Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
noelng

Hello To All Jurong West St93 Neighbours

ya lor... $80 just for the extension of pipe if u are using City Gas.....

hehe... let me go home and look at my bill first... already paid twice liao.... :notti:

my 1st bill $191.11

$100 - deposit

$80 - installation of gas pipes (so ex 1 meh??)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi all,

Thnk maybe i'm the newest kid on this block... hahha..

Am moving into 989B with my family (parents + siblings).

Have some specific issues with the windows, gate n wooden skirting in the house now - have already written in the defects lor... but no one changed yet leh.. really must follow-up till death isit? ><

And also, all these defects should be corrected before the reno starts? Or ok if in the midst of reno?

Just something to share : currently am using a numeric lock with bike chain (with rubber casing) on my gate - so that I can change the lock code frequently. Can also manage the flow of traffic cos I know which contractor got the code at any one time mah.. if anything lost, i think at least know where to start lor. Anyone got any ideas on managing contractor flow? Esp when more things are added to the house prior move-in. Heard from my mum there got pple kenah things stolen lor... :notti:

Hi qaraj,

Welcome to the neighbourhood!! :notti:

When did you submit the defect list? Have they conducted a joint inspection with you?

They only start work few days after you have submitted the list and went thru the list of defects with you at your new house....

Good to follow up closely with our BSC.... if not, they will do things slowly...

Hi all,

Have some specific issues with the windows, gate n wooden skirting in the house now - have already written in the defects lor... but no one changed yet leh.. really must follow-up till death isit? ><

And also, all these defects should be corrected before the reno starts? Or ok if in the midst of reno?

Just something to share : currently am using a numeric lock with bike chain (with rubber casing) on my gate - so that I can change the lock code frequently. Can also manage the flow of traffic cos I know which contractor got the code at any one time mah.. if anything lost, i think at least know where to start lor. Anyone got any ideas on managing contractor flow? Esp when more things are added to the house prior move-in. Heard from my mum there got pple kenah things stolen lor... :bow:

Hi qaraj,

Welcome to the neighbourhood!! :notti:

When did you submit the defect list? Have they conducted a joint inspection with you?

They only start work few days after you have submitted the list and went thru the list of defects with you at your new house....

Good to follow up closely with our BSC.... if not, they will do things slowly...

Huh?! Wat joint inspection?? :P aiyo... i must follow-up lor.. Haiz.. Will update also.

Btw, if you guys wanna get any more lights hor.. JB got a few, particularly 1 in Pelangi is v v good.. I only spent about S$400 for whole house leh.. left 2 lights for my bedroom n dining area lor. :bow: I quite satisfied with myself. :bow: kekeke.... pm me if you need the contact.

Lights purchased :

- Downlights - 7 pcs, Square with glass cover & silver rim (without bulbs, needing to source in Sing - warm, 18W) - RM26 per pc

- Living Room - 1 Rattan Ball Light (medium) + Warm energy-saving bulb (RM 100)

- Living Room - 1x4-pc acrylic glass cover (square frost white) with daylight bulbs (RM200+)

- Dining Area - still sourcing for nice hang lights (maybe Ikea)

- BR lights - 2xHamburger type (round plastic cover-large, with round tube) (RM60 each)

- MBR - still sourcing for warm hang down light.

- Kitchen - 2xsmall hamburger type (round plastic cover, with round tube) (RM48 each)

- Storeroom - just getting a bulb.

- Toilet - 2xplastic ball cover daylight bulb (small) (RM23 each)

- Flourescent tubes - 3x4ft + 3x2ft (for false ceiling) (RM14 each)

- Door bell (simple ding-dong) (RM50)

:P

It means.... the BSC will arrange one day go "visit" yr new house and go thru the submitted defects with you... :bow:

Huh?! Wat joint inspection?? :P aiyo... i must follow-up lor.. Haiz.. Will update also.

Btw, if you guys wanna get any more lights hor.. JB got a few, particularly 1 in Pelangi is v v good.. I only spent about S$400 for whole house leh.. left 2 lights for my bedroom n dining area lor. :bow: I quite satisfied with myself. :notti: kekeke.... pm me if you need the contact.

