Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
nochance

Mustafa Sony Lcd Tv Salesman's Bad Etiquette?

I'm posting this to share my experience and lesson learn from shopping for LCD TV is Mustafa. I was there with my wife two Mondays ago to shop for Samsung LCD TV. We happen to pass by their Sony counter and this fat sales person approach us and start selling the good points of Sony to us and tell us to go for Sony instead. At 1st we will impressed by his selling skills and consider switching to Sony. But my wife prefers the design of Samsung, so we decided to stick to our initial choice.

When this fellow hear that, he immediately tell us that we should wait for the promo that is happening next week for Samsung LCD and we can get a better offer. So we thank him and went back.

The next week when we are there again asking bout the new promo, this fat sales person just give me a blank look and says: "Oh... the samsung promo?? Oh it has been postpone due to certain reasons... U really don't want to consider Sony?? Sony is better than Samsung. See those Samsung boxes there? Those are spoilt sets waiting for repair. Do you want a LCD TV that is so bad quality? "

I'm fuming mad :P:) I felt i was cheated by this sales guy. We decided not to buy from this Sony guy after this experience and we just went away. :bangwall:

I know Mustafa is having great prices for their LCD. But good service and good Etiquette is also an important factor to contribute to a "money worthwhile" deal. Don't you all agree?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Mustafa not necessary has the greatest price for LCD tv.. Have u tried those neighbourhood shops like Hong Liang, Kong Tai... etc ?

BTW, Sony year end sales is round the corner, be sure to check out on the freebies b4 buying from the any of the shops.

Edited by andylyf

never take a salesman's word seriously lah(especially electronics)...they can cook up more stories than hollywood scriptwriters.

Mustafa not necessary has the greatest price for LCD tv.. Have u tried those neighbourhood shops like Hong Liang, Kong Tai... etc ?

BTW, Sony year end sales is round the corner, be sure to check out on the freebies b4 buying from the any of the shops.

True Mustafa is not the cheapest in town, if u are not opting for installment u may consider those neighbourhood shop as mention above they do offer a better price.

Do more homework b4 u buy the LCD, u can ignored the salesman talk jus use ur eye to see which model suit ur living rm best.

I need to buy by installment and i can only use Stand Chart. Only Harvey Norman n Mustafa accept this card from what i know. Anyone knows other shops which accept Stand Chart?

Mustafa is offering r81bx 40" at 2799. Is that cheap?

I need to buy by installment and i can only use Stand Chart. Only Harvey Norman n Mustafa accept this card from what i know. Anyone knows other shops which accept Stand Chart?

Mustafa is offering r81bx 40" at 2799. Is that cheap?

The so called fat guy you mentioned may be a "Sales Promoter" of Sony, not a Mustafa salesperson. Be aware, Mustafa salespersons will not push you to go for a particular brand. They'll help you if you ask any questions. As someone mentioned, don't expect a great sales service at Mustafa (like Robinsons, where everytime I go, I admire their service). I also got cheated by a Mitsubishi Sales Promoter at Mustafa to go for Mitsubishi fridge. I actually decided to go for Mitsubishi fridge, but later found Panasonic was equally attractive. When I was abt to go for Panasonic, I got misguided by that stupid promoter lady. Still grumbling :bleah::notti::lol::bleah:

If you feel the approach of the Sony Guy is not acceptable, Call mustafa sales manager responsible for electronics section and complain about it. I complained, complained and complained and brought my case upto Mitsubishi office.

Abt 10 days before when I went to Mustafa, I found Samsung LCD TV promotion was ongoing - 32" LCD comes with a Free HT system Or Voucher Or something else (forgot). Finalise your model by visiting a few shops, make up your mind, then straitaway go to Mustafa and pick the set.

Edited by MeToo

I just bought my 42" LCD TV from Mustafa yesterday. The sales guy from Mustafa is very pleasant and nice. :unsure: He even made some small talk with me AFTER the purchase was made. For most salesmen, after sale is made, bye bye!

we bought samsung 37" R81 on friday... aftersales was poor, i asked to change my brackets ETA one day later end up both tv and bracket ETA they schedule the very day i told them NOT to deliver...