Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
luvshosho

Advice Needed For This Quotation For 3rm Flat

Hi all, I need advice regarding the quotation given to me by my designer. I feel he's charging me at a high price. Can someone look through and let me know? *URGENT*

Many thanks.

PACKAGE PRICE $14688

1) supply & lay ceramic design tiles to kitchen wall

2) supply & lay non slip homogeneous tiles to kitchen floor

3) supply & lay design ceramic tiles to Master Bathroom wall

4) supply & lay design ceramic tiles to Common Bathroom wall

5) supply & lay non slip homogeneous tiles to Master Bathroom floor

6) supply & lay non slip homogeneous tiles to Common Bathroom floor

7) apply water proofing chemical to kitchen and both bathroom floors

8) supply & construct 50mm kitchen cabinet base

9) supply & construct 50mm refrigerator base

10) supply & construct 50mm washing machine base

11) supply & run copper piping to kitchen & both bathrooms (single way)

12) supply & install WC suite to both bathrooms

13) supply & install wash basin to both bathrooms

14) supply labour to install kitcehn sink

15) supply labour to install bathroom accessories to both bathrooms

16) supply & lay new outlet pipe for kitchen sink

17) supply & lay new outlet pipe for washing machine

18) supply labour to install instant heater x 2 (provided by owner)

19) supply labour to hack off kitchen wall & floor tiles

20) supply labour to hack off both bathroom wall and floor tiles

21) fabricate & install aluminium bilfolding door with colour acrylic for Master Bathroom

22) fabricate & install aluminium bilfolding door with colour acrylic for Common Bathroom

including top hung fixed panel with aluminium frame & acrylic panel.

23) supply & lay protection covering to whole house floor finish

24) provide chemical washing to whole house flooring

25) supply & install classic door - 3 sets

Change to solid nyatoh door - sets

26) To supply new doorframes for 2 bedrooms & 1 storeroom

27) To supply labor construct the doorframe

28) S/s rubbish chute at kitchen including labour to install

** PACKAGE SPECIAL

to install 20ft top and bottom kitchen cabinet in solid ply laminate fin $1000

to install 10ft solid surface top with backsplash for kitchen worktop FOC

-------------------------------------------END OF PACKAGE PRICING---------------------------------------------

ADDITIONAL ITEMS

1) supply labour to hack off Living & 2 bedrooms floor tiles $950.00

2) supply & lay 60x60 china granite with teakwood skirting to Living & 2 bedrooms $4,102.00

3) dismantle & dispose of existing kitchen cabinet $200.00

4a) supply & paint whole house wall & ceiling using ICI / Nippon emulsion paint $800.00

4b) supply & paint all doors, frame, piping & gate using gloss paint $100.00

5) supply & install solid nyatoh swing door with lockset for main entrance $600.00

6) to do smooth plastering to ceiling and wall for whole house $1,400.00

7) supply & install aluminium main gate with bronze materials $420.00

8) to apply sealer paint to all wall and ceiling - whole house $100.00

9a) to supply & install design light holder **** $580.00

9b) to construct false ceiling at passageway to kitchen $150.00

10) To construct low wall with tiles finish at kitchen washing machine area $380.00

11) To construct 3ft(L) kitchen cabinet base for full height cabinet $50.00

12) To hack off kitchen cabinet base $80.00

13) hack off existing floor tiles 3pc & 5pc of wall tiles & supply new floor & wall tiles at kitchen $150.00

14) Supply tiles & materials to lay back floor & wall tiles(including transport fee) $30.00

15) To construct arch at bedroom corridor & kitchen entrance(4nos) $60

16) To supply & install new doorframe at main entrance $130.00

17) supply & install aluminum sliding window at kitchen & master bedroom only(43sqft) $620.00

18) Supply & install louver window at two toilets $300.00

19) To supply & install aluminum sliding window griller for whole house(96sqft) $620.00

20) Supply & install aluminum cloth hanging at kitchen ceiling(1set) $40.00

2.1) supply 1box(20sqft) of living hall floor til,1box of kitchen wall tile(20sqft) & floor tiles(12sqft) including delivery fee FOC

22) Supply & lay floor tiles at staircase low wall & pebbles crystal stone at 2step staircase at main entrance. FOC

23) To apply one coating sealer & painting partition at two bedrooms $60

24) Fabricate & install top hung cabinet in laminate finish & "ABS" trimming for all door(Add 5.5ft-L) $550

25) Fabricate & install bottom cabinet in laminate finish & "ABS" trimming for all door(Add 4ft-L) $440

26) Fabricate & install full height cabinet in laminate finish & "ABS" trimming for al door to cover drainage pipe at kitchen(1.5ft-L) $330

27) Supply & install solid work top for bottom kitchen cabinet.(Add 4.5ft-L) $360

28) Supply labor to install hood at kitchen $60

29) Fabricate & install wooden shelve at store room wall 2pc $60

TOTAL AMOUNT = $15369.60

TOTAL COST AFTER DISCOUNT= $13392

-----------------------------END OF ADDITIONAL ITEMS COST-------------------------------------------------------

ELECTRICAL SERVICES

15 lighting points $570

3 telephone points $180

2 heater points $180

1 doorbell point FOC

3 SCV points $330

1 SCV splitter $90

5 13amp power socket single $250

11 13amp power socket double $715

1 15amp power socket $100

1 new DB c/w ELCB&MCB $280

1 earth bonding $60

15 installation of light $120

1 installation of doorbell FOC

1 3 core cable to hob/hood $45

1 reposition of extg. power point (L/sum) $80

TOTAL AMOUNT = $3000

TOTAL AMOUNT DISCOUNT = $2550

TOTAL AMOUNT FOR RENOVATION FOR A 3 RM FLAT = $31,010.00

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

not worth the quote.

find few more quotes to compare. try to find at least 5 of it and compare. try to find out on their workmanship and their service.

now nippon and ici are having promotion on their painting service. you can view on it, they provide higher quality of paintings then some ID or contractors.

You can take a look on the link below.

Nippon Paint

ICI Paint

Hi all,

thanks for your replies!

The problem is, the ID has almost completed the renovation works and now we are pending for the touching up. He showed us this quotation and I was quite surprised at the amount. That's why I needed help because I do not know how this market works.

And also, we are not really happy with the finishing with the painting (visible wrinkles on the walls). They promised to plaster and paint the ceilings and walls of the whole house but the storeroom is left untouched and many areas aren't smooth at all. We had alot of problems with this ID.

So I assume the EW is around 2k? because the ID told us the electrician pulled alot of colourful long wires directly to the appliances, that's why we are paying this much for this quality of work.

Additional item 13 and 14 is because initially we wanted to build one cabinet but in the end we decided to hack it off, that's why it is charged.

He promised to hand over the keys to us at end of october. and because of alot of problems, it has been delayed for close to a month, causing us to rent a room to stay outside !!-.-

Can anyone teach me how to "bargain"?

what is stated on the contract? or you didn't sign a contract at all?

you can try to bargain for compensation of the rental outside but that's about it

he has already done the job so you got to pay for it :dunno:

There's 2 contracts.

The first one is the package + additional items 1 to 10. I have signed that already.

The second one (the rest of the items) I havent signed yet because I want to negotiate with my ID.

:dunno:

Yah, you can ask ur ID to rectify all the problems before the final payment. How come you got a shock when he show you the quotation? I suppose you have look at the quote before proceeding with the reno. Unless you add a lot of additional reno work during the course of the reno.

what is stated on the contract? or you didn't sign a contract at all?

you can try to bargain for compensation of the rental outside but that's about it

he has already done the job so you got to pay for it :dunno:

Hi all,

thanks for your replies!

The problem is, the ID has almost completed the renovation works and now we are pending for the touching up. He showed us this quotation and I was quite surprised at the amount. That's why I needed help because I do not know how this market works.

And also, we are not really happy with the finishing with the painting (visible wrinkles on the walls). They promised to plaster and paint the ceilings and walls of the whole house but the storeroom is left untouched and many areas aren't smooth at all. We had alot of problems with this ID.

So I assume the EW is around 2k? because the ID told us the electrician pulled alot of colourful long wires directly to the appliances, that's why we are paying this much for this quality of work.

Additional item 13 and 14 is because initially we wanted to build one cabinet but in the end we decided to hack it off, that's why it is charged.

He promised to hand over the keys to us at end of october. and because of alot of problems, it has been delayed for close to a month, causing us to rent a room to stay outside :dunno:-.-

Can anyone teach me how to "bargain"?

this is werid, y u didnt look at the quotation before letting them to do the reno works?

if u can take the pics on the affect area would be great. show us the whole things which is being affect. we would like to see how are the affected thingy. hope can help u to bargain...

Ya, we added in some stuff and changed some of the things. That's why when the 2nd quotation came in, i was surprised how come so much. =X

first of all, try to recall what are the things which is being added? y ur ID didnt tell you about how much is required to top up? also everything need you to sign before they can start the work.

since you not yet sign you can bargain for it.

the above is just plain BS. ask anyone here, whose electrician DID not pulled a lot of colourful long wires to the sockets and lights??? :dunno:

ask your ID to open up a Double socket, if there are separate wires going into each socket then fine...maybe just ask for a disccount.

meaning - a double socket having 2 separate wires all the way from the main.

the market norm is only 1 wire for a double socket, some worse - 1 wire for 2x or 3x double socket.

Luvshosho should buy Guru Mace lunch & engage him to deal with the electrician. Contractors will exploit those who are not so knowledgeable. I experienced it. If u appear gong gong tai tai, they will tell u a lot of nonsense, only after u ask around, then u realise the falsehoods.