Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Natasha

Cooking Wok

I don't have any but intend to buy a Le Creuset 9" Skillet from the Isetan private sales this Thursday for $53 after 10% discount on sales item (sale price is $59, original price is $100++). But it is not be the best, STAUB is on par if not better.

Thanks, myle for bringing up STAUB. Definitely worth checking out. I am in the market for a new wok actually ... so it'll be fun checking out some of these enamelled cast iron woks.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Thanks, myle for bringing up STAUB. Definitely worth checking out. I am in the market for a new wok actually ... so it'll be fun checking out some of these enamelled cast iron woks.

Hi Chunky Monkey,

I don't know u r looking for a wok actually. STAUB and Le Cre do carry enamelled cast iron wok but but...it is damx heavy and expensive. u can try to carry it and see the price tag in isetan, tangs or takashimaya n c whether it suites u or not. Wok I'll prefer carbon steel those get from kitchenware retail shop. the result is still fantastic although don looks good :P

By the way, STAUB is more expensive than Le Creu, but STAUB is used by famous chef around the world and supported by many hotel restaurants. I can see chef use STAUB to cook in USA (see in open concept counter for buffet) and also STAUB cookware display in The Line@shangrila. I read somewhere that Le Creu is mainly for consumer maraket but STAUB is mainly for hotel environment

Edited by myle

wa.. so chim.. thanks for all the info.. last mth i tot of gg to OG get the teflon set.. cos got the stamps for 40% off.. but seems like teflon isn't a v good choice.. mm.. :dunno:

wa.. so chim.. thanks for all the info.. last mth i tot of gg to OG get the teflon set.. cos got the stamps for 40% off.. but seems like teflon isn't a v good choice.. mm.. :dunno:

If the teflon coating peels off and u consumes it, it will increase ur chances to get cancer. You still can buy it but must throw n buy new one if u find the coating start to peel off. Use as buy n throw kind.

actually teflon can't be used to do asian stir-fry coz the high heat involved will cause the coating to release toxic substance into the food

tried and tested, and teflon is banned in US liao

just don't understand why it's still allowed in singapore :dunno::D

actually teflon can't be used to do asian stir-fry coz the high heat involved will cause the coating to release toxic substance into the food

tried and tested, and teflon is banned in US liao

just don't understand why it's still allowed in singapore :sport-smiley-003::dancingqueen:

aiyo.. heng ah hvn't buy yet..