Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hongss

Mopping Of Floors

Scooba_Cat_A.jpg

Floor cleaning robot.. effortless.. :D :D :D

Used to have this, and thought I can get lazy, BUT I WAS WRONG!!!!

iRobot Scooba is only great for bathroom & kitchen. For big area, a lot of time it can't clean finish within 1 round of water.....so you will end up watching it to crawl...slowly, and then change water and clean the brush....very troublesome :( The worse thing is, you can't simply let it run without you around, anytime it can hit anything happily and cause short circuit or whatever thing you could imagine.....coz it's carrying water, dun play play.....It will be perfect only if it can go back to its base and change water itself.....wait long long for the next generation of Scooba.

I sold mine and bought a Roomba instead. Shoik!

Roman mop was my first attempt in fast mopping strategy....close to 2 years, it's good but it can't covers corners very well (but surprisingly iRobot Roomba can!!!). Passed by Isetan and saw the Leifheit Profi set selling at $258.....very tempted to buy, but decided to search around the web and found this thread lol!

Sh*t missed this great deal at $168.....will try my luck again on Monday then :( yokine9a thanks for the tips!

Leaflet-1.gif

Edited by tingshen

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Used to have this, and thought I can get lazy, BUT I WAS WRONG!!!!

iRobot Scooba is only great for bathroom & kitchen. For big area, a lot of time it can't clean finish within 1 round of water.....so you will end up watching it to crawl...slowly, and then change water and clean the brush....very troublesome :( The worse thing is, you can't simply let it run without you around, anytime it can hit anything happily and cause short circuit or whatever thing you could imagine.....coz it's carrying water, dun play play.....It will be perfect only if it can go back to its base and change water itself.....wait long long for the next generation of Scooba.

I sold mine and bought a Roomba instead. Shoik!

Roman mop was my first attempt in fast mopping strategy....close to 2 years, it's good but it can't covers corners very well (but surprisingly iRobot Roomba can!!!). Passed by Isetan and saw the Leifheit Profi set selling at $258.....very tempted to buy, but decided to search around the web and found this thread lol!

Sh*t missed this great deal at $168.....will try my luck again on Monday then :( yokine9a thanks for the tips!

Leaflet-1.gif

Hi, read your reviews on Roomba. Is it really so amazing as always hear people give good feedbacks on it. Got a pic of your Roomba at work?

actually what we did is, use the normal string one to mo wet the house, then use the army towel to wipe dry floor (just step on it and walk around).

Hi, read your reviews on Roomba. Is it really so amazing as always hear people give good feedbacks on it. Got a pic of your Roomba at work?

It's not amazing, it's a robot, a gadget, more like a toy to me instead of a home appliance. Get your husband to learn lar, so he will take over the cleaning job.....that explain why my wife dun need to worry too much about cleaning the floor....she's a magic clean person, I hate that, not very environmental friendly....

The good thing is, it is very very clean after each run, coz in average, it will vacuum 5 times per spot. It has a home base (mid range and above model I think 550 and above) so that it will go back and charge itself after each run. The virtual wall & lighthouse can guide it to another rooms, so you can plan its job according to its capability.

The bad thing? You need to be someone who loves to deal with robot. They are robot, and they are dirty, you need to do maintenance on and off. If you use it frequently, you may need to dismantle it once a month to clean everything so that it will last. it is running on 110v (unless you pay double or tripple the price to buy local stuff) so you need to modify the power supply or use a 110v transformer to charge it. Most importantly, it has a solid bumper....so it will bang all your furniture legs.....i am forced to put extra cushion at the bumper to reduce damage....Scooba is worse....super solid hard bumper.....sigh....

This is what I see for single vacuum, look at the fine dust it's able to suck up....

img0761m.jpg

This is how it looks like when "resting" itself at the homebase....

img0762y.jpg

I dun support the local dealer, coz with that kind of $$$, you can afford to buy 2 units, in case 1 down, the other one can be activated immediately :)

anyway, with Roomba, it makes my mopping job very easy :D The water will never be "black" anymore......

Edited by tingshen

I saw this product being demo at peoples park recently looks effective, it costs $59, the salesperson said usual price $99. It certainly has good water absorbtion quality.

http://www.magic-mop.com/index_topic.php?d...didpath=/124724

Being a lazy person, I also looking for easier way to clean. Still considering whether to buy. Currently using roman-mop, I think it sponge only good when quite new....after a while like 'normal' sponge mop also.

I saw this product being demo at peoples park recently looks effective, it costs $59, the salesperson said usual price $99. It certainly has good water absorbtion quality.

http://www.magic-mop.com/index_topic.php?d...didpath=/124724

i hv been using roman mop since day 1 they brought this into spore.

now that i saw this mop retailing at og, i asked my sis to get for me as well. the stocks will only come in mid sep. will share more once i get my hand on my new toy.

btw, the $59 is made in china whereas $99 is taiwan made with parts manufactured (not in china, according to the staff?? )

i realise that after mopping floor... there will be water stain all over the house.. mine is normal 600x600 tiles..

hmm is it because the mop is not dry enough????

ok, here's a piece of advice that i give out to test whether it is because you didn't squeeze enough water out from your mop.

drop a piece of tissue paper on your floor after you mop. press it lightly and lift up to see. from there you can tell.

let me know the results and then i can share the alternatives if it is due to your flooring.

found a way to solve my water mark problem.. abit more work but it is the cheapest solution.. after mopping with normal string mop..use mirco fiber mop/sheet (e.g those 3M mirco fiber type of mop) to go through the whole house again.. confirm dry..no water mark..

found a way to solve my water mark problem.. abit more work but it is the cheapest solution.. after mopping with normal string mop..use mirco fiber mop/sheet (e.g those 3M mirco fiber type of mop) to go through the whole house again.. confirm dry..no water mark..

i was going to post about my water stain and glad i see your post.