Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
noelng

Hello To All Jurong West St93 Neighbours

Dear neighbours,

I have intention to install web-cam at new flat to monitor the maid coz day time no ppl at home. Any good recommendation ?

Thx

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Dear neighbours,

I have intention to install web-cam at new flat to monitor the maid coz day time no ppl at home. Any good recommendation ?

Thx

hi amoyz ~ yes u can do that if u wan. but the thing is not cheap lor. i know adt got the monitor system maybe u wanna contact leah from adt to provide u wif more info. her contact is in my previos post.

ckoonyin ~ huh yr gate kenna ppl scribble wor. thats bad. aiya y ppl like that one. we living in one neighbour should learn to care and share ma.

wow so many nice food nearby our area wor. lolx,drooling... just collected my a bunch of keys (24keys in total) from hdb. lots of docs to sign wor. so happy yet cannot go open my door yet..got to wait till wed.

Hi, this is the guide from my FS master on how we should go abt doing for the initial door opening. So post here to share with all of u. Hope is useful.

Open House Ritual 开屋仪式

Things to bring on Opening House Day:

A Pineapple with leaves on top of the tip

A small packet of Rice (uncooked)

A bit of salt (half of those small packets)

A packet of normal Chinese tea leaves

A new plastic bowl (Red colour) Rice bowl size and easy to use to mix above items.

A Huat Kueh 发糕

5 Red apples

5 Oranges

1 bunch of Bananas (best to select even numbers)

A packet of sweets

Instructions:

Open your door at the auspicious hour of the day.

Mix the small packet of rice with the Chinese tea leaves and salt at home and place it in a plastic bag. When you reached your new house, put all the mixed salt, rice and tea leaves in a new Red plastic bowl. As you open the door at the auspicious timing, take a handful of the mixed rice, salt, tea leaves and throw it into your house three times before you step in. As you throw the rice, you shout out "Huat ah, Huat ah, Huat ah"

Remember, as you or your spouse steps in for the first time after throwing the rice 3 times from outside the main door (for female right leg enter first, for male left leg enter first)

Then your partner can place the pineapple on the floor starting from the main door and start to roll the pineapple into the house and say "Ong Ong Lai Lai" “旺旺来来”Roll it all over the place and place it at a corner of the living room. Keep it there for a few days, until the pineapple has juice coming out, then you dispose it.

As your partner roll the pineapple, you will continue to throw the remaining rice and tea leaves at all corners of your house. Open all the windows and leave the house (Don't forget to lock the door). Come back after an hour or two. (Purpose is to clear the stale air). If you don’t have the time, at least you open all the windows before you continue to throw the remaining rice in the house.

Place the Huat Kueh, 5 Red apples, oranges, bananas and packet of sweets at the kitchen. Remember to bring home to eat when you leave. The Huat Kueh symbolizes “Huat”, the apples symbolize Peace and the sweets symbolize Sweet Future. You can leave the rice, salt, leaves on the floor; the renovation contractors will clear it when they start renovation.

hi amoyz ~ yes u can do that if u wan. but the thing is not cheap lor. i know adt got the monitor system maybe u wanna contact leah from adt to provide u wif more info. her contact is in my previos post.

ckoonyin ~ huh yr gate kenna ppl scribble wor. thats bad. aiya y ppl like that one. we living in one neighbour should learn to care and share ma.

wow so many nice food nearby our area wor. lolx,drooling... just collected my a bunch of keys (24keys in total) from hdb. lots of docs to sign wor. so happy yet cannot go open my door yet..got to wait till wed.

Hi, this is the guide from my FS master on how we should go abt doing for the initial door opening. So post here to share with all of u. Hope is useful.

Open House Ritual 开屋仪式

Things to bring on Opening House Day:

A Pineapple with leaves on top of the tip

A small packet of Rice (uncooked)

A bit of salt (half of those small packets)

A packet of normal Chinese tea leaves

A new plastic bowl (Red colour) Rice bowl size and easy to use to mix above items.

A Huat Kueh 发糕

5 Red apples

5 Oranges

1 bunch of Bananas (best to select even numbers)

A packet of sweets

Instructions:

Open your door at the auspicious hour of the day.

Mix the small packet of rice with the Chinese tea leaves and salt at home and place it in a plastic bag. When you reached your new house, put all the mixed salt, rice and tea leaves in a new Red plastic bowl. As you open the door at the auspicious timing, take a handful of the mixed rice, salt, tea leaves and throw it into your house three times before you step in. As you throw the rice, you shout out "Huat ah, Huat ah, Huat ah"

Remember, as you or your spouse steps in for the first time after throwing the rice 3 times from outside the main door (for female right leg enter first, for male left leg enter first)

Then your partner can place the pineapple on the floor starting from the main door and start to roll the pineapple into the house and say "Ong Ong Lai Lai" “旺旺来来”Roll it all over the place and place it at a corner of the living room. Keep it there for a few days, until the pineapple has juice coming out, then you dispose it.

As your partner roll the pineapple, you will continue to throw the remaining rice and tea leaves at all corners of your house. Open all the windows and leave the house (Don't forget to lock the door). Come back after an hour or two. (Purpose is to clear the stale air). If you don’t have the time, at least you open all the windows before you continue to throw the remaining rice in the house.

Place the Huat Kueh, 5 Red apples, oranges, bananas and packet of sweets at the kitchen. Remember to bring home to eat when you leave. The Huat Kueh symbolizes “Huat”, the apples symbolize Peace and the sweets symbolize Sweet Future. You can leave the rice, salt, leaves on the floor; the renovation contractors will clear it when they start renovation.

no no, the door gena scribble one is aforahma.........not me not me :sport-smiley-003:

you see wrongly liao

aforahma, sorry to hear that......but are u able to get it off? i heard worst come to worst use acetone should be ok de

Edited by ckoonyin

missysg,

check out this, its FREE ! Use only webcam.

http://www.homecamera.com/web/Home.do

REALLYYY!:dunno:?? droolll~~ feeling so hungry now.

sad leh yesterday went back to check flat, realised my gate kanna vandalised by ppl's scribble.

T_T

aforahma,

so sorry to know that, we same block leh... why got such ppl around, so bad one. Can remove or not ?

hey amoyz ~ the site is free wor. already sign up liao. aiya now i abit regret i sign up ADT lei. how huh

does this free service serve your needs ?

you try with current house first see how lo... free ma, try first then decide ADT want to cancel or not la.

I never use this homecamera before so I cannot comment.

Reason to post the link here is to see anyone use and got any comment or not.

Btw if cancel with ADT got charges or not ?

you try with current house first see how lo... free ma, try first then decide ADT want to cancel or not la.

my contract with them is 3 yrs. think is ok i will continued with ADT since both operates differently.

thanks wor.

can install the web cam and supervise my contractor work. lolx

If I'm not wrong. That homecamera requires you to have a Computer connected to Internet and it must be switched on as long as you wish to view the video online. Am I right?

Edited by spinball

If I'm not wrong. That homecamera requires you to have a Computer connected to Internet and it must be switched on as long as you wish to view the video online. Am I right?

yes, from the website this should be correct. Any comment ?

hmm... hehe... no comments now... will try later when I'm back home...

For me... I'm not very comfortable leaving my laptop or desktop switched on and online for 24x7... :dunno:

yes, from the website this should be correct. Any comment ?

hmm... hehe... no comments now... will try later when I'm back home...

For me... I'm not very comfortable leaving my laptop or desktop switched on and online for 24x7... :dancingqueen:

aiya to me it's bo bian... Also, thinking putting dummy webcam hehe.

Let me know after you try k.

Hmm... think there are some security systems that do not need computer to be switched on for 24hrs one.... anyone knows anything on that?

Don't really like ADT or Certis CISCO coz it's quite expensive for the monthly fees...

hehe... where u want to place yr dummy webcam? :dancingqueen:

aiya to me it's bo bian... Also, thinking putting dummy webcam hehe.

Let me know after you try k.

Hmm... think there are some security systems that do not need computer to be switched on for 24hrs one.... anyone knows anything on that?

Don't really like ADT or Certis CISCO coz it's quite expensive for the monthly fees...

hehe... where u want to place yr dummy webcam? :dancingqueen:

toilet heehee... no la at strategic location of coz.

Living room & baby room shld be actual cam, maybe kitchen dummy ?

no no, the door gena scribble one is aforahma.........not me not me :D

you see wrongly liao

aforahma, sorry to hear that......but are u able to get it off? i heard worst come to worst use acetone should be ok de

Should be some kids did that lor.. it was on the gate luckily. Guess we will just repaint the gate after everything is done. :dancingqueen:

Probably I will buy a dummy camera to put at front door, print a cisco system sticker and paste beside my gate, get a reasonably good lock and then sign up for a home insurance. For home insurance, does anyone has any reccomendation?

toilet heehee... no la at strategic location of coz.

Living room & baby room shld be actual cam, maybe kitchen dummy ?