Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mparade

De Dietrich - Where To Get Them?

Dear Gurus,

I am trying to find out which is the best retailer (in terms of price) to get De Dietrich conventional, microwave and steam oven. Would appreciate it if you could help on this.

Many thanks, :(

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Dear Gurus,

I am trying to find out which is the best retailer (in terms of price) to get De Dietrich conventional, microwave and steam oven. Would appreciate it if you could help on this.

Many thanks, :sport-smiley-004:

Hi mparade !!

Well, I'm no guru but you can check out Rina Electrical where it sells most of the European brands there. Price-wise I don't think they're the cheapest though.

Cheers!

De Dietrich ovens have controlled pricing. And you can only get from authorised dealers. You will not be able to get from the general electrical retailers.

I got my microwave, steam oven and multi-function ovens from Eldric Marketing at Centrepoint.

Please note that there is no stock for some 2007 models, and the 2008 models have already been released but the stock will only arrive in Singapore some time in Jan/Feb.

I cannot wait for the 2008 models mainly because the handle design is different from my existing multifunction oven, and I want matching handles. So I went to the old 2007 models instead.

Hi all,

I just knew about the 2008 range and the prices seem to have increased. My house will not be ready till March '08 but I need to make decision soon so that I could get the specifications to buid in. I am hoping that they may do some kind of introductory sale. If anyone knows of any, please let me know.

Chunky Monkey, saw your blog and I could feel for you as I am going through almost similar issues. Keep us updated.

Thanks!

The 2007 models are currently being phased out. Since your house will only be ready in March 08, you only will have to consider the 2008 models. Because even if you want the 2007 models, they won't be available.

Based on past experience with De Dietrich, Eldric Marketing never ever has a sale. I even tried to buy my steamer and microwave at the GSS but there just wasn't any discount, nor freebies.

If you are decided on the model you want, make sure you put your money down to secure a unit. There are many new high end condo developments going on, and the project managers buy in bulk. You may not get a unit if you do not place a deposit for your ovens.

You might want to think about the placement of your ovens. I am going to place all my ovens in a single column, with my multifunction oven right at the bottom, microwave and then steamer right at the top.

And make sure you tell your main contractor and electrician that you need 16 AMPs power points for each oven. 16 AMPs power points cost more than the normal 13 AMP power points.

CM: de dietrich has a hybrid oven, seen it at eldric, it;s a microwave and oven, any comment of having a 2-1 approach to this?

Do not roast a lot but it will be handy on certain festive period.

Thanks.

:notti::notti:

The 2007 models are currently being phased out. Since your house will only be ready in March 08, you only will have to consider the 2008 models. Because even if you want the 2007 models, they won't be available.

Based on past experience with De Dietrich, Eldric Marketing never ever has a sale. I even tried to buy my steamer and microwave at the GSS but there just wasn't any discount, nor freebies.

If you are decided on the model you want, make sure you put your money down to secure a unit. There are many new high end condo developments going on, and the project managers buy in bulk. You may not get a unit if you do not place a deposit for your ovens.

You might want to think about the placement of your ovens. I am going to place all my ovens in a single column, with my multifunction oven right at the bottom, microwave and then steamer right at the top.

And make sure you tell your main contractor and electrician that you need 16 AMPs power points for each oven. 16 AMPs power points cost more than the normal 13 AMP power points.

Edited by wuga98

CM: de dietrich has a hybrid oven, seen it at eldric, it;s a microwave and oven, any comment of having a 2-1 approach to this?

Do not roast a lot but it will be handy on certain festive period.

Thanks.

:D:P

Yes, I bought the combi as well. The price difference between the combi microwave + oven is a couple of hundred more than the solo microwave, so I opted for the combi microwave + oven. You may wonder why I did that ... it's because I roast a lot, and having an extra oven on top of my big oven is surely a plus. There was one Xmas when I roasted 14 beef roasts; requests from friends. (non-profiting making. They just paid the cost of the ribeye)

So for yourself, you need to decide what to do. If you get this combi as the only oven, when the oven's in use, you will have no microwave oven to defrost, melt chocolate, make pop corn, etc.

Yes, I bought the combi as well. The price difference between the combi microwave + oven is a couple of hundred more than the solo microwave, so I opted for the combi microwave + oven. You may wonder why I did that ... it's because I roast a lot, and having an extra oven on top of my big oven is surely a plus. There was one Xmas when I roasted 14 beef roasts; requests from friends. (non-profiting making. They just paid the cost of the ribeye)

So for yourself, you need to decide what to do. If you get this combi as the only oven, when the oven's in use, you will have no microwave oven to defrost, melt chocolate, make pop corn, etc.

Hi Chunky Monkey,

Do you mind sharing with me what's the cost like for the combi and the big oven? PM me also can. I am planning budget now and want to see if I can squeeze a De Dietrich in...

Hi Chunky Monkey,

Do you mind sharing with me what's the cost like for the combi and the big oven? PM me also can. I am planning budget now and want to see if I can squeeze a De Dietrich in...

The solo microwave is S$2400. The combi microwave + oven is S$2500. These are apparently the latest prices.

But you will need 16 AMP power supply for the combi microwave + oven.

Edited by Chunky Monkey

Thanks, which model of the combi did you get eg. litre etc.. and did you get their hood and hop as well. I was at their showroom today and they will probably get the catalogue next week for me to understand their specs.

Their price is definately higher than teka when i did the comparison, how do you rate teka?

you are correct about not being able to do the rest of what you have penned down here which i love to have very much, but in my household, i am also the only one that is a canivorous. :)

Do you really use the steam oven? :unsure:

Thanks.

Thanks, which model of the combi did you get eg. litre etc.. and did you get their hood and hop as well. I was at their showroom today and they will probably get the catalogue next week for me to understand their specs.

Their price is definately higher than teka when i did the comparison, how do you rate teka?

you are correct about not being able to do the rest of what you have penned down here which i love to have very much, but in my household, i am also the only one that is a canivorous. :)

Do you really use the steam oven? :unsure:

Thanks.

Re microwave + oven combi ... I got the 40L model (DME555X).

No I didn't get their hood and hob. That is not what De Dietrich is known for in terms of their technology.

WRT Teka (no offence to other forummers), I am someone who would not hesitate to buy their sinks. But nothing else.

I have not moved house yet, and hence have not used the steam oven. But I have every intention to use it more, and use less of the microwave for cooking. For price reference, the De Dietrich steam oven is S$2300.

I hope you can decide on what you want earlier than later. I suspect the price increases will be taking effect soon.

Remember to get your electrician to provide a 16 AMP power point if you have the oven. And also the installation guide for your carpenter in providing the crevices for you, to build in the ovens. All De Dietrich ovens are built-in ones. Not for standalone.

Thanks CM, will decide before end Jan. Which co/brand if famous for their hob n hood then>?

I have never consider teka for their sink, i thought franke is a better choice ;) THanks for the sharing.

No I didn't get their hood and hob. That is not what De Dietrich is known for in terms of their technology.

WRT Teka (no offence to other forummers), I am someone who would not hesitate to buy their sinks. But nothing else.

I have not moved house yet, and hence have not used the steam oven. But I have every intention to use it more, and use less of the microwave for cooking. For price reference, the De Dietrich steam oven is S$2300.

I hope you can decide on what you want earlier than later. I suspect the price increases will be taking effect soon.

Remember to get your electrician to provide a 16 AMP power point if you have the oven. And also the installation guide for your carpenter in providing the crevices for you, to build in the ovens. All De Dietrich ovens are built-in ones. Not for standalone.

Thanks CM, will decide before end Jan. Which co/brand if famous for their hob n hood then>?

I have never consider teka for their sink, i thought franke is a better choice :notti: THanks for the sharing.

LOL! Sorry, I meant Franke for sinks! What was I thinking. I meant to say I would not think twice about getting a Franke sink. But I would hesitate with a Franke hood and hob.

Teka hood is good. But make sure you get one that has a high suction. Else no use. Teka hob ... it's been along time since I viewed a Teka hob. But when I was considering it for my mother's kitchen, I changed my mind about it, because most of the models I like have grids that are made of cast iron, and if the maid is careless and drops it, either the floor tiles will crack or the stands inself will break into bits. (Maybe these days there are enamelled grids???)

Don't go for Teka ovens. That's not their primary offering. Stick with De Dietrich. It may be expensive but very good. Miele's too expensive, not to mention Gaggenau. One day, if I should strike lottery, I would get a Gaggenau! (fat hope).

Hi Chunkymonkey,

Thanks! I'll have to consider my usage to see if it's really worth it to spend then.

Was looking through Teka's hobs recently, it is enamel grids now already. But the designs of the non-glass types quite limited.

Just to update CM's original reply:-

The new model # for the combi oven is DME795X and shd be arriving end of Jan. Price is $2700. It's a 40L s/s ful built-in oven.

They also mentioned that it will need a 15Amp power pt.