Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
katvolution

Humble Abode For Him & Me

Finally, I am able to squeeze some time to start a T-blog of my own. :)

Collected keys to my new home in the East last month. Been to my new home for a few times but always forget to bring my camera along. 8|8|

Will be making a trip down again this weekend to capture some pictures of the bare house. Had already started with the 1st stage of renovations.

HACKING!!

Last weekend, my boy and I went to our new place to inspect the progress of the hacking. The flooring of the whole house is completed. The wall tiles of the kitchen and both toilets are also gone. The workers were clearing off the mess when we last visited.

If nothing goes wrong, they should be starting to hack the 3 walls yesterday. :P

Before I continued on, this is the floorplan of my future nest.

Located in the Eastern part of Singapore. A total area of 148sqm. :furious:

Floorplan01.jpg

There are a few walls to be hacked down. The walls in yellow are to be hacked down, while the wall in blue had already been hacked down by previous owner. I will be re-constructing walls at the openings marked in pink. Alot of major hacking!! :P

We will be going up again this weekend to supervise the progress. This time round, will remember to bring my camera along to capture the changes.

As for our furniture, we had bought most of the major items.

1) Philips 37" LCD TV for the living room. - Sitting unopened in my boy's room now. ;)

2) Pioneer 32" LCD TV for MBR. - Buying it on this Friday.

3) Samsung white fridge. - From Harvey Norman, delivering in Jan.

4) Washing Machine - Getting this Friday, either a front load Electrolux OR top load Toshiba.

5) Fabric L-shape sofa - From Red Apple, delivering in Jan.

6) Round Dining Table with 4 chairs - From Red Apple, delivering in Jan.

7) King-sized bed with mattress - From Furniture Mall. (Forgot the brand and shop name!8|!) 8|

8) Philips Vaccum Cleaner - Sitting unopened in my boy's room now. ;)

9) Samsung Home Theatre System - Sitting unopened in my boy's room now. (I don't know the exact model, must go back and check.) 8|

10) Motorola Cord + Cordless phone - From Harvey Norman, sitting unopened in my boy's room now.

In fact, we got most of the items long before we got our keys from HDB. Too anxious le. Hehe!:furious: Now, we are still lacking of coffee table, lightings, and all the kitchen and toilet accessories.

I don't know what else can I update as this is my 1st flat, so pardon me if you find me repeating myself a sentence twice or find me blabbering nonsense k? 8|

Will update again after my next visit to my home and of course, with photos!! :P8|

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Located in the Eastern part of Singapore. A total area of 148sqm. :yamseng:

Wow, your house is really big! :furious:

An EA? Entrance is from the balcony?

Congrats and enjoy the renovation process. Fun at times.

hahaha let me be the first to spam :furious: :furious:

Thanks Apple for being the 1st to spam!! :furious:

Wow, your house is really big! :notti:

An EA? Entrance is from the balcony?

Congrats and enjoy the renovation process. Fun at times.

Hello S&S!! It looks big on paper only bah.. Perhaps I am used to seeing it liao, so, find it ok lar.. Not really very big. And yes, it's an EA. I don't really like the balcony to be located just at the entrance. Will prefer a service balcony instead. Can hide my barang barang there.. :yamseng:

Renovation had just started and it's consider enjoyable but taxing to my pockets. Anyway, thanks for dropping by!! :furious:

wah 146sqm not very big, much bigger than almost all the EA in SK liao leh :good:

overall, i'd say the renovation process is really enjoyable

until now, i'm still thinking about it and :notti: :notti: over pix of other's process

pix pix !!

wah 146sqm not very big, much bigger than almost all the EA in SK liao leh !!

overall, i'd say the renovation process is really enjoyable

until now, i'm still thinking about it and !! !! over pix of other's process

pix pix :D

The 1st time I got my keys and opened the door and stepped in, I do think it looks big.. Maybe my eyes had got used to seeing it liao. Somehow, I still find it small leh!! :yamseng: But I think, only the living room is big. The rooms are ok lar..

I was supposed to go down to 'witness' the start of the laying of tiles. But something cropped up, thus no pics for the moment. :thumbs up: Will be taking a day off this Friday to check out the progress. :unsure:

hello.. nice squarish house u got there. :dunno:

Thanks Phoenix. :sport-smiley-004: Loved the squarish layout. Better for FS too.. :rolleyes:

哇! 羡慕死人啦! 1600尺, 咁仲唔算大啊? 太惊人啦! :D

yippee that means this weekend got pix to :dribble::jammin: liao

Hee. Yup.. I am also dying to take pictures!:dancingqueen: :dancingqueen:

哇! 羡慕死人啦! 1600尺, 咁仲唔算大啊? 太惊人啦! :notti:

:dunno: Big area will spend more $$.. Got pros and cons. :ph34r:

Took leave on Friday to check out my flat for progress. The hacking are cleared and they had started with laying the tiles in the bathrooms.

Just 1 complain. They forgot to hack away the old cornices.. 8| Got to make a trip down again this weekend to make sure that the cornices are gone for good..

This time, I remembered my camera!! Took loads of pictures. Check them out. :curse:

IMG_0449.jpg

Taken outside my main door.

IMG_0450.jpg

My foyer area.

IMG_0453.jpg

Another view of my foyer.

IMG_0474.jpg

Foyer after the cement screeding.

IMG_0454.jpg

Standing at the foyer, picture of my living room.

IMG_0455.jpg

It's the study room on the right. But we are using it as dining room instead. :notti:

IMG_0456.jpg

Dining room. The ugly cornices will go too.. :jammin:

IMG_0470.jpg

This my cosy corner. Will be building a platform here.

IMG_0469.jpg

Up-close shot of my cosy corner. See the grey re-construct wall? It is supposed to be the door of common room 1, but we sealed it up for more privacy.

IMG_0473.jpg

Took this shot while standing in my cosy corner. The door on the left leads to the kitchen, but we will be sealing it up and reopening a door at the right corner instead. In this case, there will be more space for my stove, cause it cannot face the entrance.

IMG_0465.jpg

This is supposed to the a common room 1. But due to FS, we are using it as the MBR. The original MBR will be converted to a WIW and study room. Walls are hacked down as well.

IMG_0478.jpg

The original MBR. The grey re-constructed wall was originally the door of the MBR's toilet. Sealed it up and opened the door at the other end due to space constraint of my shower area.

This part of the room will also be transformed into our study room.

IMG_0479.jpg

The right side of the original MBR. This part will be used for our WIW. See the opening on the left? It is supposed to the storeroom but the previous owner hacked it to join with the MBR. We had hacked the bathroom wall and it will be a longer bathroom, consisting of wet & dry area, which will be joined with the WIW and formed an L shape. :)

IMG_0481.jpg

Common room 1 had been hacked to join our WIW and study room. This will be where we sleep in future. :notti:

IMG_0477.jpg

Common room 2. My mahjong room in future!! :)

IMG_0462.jpg

The 2 tiles I am using for both my bathrooms.

IMG_0471.jpg

This is the common toilet. Black as the main colour with grey as the highlight.

IMG_0472.jpg

This is the MBR bathroom. The same colours but layout is alternate of each other. The contrast is not big as the tiles are still dirty.

IMG_0457.jpg

Lastly, my kitchen. I am unable to take a proper picture due to the angle lar.. Can't show the whole thing.. This is how it looks when I am standing at the entrance of it.

IMG_0458.jpg

This is the right side of the kitchen. My kitchen is consider quite big.. That's what my contractor claimed. The carpentry here cost me a bomb.. :paint:

I will also be having full height cabinets on the other side of the kitchen. Will take pictures of them when the carpentry is up.

Other than checking out my flat, I also went shopping with my boy. We finally got our lightings and all the necessary items for our bathrooms and kitchen.

Some pictures of our purchases.

IMG_0485.jpg

This is going to be in our dining room. My boy loves it to bits!! It cost us $470 for it. It comes with blue LEDs, and LEDs that gives out warm light. It can be switched to either blue or warm lights, or 2 together!!

Did not take any pictures of other lights cause we were rushing for time. Total damage for lightings - $1200. False ceiling lights not included.

IMG_0487.jpg

This will be our rain-shower for our MBR bathroom.

IMG_0488.jpg

The basin for our common toilet.

IMG_0486.jpg

A normal looking tap to go with the common toilet's basin.

IMG_0493.jpg

Our stove.

IMG_0492.jpg

Kitchen sink from Teka.

IMG_0495.jpg

Slim fit design for our hood.

IMG_0494.jpg

Very sleek looking tap for the kitchen.

IMG_0496.jpg

2 WC for our MBR's bathroom and common toilet.

IMG_0497.jpg

The brand of our WC. Cost us a freaking $280 each!!

IMG_0498.jpg

Some other add-hoc accessories for our bathroom and toilet.

Total damage : $2800. :jammin::curse:

No basin needed for our MBR as we are using the moulded table top. Will get the tap for it later.. :)

Still need to get a shower unit for the common toilet. Debating on whether to get a rain-shower or normal water heater for it. We shall decide after buying other needed items. Burst our budget already!:notti:! :paint::)

Till date, had already spent 20K+- on the furnishings and applicances. Reno cost is about 45k-50k.. If we go on shopping for the house, I think I will need to eat bread for the next 3 months.. :notti:8|

More pictures will be up soon.. :)

hey, you layout is 99% similiar to my sis-in-law place at the east part of spore too! its really very spacious!

After all the hacking, you're left with only 1 bedroom (common room 2)?