Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
oonik grl

Pre Wedding Jitters

The other day I couldn't sleep thinking abt the wedding and the future. One thing led to one another and I kept thinking that this is the guy that I will be spending the rest of my life with. And the rest of my life is a looooong time (God-willing).

Did any of you have pre-wedding jitters ? How do u go about keeping urself calm on the big day ? :P

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

my AD is 1mth n 2days away n i've started to have nitemares abt my AD since this mth..

1st nitemare - something went wrong during the banquet (forgot abt the details liao)

2nd nitemare - i got 21 pimples found on my face during AD!:P

does tis means i'm having pre wedding jitters also?

eh.. i dunno leh.. i guess pre-wedding jitters might come in many forms for different ppl

but the day that i couldn't sleep, when i finally went to sleep.. dream also dream abt the wedding.. haha !

bluberi.. u counted ur pimples ah ?! sho funny..

my AD is 1mth n 2days away n i've started to have nitemares abt my AD since this mth..

1st nitemare - something went wrong during the banquet (forgot abt the details liao)

2nd nitemare - i got 21 pimples found on my face during AD!:P

eh.. i dunno leh.. i guess pre-wedding jitters might come in many forms for different ppl

but the day that i couldn't sleep, when i finally went to sleep.. dream also dream abt the wedding.. haha !

bluberi.. u counted ur pimples ah ?! sho funny..

oonik grl, i supposed its different for every gal ba.. nw headache on the guestlist sia.. our initially plan was to invite on 25-28tables, nw the list escalated to 31tables which is oni 1table short of the max. capacity for the ballroom. beri scare many guest will bring along partners den die liao coz we oni haf 1 spare table.

ya.. beri funni nitemare which i dreamt i was counting the no. of pimples i haf

2nd nitemare - i got 21 pimples found on my face during AD!!!

our AD is about 1 and a half month away. pre wedding jitters? yup, all the while i have been thinking/worrying since ROM 3 years ago bcos there're sure to have problems when staying together. that's life! so, just "walk one step and see one step" lor. otherwise, too many things to worry. :help:

humm...me romed 2 years back. i do vaugely rem about my pre-rom jitters. back then its scary to think that the person u gonna spend your life with...till death do us part...what if it turns out to be a wrong choice? there are other choices around and y him? :(

now no more liao...life goes on lar. I only worried for the turnout of the wedding guests thou..dunno how many will really turn out since its a dec.. . :P

but hor...i love dec becoz its xmas! i love the lightups and the holiday seasons feel! dec is my fav month of the year.. :good: so no time to be a worried bride. :P

ya, dec is also my most favourite month of the year bcos i can take out my xmas tree to decorate! the festive mood is wonderful. :bangwall:

btw, have you found AD photographer? :~ if you're worried about the guests then you better call everyone to confirm their attendance. my mum will help me with that. :)

i haven ROM yet.. the ROM and wedding is just 1 day apart.. so a bit nervous ba

Hmm.. planning the wedding dun say liao. I nt sure which is worse.. doing the reno or planning the wedding..

diva, that time you asked about how to write your mum's name since your dad isnt around anymore, right. a wedding card has chinese and english, right. for example your mum's name is 蔡XX, then in english just write "mdm chua XX" and in chinese write "陈蔡XX" (assume your dad's surname is ). :~

that one no luck. called up a few and all booked! :good: i even tot of asking someone from the photography forum but those popular ones are also booked.

hb still feel give his fren face and let him settle. now i am too busy to other stuffs so leave it be.. no point fertting over it since its less den 1 mth away... !!

dont look for popular ones la. normal ones also can do the job nicely. :( but i thought your hb's friend isnt free on your AD so how to give him face even your hb really want to ask him to be photographer? :help:

i haven ROM yet.. the ROM and wedding is just 1 day apart.. so a bit nervous ba

Hmm.. planning the wedding dun say liao. I nt sure which is worse.. doing the reno or planning the wedding..

no wonder you feel nervous la bcos ROM and AD are so near together. :P actually, for me whether got AD a not has no difference bcos since we ROM liao so i feel we're already legally married. numb liao. :P

oonik, which hotel for your ROM and AD? :bangwall:

The other day I couldn't sleep thinking abt the wedding and the future. One thing led to one another and I kept thinking that this is the guy that I will be spending the rest of my life with. And the rest of my life is a looooong time (God-willing).

