have bought 2 Elmark fans and after 1 year both the sensor broke down. It was very frustrating dealing with the Cust Svc from Elmark as they are notorious for not following up with your requests. Just to get their repair guy to my place I have to make 5 phone calls. And on top of that it is also very expensive for just changing the sensor and they make me pay for the remote control too. Sigh.. and now my 2nd fan also breaking down due to the sensor.. and till now am feeling helpless with their extremely bad service.

Hi, I am also finding ceiling fan.. with light mounted? HAve anyone heard of REGA??? kdk's ceiling fan okie cos the rega sales ppl say kdk more famous on their wall and stand fan.,

My experience with Rega is absolutely bad, newly installed fans made a lot of noise even after changing new motor twice, was told that motor came from USA but apparently its a made in China motor, in conclusion, Rega sales and tactics are really sh*t, beware guys, need more info let me know.

I just got 3 elmarks 52" with 3 lights and 1 fanco 56" with 5 lights at 1200 with install, all without remotes and the acrylic blades type.

is it worth it or not?

Terrible experience with Elmark fans. Bought one and within a week had to change the entire fan once and the motor device the second time. After one year, the low speed became super low speed. So since the warranty is only for a year, this meant that changing the device would cost. To me, KDK fans, all types wall or ceiling, is the best. Pay more, its okay bec its trusted

not to break down and is very durable.

Can't believe Elmark continue to call themselves King of Fans........... :o

I just got 3 elmarks 52" with 3 lights and 1 fanco 56" with 5 lights at 1200 with install, all without remotes and the acrylic blades type.

is it worth it or not?

I have one Elmark ceiling fan which is very slow. I emailed them but no reply... I called them and nearly vomit blood. The customer servc was giggling the way throughout the phone call and obviously not paying attention to me.

Arghh... is there any way to reach out to the management or sales instead of the customer service?

Terrible experience with Elmark fans. Bought one and within a week had to change the entire fan once and the motor device the second time. After one year, the low speed became super low speed. So since the warranty is only for a year, this meant that changing the device would cost. To me, KDK fans, all types wall or ceiling, is the best. Pay more, its okay bec its trusted

not to break down and is very durable.

Can't believe Elmark continue to call themselves King of Fans........... :o

i have the same experienced with Elmarks. Very disappointing. Bought 4 Elmarks model AC4054 come wit light kit last year and 3 broke down just after 1 year warranty. 1st fan - the sensor spoilt, then not long after that 2nd fan - capacitor/transmitter spoilt and now the 3rd fan - remote not working.. *arghhh* called them, if change remote, sensor n transmitter will cost $95 havent include labour fees! :(

seriously thinking to change to KDK - any advise if KDK baby fan got such issue?? :unsure: