Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
vibranze

Neighbor's Door With Red Banner And A Lot Of Hutao

Guys,

Need your advice here as I'm planning to deal with one of the unit in Tampines, the unit is really nice and 100% move in condition but I have one doubt here, because of the most unit in Tampines are main door facing neighbor main door (door to door) and I just realized that our neighbor actually hanged a red banner with chinese words which I don't know what's the meaning, apart from that on their door there are also a lot of hutao (chinese red paper, I don't know what is the terms, hope you guys got what I meant).

I have an impression that our neighbor's doing a taoism kind of thing and if my impression serve me right then it is really bad to us as by hanging this kind of thing facing our main door will 'sha' our 'qi'. (correct me if I am wrong here)

Any advice on this will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

NB: I've already paid the first 1000SGD deposit, it doesn't matter if I have to forfeit the deposit as long as the unit I buy is worth and not giving us harm once we are moving in.

Cheers,

V

Edited by vibranze

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Guys,

Need your advice here as I'm planning to deal with one of the unit in Tampines, the unit is really nice and 100% move in condition but I have one doubt here, because of the most unit in Tampines are main door facing neighbor main door (door to door) and I just realized that our neighbor actually hanged a red banner with chinese words which I don't know what's the meaning, apart from that on their door there are also a lot of hutao (chinese red paper, I don't know what is the terms, hope you guys got what I meant).

I have an impression that our neighbor's doing a taoism kind of thing and if my impression serve me right then it is really bad to us as by hanging this kind of thing facing our main door will 'sha' our 'qi'. (correct me if I am wrong here)

Any advice on this will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

NB: I've already paid the first 1000SGD deposit, it doesn't matter if I have to forfeit the deposit as long as the unit I buy is worth and not giving us harm once we are moving in.

Cheers,

V

take picture?

lots of chinese houses do have the chinese banners that says " money money come" :(

take picture?

lots of chinese houses do have the chinese banners that says " money money come" :(

Haha, too bad no pictures taken but I write down some of the chinese characters, here it is:

金面童子

五月十五

二月二十二

I believe it is not the money money come thingy as I also saw inside the unit there are a lot of deity statues with lot of flags, seems like a tao's flag.

Another finding was the unit itself was not so bright after we turned off all the light and opened up the windows, it's a bit 'yim yim'.

Anyway, we decided not to buy that unit.:D

Cheers,

V

Edited by vibranze

Haha, too bad no pictures taken but I write down some of the chinese characters, here it is:

金面童子

五月十五

二月二十二

I believe it is not the money money come thingy as I also saw inside the unit there are a lot of deity statues with lot of flags, seems like a tao's flag.

Another finding was the unit itself was not so bright after we turned off all the light and opened up the windows, it's a bit 'yim yim'.

Anyway, we decided not to buy that unit.:sport-smiley-004:

Cheers,

V

a lot of deity statues??? could a mini-temple....good idea not to buy-or else every week TUCK TONG CHENG, you cannot tahan one.

a lot of deity statues??? could a mini-temple....good idea not to buy-or else every week TUCK TONG CHENG, you cannot tahan one.

hehe..... No need to go so far to 'men shin', just go next door to ask for 4D or Toto every mon, wed, thur plus sat & sun too.. haha......

Regards,

MasterChong33

hehe..... No need to go so far to 'men shin', just go next door to ask for 4D or Toto every mon, wed, thur plus sat & sun too.. haha......

Regards,

MasterChong33

wah didnt know you like such neighbours - i do know of one house in bishan that has been empty for very long - cant sell due to such dangkee neighbour.

you want? i intro you - (buy from hdb).

just to tompang....

is the colour of the flag outside symbolic? got one hse nearby, ground level, has a black flag and the big banner outside. their altar looks like it occupies the living rm + kitchen area. my mum said not good to walk near it, becoz the flag means they worship the war god ("the scary one with the tongue!: she sezs). really ah?

just to tompang....

is the colour of the flag outside symbolic? got one hse nearby, ground level, has a black flag and the big banner outside. their altar looks like it occupies the living rm + kitchen area. my mum said not good to walk near it, becoz the flag means they worship the war god ("the scary one with the tongue!: she sezs). really ah?

Aiyah.. !! no need to worry about all these flags or banners they hang outside cause most of them paid a 'heavy price' to 'biao 镖' back home to hang outside their door.. This is how temples make $$$ and donations on their celebration's day.. :P

They dosen't harm people in general.. just like paid 保护费 to protect their home as they do a good deed by donations to that particular temple to exchange for good luck.. :)

Regards,

MasterChong33

Tompang also... hee...

Mine is a corner house. My neighbour is chinese & hang those ang cai at the door, i suppose is common for most chinese families... I just finished reno, bought in a 4-faced buddha altar & placed at balcony (my main door is at balcony). Suddenly saw my neighbour hang a pineapple with a sticker pasted on it with words like "wang" at her door. Just 'an' buddha yesterday... Isit a good or bad thing?

Tompang also... hee...

Mine is a corner house. My neighbour is chinese & hang those ang cai at the door, i suppose is common for most chinese families... I just finished reno, bought in a 4-faced buddha altar & placed at balcony (my main door is at balcony). Suddenly saw my neighbour hang a pineapple with a sticker pasted on it with words like "wang" at her door. Just 'an' buddha yesterday... Isit a good or bad thing?

Pineapple??? Food for your buddha = good

But pineapple will spoil then attract insect, not so good rite.....

I also think that pineapple - ong lye is good... symbolise 'wang', 'ong'. Just feel funny that all of a sudden, she hang the pineapple, maybe she also wana to 'ong' together...

Tompang also... hee...

haha, there are only 4 units at our place per level, 2 neighbours are not chinese (confirmed) and one last one, whose unit is facing me.. dunno whether is chinese or not, anyway our doors dun face each other.. shouldn't matter right?