Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
katvolution

Humble Abode For Him & Me

hey, you layout is 99% similiar to my sis-in-law place at the east part of spore too! its really very spacious!

After all the hacking, you're left with only 1 bedroom (common room 2)?

Hi pebsb, where is ur sis-in-law's place? Maybe she is my neighbour? :P

After all the hacking, I am left with common room 2 lor.. Cause, the MBR is transformed into a WIW and studyroom. Common room 1 becomes my sleeping room. Then the original study room becomes my dining room. Original dining area turns into our cosy drinking corner..

But luckily, my living room is big enuff.. Even if future, I need the dining room for kids or what, I can shift my table out, and use that room as a common road again.. :unsure:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi pebsb, where is ur sis-in-law's place? Maybe she is my neighbour? :P

After all the hacking, I am left with common room 2 lor.. Cause, the MBR is transformed into a WIW and studyroom. Common room 1 becomes my sleeping room. Then the original study room becomes my dining room. Original dining area turns into our cosy drinking corner..

But luckily, my living room is big enuff.. Even if future, I need the dining room for kids or what, I can shift my table out, and use that room as a common road again.. :unsure:

I dont know her exact address (i only know how to go there..haha), but its near Loyang point.

R u using ID or contractor? did they give you a revised floor layout plan with the furnitures in? Actually your kitchen is quite spacious - can fit your dining table in or have an island!

I dont know her exact address (i only know how to go there..haha), but its near Loyang point.

R u using ID or contractor? did they give you a revised floor layout plan with the furnitures in? Actually your kitchen is quite spacious - can fit your dining table in or have an island!

I think my place really quite near to Loyang Point leh.. :help: I had not explored the surroundings yet. Only know that there is a mosque nearby.. Maybe we are talking about the same area bah. :bangwall:

I tell you ar, my layout of the kitchen had changed 3 times liao.. All because both my boy and I always change here and there.. Initially, we wanted to do an L with a breakfast table. Then we bought a fridge that needs quite some space, and ended up revising the layout again..

Then after that, due to FS, we changed the positions of the layout too.. My kitchen is really quite big.. But the idea of doing an island had never occured to us leh, don't know why also.. :notti:

But on the left side of the wall of the kitchen, we will be doing full height cabinets, to box up the pipes, as well as to create more storage space. If we put island, might be a little bit squeezy bah.. I am very clumsy one.. Later will bump here and there while cooking.. Better not..

But I did thought of putting a pool table in my living room.. :bangwall:

Some small hiccups last night. Nothing to do with the workers. It's my own toopid mistake. I am supposed to get rainshower for my common bathroom too. But got it wrong and bought a 707 instant heater instead. :fire: Blur me..

Called up the shop to check whether we can changed the already paid and collected instant heater to a set of rainshower instead. Lucky the sales person is cool about it and right after dinner, we rushed down to change before the shop closes at 8.30pm. Topped up another 350+ for a rainshower set and another tap for our MBR. :)

Another pek chek thing.

The lightings shop was supposed to arrange for delivery yesterday for 5 items. In the end, we only received 4 items. :furious: The worst thing is, they did not bother to inform us when they fail to deliver 1 of the item. :curse:

After changing the bathroom accessories, we rushed down to Balestier to 'confront' them about the missing item. They gave such a toopid excuse saying that, the delivery man forgot about it and left it in his delivery truck. 8|8|

So irresponsible.. They should at least notify us in the 1st place mah.. Not only say they just realized the miss-out AFTER we approached them. :furious::furious:

They promised the delivery today. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Very stressed up. Ordered a sofa and dining table from Red Apple from IMM. Delivery was supposed to be in Jan 08. Called them up but their store claimed that my invoice number is invalid and asked me to check with the sales!!!!!! :furious::furious::furious:

Had read up previously in another thread of how problematic their logistics can be. Now, I really got a taste of it liao. 8|:bangwall: If nothing works out right, my boy and I will be making a trip down to IMM this weekend. :(

Talking about all the negative happenings really dampen my mood. Arghh..

I also went to view my flat last night at 9plus.. Very late le, so no photos now. Will be making another trip down tomorrow for some photo-taking. At least, I know the flooring is done liao. It feels more like a home already. :rofl::lol:

Went up to my place on Saturday and took some pictures of the progress of the reno.

IMG_0507.jpg

The flooring for the living room is finally done. Can't really tell from this photo as there were cardboards covering the floor.