Lights purchased :

- Downlights - 7 pcs, Square with glass cover & silver rim (without bulbs, needing to source in Sing - warm, 18W) - RM26 per pc

- Living Room - 1x4-pc acrylic glass cover (square frost white) with daylight bulbs (RM200+)

- BR lights - 2xHamburger type (round plastic cover-large, with round tube) (RM60 each)

- Kitchen - 2xsmall hamburger type (round plastic cover, with round tube) (RM48 each)

Huh?! Wat joint inspection?? :D aiyo... i must follow-up lor.. Haiz.. Will update also.

Btw, if you guys wanna get any more lights hor.. JB got a few, particularly 1 in Pelangi is v v good.. I only spent about S$400 for whole house leh.. left 2 lights for my bedroom n dining area lor. :rofl: I quite satisfied with myself. :rofl: kekeke.... pm me if you need the contact.

Lights purchased :

personnally, i wouldn;t mind pay abit more to buy from local store... @ least if not satisfied, still can complain or make noise till 100% happie... coz if purchase from nieghborhood state, felt quite difficult & troublesome too should there b any problems w the lights (ie; no safety passed).. but if ur comfortable w it.. den it shld be fine ba... :dancingqueen:

anywy, remb 2 do thorough checks on ur defects... u shld see alot of "common" ones here... :rofl:

cant stand the poor workmanship of all these contractors. told them that my skirting kenna dent ask them what they going to do. he still can tell me is not dent...is "design" i :rofl: look at him with my eyes big big and ask him if is design then y this design only at this particular bedroom and only two pcs of skirting kenna nia. he keep quiet. so both of sit in front of the dent skirting keeping quiet and looking at the "design" skirting. UNtil he finally buay tahan continue to look at it liao..he said he will replace a new one for me. then my bf went up last weekend and told me the replace skirting is of different tones with the rest! If the tone difference really diff alot me going to ask them change away. really very stooopid. me thinking if i m going to write a letter to the straits time maybe they will really be more serious in their work.

ayo~ y like tt... i tot u ardy started ur renov liao... so u still "fighting" on ur defects ah... juz like me hor... realli sianz man ~ :D

anywy, they're replacing my tiles now... & i've got a feeling tt they'll definitely damage my skirting... i've prep myself to "feedback" to the officer in charge from HDB (not BSC, don't waste time on them)... :rofl:

my 1st bill $191.11

$100 - deposit

$80 - installation of gas pipes (so ex 1 meh??)

mine was..

1st bill - $100plus (deposit incl)

2nd bill - oso $100 plus, hvnt install gas pipes .... (duno wther iszit they using est avg) :rofl:

finally ~ tiles being hacked~! :dancingqueen:

th_P3050092.jpg

th_P3050090.jpg

th_P3050089.jpg

Edited by Zen2008

The problem is... there is no such logo on our original windows.... only got dunno what... "Enviro-Safe laminate"... So I assume that ours is not tempered.... since by right... all tempered windows got some form of logo embedded onto the windows and that logo cannot be removed..... :)

One more thing... I can't find any info on HDB or BCA websites saying that Full-Height Windows must be tempered one.....

I distinctly remember my window got the tempered glass wording leh.......nvm tmr on my routine spot check i see got or not and post here :)

cant stand the poor workmanship of all these contractors. told them that my skirting kenna dent ask them what they going to do. he still can tell me is not dent...is "design" i :jawdrop: look at him with my eyes big big and ask him if is design then y this design only at this particular bedroom and only two pcs of skirting kenna nia. he keep quiet. so both of sit in front of the dent skirting keeping quiet and looking at the "design" skirting. UNtil he finally buay tahan continue to look at it liao..he said he will replace a new one for me. then my bf went up last weekend and told me the replace skirting is of different tones with the rest! If the tone difference really diff alot me going to ask them change away. really very stooopid. me thinking if i m going to write a letter to the straits time maybe they will really be more serious in their work.

Hi Winnie, gald to see u back posting :)

I think if u highlight to STOMP.......it'll be doing a great service to everyone here.........BSC is getting from bad to worst from what i am hearing and reading...........

Before my defects was complete, i was almost calling them or going down to their place so frequently until they know my face and i know all of their names liao.

Some pple need to get kicked den move...........BSC............need a cannon strapped to their *** in order for them to move!:)!! :jawdrop:

Hi all,

Just something to share : currently am using a numeric lock with bike chain (with rubber casing) on my gate - so that I can change the lock code frequently. Can also manage the flow of traffic cos I know which contractor got the code at any one time mah.. if anything lost, i think at least know where to start lor. Anyone got any ideas on managing contractor flow? Esp when more things are added to the house prior move-in. Heard from my mum there got pple kenah things stolen lor... :(

Hi qaraj, welcome!:jawdrop::P

Defects should be all rectified before your renovation starts.........else when your reno starts and your defects rectification is still on going.......something breaks or is damage.............they will play the pointing finger game..........

You can take a look @ my thread with reference to my MBR toilet vanity top den u know what i mean liao.

And yes......you got to follow up, call them to chase them until the cows come home before BSC will do their job............sigh..............BSC ah BSC........... :curse:

ayo~ y like tt... i tot u ardy started ur renov liao... so u still "fighting" on ur defects ah... juz like me hor... realli sianz man ~ zz

anywy, they're replacing my tiles now... & i've got a feeling tt they'll definitely damage my skirting... i've prep myself to "feedback" to the officer in charge from HDB (not BSC, don't waste time on them)... :P

mine was..

1st bill - $100plus (deposit incl)

2nd bill - oso $100 plus, hvnt install gas pipes .... (duno wther iszit they using est avg) :)

finally ~ tiles being hacked~! :P

th_P3050092.jpg

th_P3050090.jpg

th_P3050089.jpg

Good thing that they are starting on your tiling.........well............haha so u got your complaint template to HDB ready ma? so all u need to do is send to them after checking............

Thinking about it and knowing BSC reputation.......y not just send now anyway? :P

For my Utilities bill, so far been charged like a few dollars nia leh..............minue the initial deposit lor.

Good thing that they are starting on your tiling.........well............haha so u got your complaint template to HDB ready ma? so all u need to do is send to them after checking............

Thinking about it and knowing BSC reputation.......y not just send now anyway? :notti:

For my Utilities bill, so far been charged like a few dollars nia leh..............minue the initial deposit lor.

yalor... so nw gota ask my id to go up spot check... make sure evything's in place... aya~ cannot send nw leh coz they hvn't layed yet mah... oni when we hv "proof" den we got a case ma.. tio boh... !!

Hi Guys,

Bought my washer already, got it from Harvey Norman. Had come across a contact who can provide good service and the price is quite reasonable. If you need any electrical appliance pm me I let you have the contact he can quote you. I feel quite bad not to take up his offer as he seems to be sincere but he don't have what I want.

Amoyz

hey neighbors, anyone can recommend good places to buy dining tables and sofa? had been sourcing around but dont really can find good offers.. tia~ :)

Hi qaraj! Welcome to the neighbourhood. I'm from blk 989b too. I agree that lights in sing is super ex. I bought all my lights except dining in singapore. Cost $1k (b4 $500 discount voucher from my ID firm). I bought my dining light in shenzhen. Similar one cost at least 1k in singapore. I bought is at RMB1k which is abt SGD200.

diningsmall.jpg

Huh?! Wat joint inspection?? :lol: aiyo... i must follow-up lor.. Haiz.. Will update also.

Btw, if you guys wanna get any more lights hor.. JB got a few, particularly 1 in Pelangi is v v good.. I only spent about S$400 for whole house leh.. left 2 lights for my bedroom n dining area lor. :unsure: I quite satisfied with myself. :yamseng: kekeke.... pm me if you need the contact.

Lights purchased :

hi guys

my hse under reno now

hope to complete in mid april.

juz bought my tv at IT fair..

wasted..could have gotton a better deal if i waited for those closing special or hourly special..

Hi genwin, so which brand and model of the TV u bought at the IT show??

hi guys

my hse under reno now

hope to complete in mid april.

juz bought my tv at IT fair..

wasted..could have gotton a better deal if i waited for those closing special or hourly special..