Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
noelng

Hello To All Jurong West St93 Neighbours

ckoonyin,

B) Water Heater (storage better or those "instant" one better ?)

Will you be using Citygas? If so they are giving a Free Gas Water Heater with new applications. :P

F) Oven

G) Lightings

H) Kids bedroom set

I) Queen size Mattress and bed

Actually depends on your budget. For e.g., for mattress you wan cheap can get under $500, u wan ex also can get above 3k. If you looking for Simmons, i can share with u the sales guy whom served me.

B) I prefer electricity one leh...gas one I kinda scared it will explode haha

I) Please share the lobang for mattress.... ppl from this forum says Simmons not bad. Got back problem so thinking of getting good mattress this time. How much you spent on bed and mattress ?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
ckoonyin,

B) I prefer electricity one leh...gas one I kinda scared it will explode haha

I) Please share the lobang for mattress.... ppl from this forum says Simmons not bad. Got back problem so thinking of getting good mattress this time. How much you spent on bed and mattress ?

haha!:good:! :unsure:

i too have the same conerns also.......but hor...free one leh.......plus it is much cheaper to run then electricity. But the piping will cost more than if u install a instant water heater but comparable if u install a storage heater.

What do u all think?

There is a another thread on the same topic http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?sh...ic=8366&st=

As for the Simmon bed, i got my Simmons Lakeview Plush Queen with Astro Bed Frame for around 3k plus.

My sales guy was Jim Loh from Ackerman. According to him, he is usually stationed @ roadshows and exhibition. Quite a nice chap, will listen and understand your sleep problems and budget before introducing the mattress to you.

Unfortunately i do not have his number but i believe calling up ackerman @ 64833656 would be helpful.

ckoonyin,

not only I scared gas one will explode, I will also worry about gas leakage.... scary sia. I prefer to spend a little bit on electricity so that I don't need to worry so much. I read through the link you provided but also cannot make up my mind for instant or storage.

Thanks for the contact, will call ackerman.

Hi ppl,

A little update - last night just sign the dotted line with ID. Now my heart "seven up eight down" hope everything goes well.

Suddently realise quite a fair bit of things need to buy. Any suggestions for the below (brand and place to buy) ?

A) Toilet accessories (Hoe Kee price ok or not, thinking going IMM tmr)

B) Water Heater (storage better or those "instant" one better ?)

C) TV and washing machine

D) Sofa & coffee table

E) Hood and hob

F) Oven

G) Lightings

H) Kids bedroom set

I) Queen size Mattress and bed

Omg.... list getting longer than I expected. Shang nao jing.

hihi everyone ~

weixiaobao - y yr HLE approve amt so low when u actually earning 5k plus. Dun think with car loan or what will affect the loan lei. Cos my bf also gt car loan but still we managed to have $300k plus of loan approve lei. Or maybe they based on how long u had been with the company or how long u had been wrkg so as to determine the loan amt? Hope u managed to appeal ok. keep us update!

amoyz / ckoonyin - haha after reading yr posts, i nw also scare it will explode. lolx. probably i will find out more info from citygas abt the leakage thing and keep u all update. amoyz, maybe u wanna consider the brands for the following items:-

B) Water Heater (i prefer storage.)

C) TV and washing machine (tv either samsung or sony. now tv quite cheap and got very gd deals. take yr time ba since technology thing move very fast one. so get it only at the very last item. washine machine prefer samsung the silver nano. Pricing ok lei)

D) Sofa & coffee table (sofa i prefer Pickle & Rail, coffee table ermmm nothing in particular as long as cheap and nice lolx. )

E) Hood and hob (take alook at franke, teka, meyer ba. i got friend who can help to get some discount as these are her suppliers and she knows the bosses. Let me know k)

F) Oven (no idea lei cos me no intention in getting one)

G) Lightings (dunno what brand lei. but know u can try out lighting house. )

H) Kids bedroom set (no kids lei..so din research)

I) Queen size Mattress and bed (simmons ba. if u wan super luxury then try serta ba. this serta bed really solid. take a look at this site : www.serta.com (dunno got .sg anot u try)

hihi everyone ~

weixiaobao - y yr HLE approve amt so low when u actually earning 5k plus. Dun think with car loan or what will affect the loan lei. Cos my bf also gt car loan but still we managed to have $300k plus of loan approve lei. Or maybe they based on how long u had been with the company or how long u had been wrkg so as to determine the loan amt? Hope u managed to appeal ok. keep us update!

amoyz / ckoonyin - haha after reading yr posts, i nw also scare it will explode. lolx. probably i will find out more info from citygas abt the leakage thing and keep u all update. amoyz, maybe u wanna consider the brands for the following items:-

B) Water Heater (i prefer storage.)

C) TV and washing machine (tv either samsung or sony. now tv quite cheap and got very gd deals. take yr time ba since technology thing move very fast one. so get it only at the very last item. washine machine prefer samsung the silver nano. Pricing ok lei)

D) Sofa & coffee table (sofa i prefer Pickle & Rail, coffee table ermmm nothing in particular as long as cheap and nice lolx. )

E) Hood and hob (take alook at franke, teka, meyer ba. i got friend who can help to get some discount as these are her suppliers and she knows the bosses. Let me know k)

F) Oven (no idea lei cos me no intention in getting one)

G) Lightings (dunno what brand lei. but know u can try out lighting house. )

H) Kids bedroom set (no kids lei..so din research)

I) Queen size Mattress and bed (simmons ba. if u wan super luxury then try serta ba. this serta bed really solid. take a look at this site : www.serta.com (dunno got .sg anot u try)

ya cause from what i know, there is actually a flame inside that is heating up the water coils.

Question, if a gust of wind blows off the flame, den how? Gas leakage right? There have been reports in HK and other countries of gas poisoning of the same problem. :unsure:

Plus i think for many of us, it will be installed in the kitchen so ventilation will be very important.

But since it is free, was thinking to install it for the main bathroom and a electric water heater for the MBR.

What do u all think?

ya cause from what i know, there is actually a flame inside that is heating up the water coils.

Question, if a gust of wind blows off the flame, den how? Gas leakage right? There have been reports in HK and other countries of gas poisoning of the same problem. :P

Plus i think for many of us, it will be installed in the kitchen so ventilation will be very important.

But since it is free, was thinking to install it for the main bathroom and a electric water heater for the MBR.

What do u all think?

I was on the verge of installing the gas water heater last week. The citygas people was already at my house to install the piping and heater. But in the end, I decided not to install the gas water heater. There are a few things which I've considered:

Cost of piping: have to run pipes to kichen toilet and also to MBR toilet which cost a few hundred dollars. some people also mention the installation of switch at MBR cuz by default, there's only one switch at kitchen. So when you want to bathe in MBR, have to go Kitchen switch on heater which can be quite troublesome. Installing another switch means additional cost.

Hard to revese: It's easier to switch from electric to gas but not the other way round becasue of the piping.

Cost saving: Have read a few articles and noted that although gas is cheaper, the efficiency of current gas heater (abt 80%) is no way near electrical heater(>95%). i.e. more energy is needed to generate same temperature. Hence, cost saving is somewhat reduced.

High risk: The thing that really sets my mind on getting electrical heater instead is like what others mentioned - risk of gas leakages and explosion. While browsing for article on comparison btw elec and gas heater, I came across many articles about gas leakages and explosion due to use of gas heater. I got quite worried. There are posts in this forum which mention frequent smell of gas after installing citigas heater. To me, safety is of utmost importance. Would rather spend more to get a safe home then to scrimp on this kind of expenses.

Hi ppl,

A little update - last night just sign the dotted line with ID. Now my heart "seven up eight down" hope everything goes well.

Suddently realise quite a fair bit of things need to buy. Any suggestions for the below (brand and place to buy) ?

A) Toilet accessories

B) Water Heater (from forum posts, seems that 707 instant heater not bad)

C) TV and washing machine (heard sanyo washing machine not bad)

D) Sofa & coffee table

E) Hood and hob (get those with 2 cooker, at most 3. 4 is useless cuz you wun be able to use 4 at the same time and dangerous because chances are your wok will protrude out since the cooker flame will be near the edge.

F) Oven (saw this microwave oven in Courts. comes with convection also. so can microwave and can also bake. And super nice looking. Only selling at $299!!)

G) Lightings

H) Kids bedroom set

I) Queen size Mattress and bed (Mattress have to try for urself. Different ppl different preference. Expensive doesn't mean good. Get the one you feel comfortable sleeping on and which doesnt go out of shape and no need to keep flipping one)

Omg.... list getting longer than I expected. Shang nao jing.

Question, if a gust of wind blows off the flame, den how? Gas leakage right? There have been reports in HK and other countries of gas poisoning of the same problem. :jawdrop:

What do u all think?

Yoh !

Missy, all lobang are welcome coz I am on tight budget lol. I go check out which model of hob&hood I want at IMM tmr then let you know k.

ckoonyin,

the more we discuss, the more I am sure I WANT electric heater haha... dont want to be roast pig for nothing.

Check out hoekee website got offer for hob & hood but the brand never see before. I am checking out the rest of the item now. Oh ya, I left out I also need to buy sink.

http://www.hoekee.com/fujiohOffer.shtml :P

Sigh...so busy ! Should do research earlier now like everything in a rush.

B) Water Heater (storage better or those "instant" one better ? Electric)

C) TV and washing machine (LCD, Samsung or Panasonic ? LCD TV mount or not ? I got feature wall)

D) Sofa & coffee table (KIV not so impt now)

E) Hood and hob (???)

F) Oven (??? maybe don't need but good to have want to try baking next year wahaha new yr resolution)

G) Lightings (chk out the shops at Balestier area ba)

H) Kids bedroom set (maybe check IKEA some say their theme not bad)

I) Queen size Mattress and bed (Simmons, check out Ackerman this wkend)

noelng, can remember the oven brand and model or not ? $299 cheap leh...

spinball, when I open my door, here's what my mom did (don't ask me why, I just let her do whatever she want lolx).

1) Go to everycorner of the house, throw some mixture of salt & rice (this is suppose to remove the "muddy air" and moisture)

2) Must buy pineapple to bring in (suppose to bring in fortune "wang lai" ma understand ?)

3) 5 oranges put in the middle of the living area (guess it symbol "gold" ?)

haha.... only chinese will do such things ! However, no prayer is performed as we are not really into these things.

noelng, can remember the oven brand and model or not ? $299 cheap leh...

spinball, when I open my door, here's what my mom did (don't ask me why, I just let her do whatever she want lolx).

1) Go to everycorner of the house, throw some mixture of salt & rice (this is suppose to remove the "muddy air" and moisture)

2) Must buy pineapple to bring in (suppose to bring in fortune "wang lai" ma understand ?)

3) 5 oranges put in the middle of the living area (guess it symbol "gold" ?)

haha.... only chinese will do such things ! However, no prayer is performed as we are not really into these things.

lolx. ya i think the procedure is something like what amoyz had mentioned. but i tot letting the pineapple roll is only when u able to move in? lolx i dunno just heard from my friend before they move in then they roll the pineapple. i am getting FS master to do everything for me. so i see what he do first then tell u all. lolx.

eh i think still got like when the homeowners go inside, the pocket must be full of coins den must throw everywhere, cook dessert and also put charcoal.

but was thinking hor, using the Kam Bong Yan to smoke out all the creepy crawlies leh

Hey missysg, so when you intend to open your door for the first time??

lolx. ya i think the procedure is something like what amoyz had mentioned. but i tot letting the pineapple roll is only when u able to move in? lolx i dunno just heard from my friend before they move in then they roll the pineapple. i am getting FS master to do everything for me. so i see what he do first then tell u all. lolx.

Hey missysg, so when you intend to open your door for the first time??

dunno lei. just sign the package with the FS master. so now pending for him to revert if monday is an auspicious date to open the door.

dunno lei. just sign the package with the FS master. so now pending for him to revert if monday is an auspicious date to open the door.

then your reno also base on FS master advise huh ?

then your reno also base on FS master advise huh ?

ya lor. but tot of if ppl here also interested. maybe can have discount. i saw in another forum..they engage this FS master for Sangkang grp and the master is giving discount of $120 lei. Anyone interested anot?