IMG_0506.jpg

That's how my tiles looked upclose.. A nice shade of brown. :jawdrop:

IMG_0508.jpg

I am not doing any skirting.. Preferred it to look simple. MaCe had also mentioned that without skirting, the crawling pests will have nowhere to hide.. :(

IMG_0504.jpg

Flooring for the MBR bathroom. :jawdrop:

IMG_0514.jpg

Flooring for the common toilet also done..

IMG_0510.jpg

My kitchen. The flooring is done. The cabinet bases are up too. :jawdrop:

IMG_0513.jpg

The left side of the kitchen. The base is for full height cabinets. For storage as well as to box up the pipings.

IMG_0512.jpg

That's how my kitchen tiles looked upclose.

IMG_0516.jpg

My foyer area is under going the tiling process.

IMG_0517.jpg

That's my foyer tiles upclose. Black tiles with prints..

IMG_0515.jpg

The ugly cornices are finally gone!! :(

IMG_0505.jpg

They are also starting on my aircon piping liao.. ;)

Not much updates except for the flooring. I am awaiting patiently for my carpentry and my false ceiling to be up.. :jawdrop::unsure:

wah i like your foyer tiles, very very nice

reminds me of the carvings on pyramid chambers :wub: :wub:

Thanks Applefreak. :) We burst our budget. :sport-smiley-003: That's why we chose to do cement screed for the foyer area, thus need to choose a matching dark black or grey tiles to match it. Hopefully, the combination will turn out fine. :yamseng:

More than a month since I last updated.. Been up to my home for a couple of times, but always without camera. :)

Just xie tu this morning and here I am, with new pictures. Nothing much, as most of the carpentry and all of the furnishings are not in yet..

IMG_0520.jpg

My balcony with all the tiles nicely done up.

IMG_0547.jpg

After washing, the tiles seemed to work their magic.. Just pity that the door is a not-so-nice green.. But no choice, that's supposingly our FS colour.. :(

IMG_0533.jpg

That's my bare kitchen, waiting for the carpentry to be up.. The lights are already up liao.. :)

IMG_0551.jpg

Here's my half done up kitchen.. Look kind of dark coz the I forgot to on the lights. :bangwall: The space on the extreme left is for my washing machine, and the fridge will be placed at the extreme right.

IMG_0550.jpg

My full height cabinets that covered up the ugly pipings and of course, they will serve their purpose as a store room. :notti:

IMG_0532.jpg

The common toilet.. The angle is rather weird, so I did not manage to take the whole toilet.. :bleah:

IMG_0530.jpg

The window with its ventilator fan.

IMG_0548.jpg

Black boxed up for my pipings.. That's the light for both the common toilet as well as the MBR's bathroom.

IMG_0539.jpg

My MBR's bathroom. Fixtures are not up yet..

IMG_0552.jpg

MBR's bathroom with the window and ventilator fan. Really love the black and grey tiles.. :notti:

IMG_0525.jpg

The wall of my dining room. Undergoing make over process..

IMG_0535.jpg

Tadah!!! That's how it look like after the final paintcoat with the lightings up. There will be a mirror placed in the pigeon hole.. Can't wait to see the final result.. ;)

IMG_0543.jpg

My mahjong room.

IMG_0544.jpg

The left side wall of the mahjong room. Love the contrast of the colours.. :D

IMG_0538.jpg

The original MBR is being transformed into a study room cum WIW. The opening on the left is the study room, and the opening on the right is my WIW, which is also linked to my bathroom. :dunno:

IMG_0537.jpg

The left opening, which is my study room. Furniture are not in yet.. Will be in by end of the month..

IMG_0540.jpg

The right opening, which is my WIW. The door on the far left leads to my bathroom. WIW carpentry will be up this week. :dribble:

IMG_0536.jpg

Then, my MBR. Most likely, we will be placing a wallpaper on the creme colour wall coz we found it too plain. :P

IMG_0542.jpg

The cosy corner without any platform but with false ceiling lights on.

IMG_0553.jpg

The done up platform using veneer for our cosy corner. Forgot to on the lights. :bangwall:

IMG_0546.jpg

That's how my living room look when I am standing at my cosy corner.. :(

Hopefully, all the carpentry will be up by end of this week.. That's all for today folks.. :yamseng:

WAH SEI.. nice place sia.. i love your mbr and toilet. :yamseng:

btw, how come no door at your mbr? you doing open concept ah??

can i ask you something?? how much it cost you for sealing up the walls with downlights in your mbr??

