Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
johnhome

Fujitsu Vs Mitsubishi Air Con

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I've used both. Though not sure about the technical parts which you are asking here... but can share my experiences.....

Fujitsu - air is cool unlike Mits. The room farest away from the compressor even when on the lowest temp seems hot on a hot night. Need to switch on the fan to circulate the air.

Mits - Think can save $$ in electrical. Cos we didn't use Fujitsu at our new house, just fan and frequently on the Mits air con at our old house. The bill came to abt the same. Still monitoring cos been only a few months in the new house. Of course, the size of the house differ too which may have an influence on the bill too.

I think mits design not so nice. But should be easier to clean and maintain.

I've used both. Though not sure about the technical parts which you are asking here... but can share my experiences.....

Fujitsu - air is cool unlike Mits. The room farest away from the compressor even when on the lowest temp seems hot on a hot night. Need to switch on the fan to circulate the air.

Mits - Think can save $$ in electrical. Cos we didn't use Fujitsu at our new house, just fan and frequently on the Mits air con at our old house. The bill came to abt the same. Still monitoring cos been only a few months in the new house. Of course, the size of the house differ too which may have an influence on the bill too.

I think mits design not so nice. But should be easier to clean and maintain.

i am also interest to know abt Fujitsu aircon.. cos it has higher VA compare to Starmex 28VA which can go out new flat aircon windows ledge.

Fujitsu > AOY36VMNM4 / 3 X ASY9VM / ASY18VM

http://www.coolserve.com.sg/htmdocs/produc...ils.asp?id=1479

Mitsubishi Electric > MXY-4A28VA / 3 X MSXY-GA10VA / MSXY-GD18VA

http://www.coolserve.com.sg/htmdocs/produc...ils.asp?id=1914

how is it?

Can consider purchasing the newly launched model from Fujitsu, which we did for our new house.

The model number is AOY30LM4 / ASYA9LA X 3 / ASYA18LA. It has 4 ticks for energy label instead of 2 compared to the VM model.

Was contemplating against Mitsubishi but finally decided on Fujitsu because we feel that

1) Aesthetically it is more appealing

2) New model (the existing model for Mitsubishi has been around for quite some time)

The downside is that according to the technician who installed my air-con, Mitsubishi is definitely much easier to maintain.

Help! Can't decide on which of the following combo to choose for our new house:

1. Mitsubishi Heavy System 3 Inverter (3 bedrms) + Mitsubishi Heavy System 1 Non-inverter (living)

2. Mitsubishi Heavy System 3 Inverter (3 bedrms) + Fujitsu System 1 Inverter (living)

3. Fujitsu System 3 Inverter (3 bedrms) + Fujitsu System 1 Inverter (living)

According to the sales person, Mitsubishi Heavy got better air-flow (3D Air), self-cleaning features and 24hr ions release. But then its System 1 doesn't have Inverter models available yet.

Fujitsu is the quietest, got Inverter models for System 1 and looks nicer.

Price wise about the same.

Is MH really better in terms of air flow compared to Fujitsu? Is Fujitsu much quieter compared to MH? I've heard from someone that Fujitsu leaks water easily... true?

maintenance for fujitsu is higher and difficult. i used before, and when do chemical wash the uncle charge me more higher price than other brand , he said because it's too complicated the inside.

im one of fujitsu fans brand

my laptop also fujitsu brand, but when need to maintain its a heartache :bangwall:

Well I am currently using the Fujitsu system 3 for my new home. So far so good. Well as for self-cleaning, not too sure if you got hear the comments from the non-Mit salesman, but true to certain extend that because the fin (the moveable part that enables us to clean the internal of the fancoil) has a catch, which in an event where the fin catch is spolit or its not placed properly on the fancoil, it will not be able to be switched on. If the fin is really spolited, then you have to pay about 100+ for the new fin.

Also for Fujitsu, it has a fan dry function which enables the "self-cleaning" of the fan-coil. The only other brand (if I am not mistaken) should be MHI. You can go to the aircon shop to clarify.

As for choice, I would rather you narrow down between Toshiba (because its made in Japan) or Fujitsu. True to certain extend the current Mit. aircon are 4 years old technology. As one of the salesperson had put it to me ("If the easy clean is so good, then all the other brands will follow and copy this concept")

Cheers.

Hihi,

I was previously using a Fujitsu and recently purchased a new set of Fujitsu System 4 Inverter Aircon, AOY30LM4 for my new house. All the while i have my airconditioners maintained by Fujitsu's agent as they provide servicing contract( general service your FCU every 3 months ) know the equipment best, reliable and most importantly the price and service provided.

I had a few bad experiences with those servicing people who told me that servicing cost $20, but i end up paying $70. One of these unauthorised service guy came, all he did was wash the cover and filter. After that he went to check my outdoor unit and said " not enough gas ar, have to pump more gas. Pump gas $50". After the whole ordeal, my aircon is still not cold and water leaking.

Then i decided to call for professional help, i called Fujitsu's agent. After explaining my situation to them, they reccomended me to sign up a servicing package up with them. They even offered to give me a special trial rate for $35 per FCU.

I was sold right from the very first time, when i saw how their servicing guys service my aircon. They dismantle the cover, wash the filters, cross flow fan, drain pan, flush my drainage pipes with a hose and after everything is done. They even check the gas pressure and make sure everything is function correctly before they leave. All this for just $35 per unit!!!

Fujitsu is the brand to purchase, as they really provide a hassle free one stop service.

Hihi,

I was previously using a Fujitsu and recently purchased a new set of Fujitsu System 4 Inverter Aircon, AOY30LM4 for my new house. All the while i have my airconditioners maintained by Fujitsu's agent as they provide servicing contract( general service your FCU every 3 months ) know the equipment best, reliable and most importantly the price and service provided.

I had a few bad experiences with those servicing people who told me that servicing cost $20, but i end up paying $70. One of these unauthorised service guy came, all he did was wash the cover and filter. After that he went to check my outdoor unit and said " not enough gas ar, have to pump more gas. Pump gas $50". After the whole ordeal, my aircon is still not cold and water leaking.

Then i decided to call for professional help, i called Fujitsu's agent. After explaining my situation to them, they reccomended me to sign up a servicing package up with them. They even offered to give me a special trial rate for $35 per FCU.

I was sold right from the very first time, when i saw how their servicing guys service my aircon. They dismantle the cover, wash the filters, cross flow fan, drain pan, flush my drainage pipes with a hose and after everything is done. They even check the gas pressure and make sure everything is function correctly before they leave. All this for just $35 per unit!!!

Fujitsu is the brand to purchase, as they really provide a hassle free one stop service.

Can passed me the contact? This price is for 1 time service or is it part of the package?

Hi hi

Keen on getting the Fujitsu AOY30LM4 compressor. However, my max space thru the window is 780 (H) and 540 (W), and the compressor is 830 x 900 x 330. So it seems to be too big.

Users of this model face this constrain too? Or just leave it to the installers who somehow will be able to squeeze it thru?

Thanks!

birdbird one aircon contractor actually tells me Panasonic compressor cannot pass thru the HDB window, this I didn't go and confirm. But I don't understand why aircon makers will go and make a compressor whose size is not suitable for HDB... hmm... I think better to clarify the size with the aircon installer, they should know better.

Hihihi

Ya, will definitely take the advice of the installer. Just wondering how it could be done. Last thing I want to see happen is they use a sys 3 compressor (which is smaller, as per my catalogue), to pass off as a sys 4 compressor.... heh ... just my imagination running wild there.....