Did any of you have pre-wedding jitters ? How do u go about keeping urself calm on the big day ? :good:

everytime i see somebody getting married, i want to get married again too!

i remember before my ROMM i was so scared. just the anxiety of starting a new chapter of my life with someone else. it also feels like i was going to leave my family. i want my mummy!

but i also got very involved with the wedding preps..made me very excited to see the cards, the gifts, the wedding favours. couldn't wait for the food! and how would i look like with my make up!! then the last minute rushing madness to get all the little things. so the only time i had to contemplate about what the future holds for me and the husband was at night before going to sleep.

marriage is hard work. all parties involved have to make an effort. but the fact that both of you have decided to take this step together says a lot already. just remember to say I Love You every night before you go to sleep :bangwall: !!

best wishes to u and ur future hubby!

oonik grl, i understand. i read about your reno..

for our reno everything went on smoothly. if i am gonna do it again i wanna redo the reno! now i have new and different ideas! :(

but for the wedding i really dun like the prep work lor. :P

yupz u r rite :)

becoz he now say he is free. he kept on changing his mind dunno how many times liao. :)

last restort i will get my bro or a fren to stand in... :bangwall:

what has happened to oonik's reno? :~

ya, if can and i also want to redo the reno. hahaha. :good: but if my hb knows liao and sure will :help:

huh? what?! now he said he's FREE! !! aiyo, such person huh not a man of his words leh. :P

oonik, which hotel for your ROM and AD? :jawdrop:

i'm a malay so gonna do it typical malay style - under void deck. heh. bt FH's one will be almost similar to the chinese style. he's doing at at Malay Village.

best wishes to u and ur future hubby!

thanks gumbokins !

oonik grl, i understand. i read about your reno..

for our reno everything went on smoothly. if i am gonna do it again i wanna redo the reno! now i have new and different ideas! :P

but for the wedding i really dun like the prep work lor. :P

hehe ! i like the prep work for both. but hor, fr reno easier to see all the work. can see and touch as it goes along. bt for wedding, everything culminates to one big day. if go wrong, that's it lor...

what has happened to oonik's reno? :dunno:

i very sian to retell story liao :bleah: hahha ! it's my bad experience with a contractor. u can read more on my reno blog

nw, me just looking forward towards the future ! bt still nervous.. haha

Oonik girl, I had pre-wedding jitters like you too. Used to lay in bed thinking if I had made the right choice. Sometimes I even thought that we might have rushed into marriage. There was one time I almost freaked out and suggested to my then bf (now hubby) that we call off the whole thing, I just wasn't sure that he was the one for me and I for him.

Now, looking back, I think all of us can't be 100% sure. We have ROM-ed a few months back but even till now, the thought of calling off our customary wedding will sneakily creep into my mind. A few times, I cried before going to sleep because I really regretted signing that lifetime bond. I thought to myself that perhaps I haven't gotten used to marriage life yet and didn't know what to expect. I give myself time to slowly get used to it and stop those destructive thoughts. Focus on what's ahead than wasting time to think abt the what-ifs. :jawdrop:

tomorrow will be the solemnization at home. nw not so nervous, feel a bit happier. but tomoro dunno how the feeling will be like. heh.

tomorrow will be the solemnization at home. nw not so nervous, feel a bit happier. but tomoro dunno how the feeling will be like. heh.

Hey congrats oonik girl! Don't think so much and just hv a good rest today and be a radiant bride tmr! :P

congratulation. :P

how is your solemnization today? i wasnt very nervous when i solemnized. that was 3 years ago. haha, time flies. it was like yesterday event. :good: