Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
autumn23

Maintainence Of Painted Walls

Does anyone have solutions for wiping away stains? Really frustrated that our ID nv highlighted to us about the cons of having water-based paint. :(

Most interior wall paints are water based. Oil based are meant for exterior use, and will have a slight sheen to it. the premium stuff which is washable all have some sheen to it. What some ppl like to use is oil based sealer.

Stains can easily remove with green wool + CIF. The issue I think is how to avoid stains.. which... unless is washable paint.. will be common.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Most interior wall paints are water based. Oil based are meant for exterior use, and will have a slight sheen to it. the premium stuff which is washable all have some sheen to it. What some ppl like to use is oil based sealer.

Stains can easily remove with green wool + CIF. The issue I think is how to avoid stains.. which... unless is washable paint.. will be common.

Thanks for the suggestion... But will the green wool + CIF 'eat' the paint? Cos when I use wet cloth to wipe away stains, there will be patches on it and its worse when I apply more strength; the paint comes off. Is this something to do with the brand of paint or all water based paint are like that? :unsure:

Edited by kueh

My home using ICI dulux "All".. painted 3 yrs ago.. wipe also colour come off. Lucky for me.. light coloured walls, so can't really tell after a while.

Green wool is to be used lightly.. let the CIF loosen the dirt, and then use the green wool to "rub" it out. Me think of it like an eraser, not a scrubber.