Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hongss

Mopping Of Floors

Hi everyone, I'm just wondering. With all these wonderful gadgets, do you still sweep or vacuum the floor before you mop?

I'm the lazy sort and will always try to find shortcuts... :P

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Yes, I still sweep my house twice a week before I mop once during weekend.

Although I don't see myself as the hardworking one, I just cannot stand having to walk on dusty floor during weekdays :bleah:

In fact, if you don't sweep or vacuum the floor before mopping, your floor is not going to be clean cos the water will become very dirty, after your mop collects the dust & hair.

does this Leifheit brand mop works. my mum said not clean one coz cannot reach the edges.. and said traditonal yarn mop is the best.

Have u wondered why the janitors and cleaners still use the good old white yarn mop? The mop bucket trolley that they use to wring dry the yarn mop is not cheap. I managed to locate the company who supplies this and was told that the smallest size MINI mop bucket trolley with wring is $144

Edited by rumi

hi,

for the bucket to carry water and the wringer to wring dry the mop by using hand to press on the lever, those that looks like commercial use at food court, shopping, etc., its available at 5B at Joo Chiat.

The prices ranges from $25 to $80 to $100+ depending on the size, quality, design and make. gd inexpensive price for home use type and works equally gd.

5B is at Joo Chiat, opposite Tanjong Katong Complex. Sells crockery, electical hm applicances, etc as well.

5B Pte Ltd

42, Joo Chiat Rd

Singapore 427368

Phone : (65-) 64587228 Fax : (65-) 64587890

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=12805 (Where To Buy Crockery, cheap but decent)

hope the above helps.

hey leen, thanks for the contact, i shall go & take a look.

The problem is I have a mentality that 1 cent 1 worth, if it is much cheaper elsewhere for the 'same' thing then why did the janitor company not buy the cheapest range from these companies since they need to buy in bulk and cost savings for them?

I am thinking these buckets may not be as efficient or may break down easier or that the castors will easily scratch the floor.

Nevertheless I will go take a look before deciding, if the quality looks the same, maybe I will buy the cheaper one.

Thanks.

hey guys, my own d-i-y to share..

if any of u had a magic clean mop, which u wither need buy dry wipes or wet wipes, or u buy the dry ones and wet it,

try replace those wipes with a normal thin cloth, eg "祝君早安“ type, those $2 many pcs ones..

wet the towel or cloth (usu i will prepare the small pail with half or less mix little bit of floor cleaner to wet the towel) and attach it to ur mop, try to wip the floor.. it works like the wet wipes and it also pick up dust and dirt..

my experience is if the towel is to wet, the mop wont go smooth, if teh towel is to dry it clean only half the room, but it can reach any corner jus work like when using the dry or wet wipes, the diff is one wipes remove dust and clean floor at the same time.. its effortless, the only diff is i too extreme in floor cleanilesss only, i always rinse with tap water and wet the towel in the pail of cleaner before the next wipe,

2 pp in the house water comsumption with one week abt 4 times moppin, water usage is around 10 Cu M $12+/- per month..

Hi, anyone has some tips to share for laminated floor mopping?

I am currently using 3M sponge mop. Find it very tiring after mopping, wish to switch to another easier & faster system.

Thanks.

Edited by yokine9a

Hi, anyone has some tips to share for laminated floor mopping?

I am currently using 3M sponge mop. Find it very tiring after mopping, wish to switch to another easier & faster system.

Thanks.

Can you elaborate what u mean by tired after mopping, is the mop not strong enuf to remove the dirt? or u have a big house n need alot of energy to mop it? magic clean and your 3m mop is seemed to be the lightest mopping equipement available to me.

Maybe if you can give more info, people might be able to help you.

Can you elaborate what u mean by tired after mopping, is the mop not strong enuf to remove the dirt? or u have a big house n need alot of energy to mop it? magic clean and your 3m mop is seemed to be the lightest mopping equipement available to me.

Maybe if you can give more info, people might be able to help you.

Hi, thanks for your advice... actually, I just want to find a shortest way to mop a house... cos I work full-time & study part-time now, don't even have time to sleep, how to find time to do housework? :(

Anyway, for those who are interested to buy Leifheit products but find that Tangs & Taka are selling too expensive... I found the supplier of this brand... they do sell to walk-in customers... this is their website, www.hogarmas.com

The price is much cheaper... open during warehouse sale or by appt only, ring them up before you go.

Hi, thanks for your advice... actually, I just want to find a shortest way to mop a house... cos I work full-time & study part-time now, don't even have time to sleep, how to find time to do housework? :(

Anyway, for those who are interested to buy Leifheit products but find that Tangs & Taka are selling too expensive... I found the supplier of this brand... they do sell to walk-in customers... this is their website, www.hogarmas.com

The price is much cheaper... open during warehouse sale or by appt only, ring them up before you go.

Is this way the easiest way to mop your house. Quite Light lar. :D

magiccleanmop2.jpg

thks yokine9a... i visited the website and they are having ther warehouse sales from 4 jul onwards... :)

thks yokine9a... i visited the website and they are having ther warehouse sales from 4 jul onwards... :)

You are welcome, himouse :)

I bought their Twist System last time I went to their shop... mop head is flat & bigger than my sponge mop... mopping time is reduced to half now... still have energy & time to read my books after doing the housework ;)

Hi alan26, is that a MagicClean floor wiper? I am using that to wipe the floor b4 mopping... wrapping a cloth over it to do mopping work is a good idea, but got to use bare hand to drain off the water leh... also find the handler/arm too short, even though I am not tall at all :(