WAH SEI.. nice place sia.. i love your mbr and toilet. :yamseng:

btw, how come no door at your mbr? you doing open concept ah??

can i ask you something?? how much it cost you for sealing up the walls with downlights in your mbr??

Xie xie Xinyi.. 8|

Wait a minute for all your questions.. You were asking about my MBR door issit? Which door are you referring to? The main door from the living room that leads to my MBR is sealed up. The only way to enter is through the door that leads directly to the WIW and study room. For that, we will have the original door. As for the entrance from the walkway to the WIW, there will be a sliding wooden door.. Not yet up yet..

From the walkway to my study room, it is doorless. From the walkway to my MBR, it is currently doorless too.. We are thinking about putting something like string curtains etc.. Don't want so many doors in a single room coz we had already merged the 2 rooms together..

Putting another door will defeat the purpose of it right? 8|

As for the sealing up of walls with downlights for my MBR? Which picture are you referring to? My MBR is currently empty leh.. Are you talking about the pigeon whole with 3 downlights? :D

hi kat,

woah, sure love your foyer tiles :D very outstanding 8|

btw, on the aircon pipings, no trunking?

Thanks for your compliments.. Actually, we did not place much focus on the foyer area.. Budget budget!! Our main focus of the house is in the living room, kitchen, MBR and WIW..

Errr.. As for aircon pipings, I am supposed to take photos of them too right? Totally forgot about it till you mentioned it.. Seriously hor, the aircon ppl also coordinate with my boy on the trunking.. I totally had no idea how it runs or where it is.. :yamseng:

Tell you what, I will take some photos of it when I drop by these days.. Will be going up to check on my carpentry too.. But if I remembered correctly, the pipings and trunkings are more at the miniway of my merged rooms..

Xie xie Xinyi.. :notti:

Wait a minute for all your questions.. You were asking about my MBR door issit? Which door are you referring to? The main door from the living room that leads to my MBR is sealed up. The only way to enter is through the door that leads directly to the WIW and study room. For that, we will have the original door. As for the entrance from the walkway to the WIW, there will be a sliding wooden door.. Not yet up yet..

From the walkway to my study room, it is doorless. From the walkway to my MBR, it is currently doorless too.. We are thinking about putting something like string curtains etc.. Don't want so many doors in a single room coz we had already merged the 2 rooms together..

Putting another door will defeat the purpose of it right? :good:

As for the sealing up of walls with downlights for my MBR? Which picture are you referring to? My MBR is currently empty leh.. Are you talking about the pigeon whole with 3 downlights? :yamseng:

AHH okok.. abit difficult to visualised.. heh~ next time take more pics.. :D

ya, i am asking the piqeon hole with the 3 downlights..

AHH okok.. abit difficult to visualised.. heh~ next time take more pics.. :yamseng:

ya, i am asking the piqeon hole with the 3 downlights..

Ya.. Abit hard.. No need to take more pictures.. I already did my best to take from ALL angles liao.. The new built-up walls obstruct me taking pics leh.. No choice.. I tell you what lar.. No need pictures.. My house warming, I will make sure you come over and see for yourself.. :notti:

The pigeon hole with downlights is not my MBR.. That's my dining room.. I will be putting a mirror in the pigeon hole.. As for the price, I need to go back and check my quotation.. You wanna do it too? Which part of the house do you intend to do it?

I did ask the guy before.. He said, he does partial jobs too.. The other time you were saying, whether ppl do partial jobs for just an area right? He does it..

Other than checking out my flat, I also went shopping with my boy. We finally got our lightings and all the necessary items for our bathrooms and kitchen.

Some pictures of our purchases.

IMG_0485.jpg

This is going to be in our dining room. My boy loves it to bits!! It cost us $470 for it. It comes with blue LEDs, and LEDs that gives out warm light. It can be switched to either blue or warm lights, or 2 together!!

Did not take any pictures of other lights cause we were rushing for time. Total damage for lightings - $1200. False ceiling lights not included.

IMG_0487.jpg

This will be our rain-shower for our MBR bathroom.

IMG_0488.jpg

The basin for our common toilet.

IMG_0486.jpg

A normal looking tap to go with the common toilet's basin.

/quote]

Hi katvolution,

Those Picture i was refering to. :dancingqueen: Where you Buy it, And can share your ID Or contractor? How their workmanship? Can PM me also can... :dancingqueen: