Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hongss

Panasonic Viera Plasma

went to the Sitex today to look for a plasma tv. The salesman from harvey norman says that panasonic viera th-37pv70h no more stock in Sg. As for th-42pv70h, it is price at $1999 with $400 ntuc voucher with 3 yrs agent warranty and 2 yrs free by harvey norman.He said that the 42" LCD panel is made in Japan but assemble in Sg. But someone told me b4 it's assemble in China

My question is:

1.Is it true the the 37'' no more stock in Sg?

2.Which country is th-42pv70h assembled

3.Is a good buy for the 42" tv? How much is this tv selling elsewhere?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

My ans to ur quest 2 is most of the Hi End products had already shift their factory to China so there is nothing wrong to have product MADE IN CHINA, look for the company name as they are the one produce the quality not the country.

Of course if budget wise allow go for the BIGGER !! the better. But pls make sure u have enough distance from ur viewing to the plasma, for 42" shld be ard 3m to ur sofa.

So far the review for 42PV70H is good can be comparable to Pionner Gen 8 if possible check out this Award Winner model TH-42PY700. :bleah:

http://www.panasonic.com.sg/web/pid/4991

http://www.panasonic.com.sg/vierapromo/

Edited by Cantona7

TH-42PY700 is good but off my budget liao..haha

My ans to ur quest 2 is most of the Hi End products had already shift their factory to China so there is nothing wrong to have product MADE IN CHINA, look for the company name as they are the one produce the quality not the country.

Of course if budget wise allow go for the BIGGER !! the better. But pls make sure u have enough distance from ur viewing to the plasma, for 42" shld be ard 3m to ur sofa.

So far the review for 42PV70H is good can be comparable to Pionner Gen 8 if possible check out this Award Winner model TH-42PY700. :bleah:

http://www.panasonic.com.sg/web/pid/4991

http://www.panasonic.com.sg/vierapromo/

the japs no stupid... usually their top of the line models are still made in japan. only the low end budget ones they allow it to be manufactured/assembled else where.

pionner i remember they do have factories in Thailand and Malaysia.

My question is:

I bought mine at GAINCITY / Panasonic marina sq road showa few months ago. $1999 with $400 ntuc voucher is a reasonably good deal for a full HD 42" plasma.

He said that the 42" LCD panel is made in Japan but assemble in Sg. But someone told me b4 it's assemble in China

TH42PV70H is assembled in SG. there's a similar model with just 1 hdmi input that's assembled in china. btw, its plasma not LCD panel.

TH-42PV70H

went to the Sitex today to look for a plasma tv. The salesman from harvey norman says that panasonic viera th-37pv70h no more stock in Sg. As for th-42pv70h, it is price at $1999 with $400 ntuc voucher with 3 yrs agent warranty and 2 yrs free by harvey norman.He said that the 42" LCD panel is made in Japan but assemble in Sg. But someone told me b4 it's assemble in China

My question is:

1.Is it true the the 37'' no more stock in Sg?

2.Which country is th-42pv70h assembled

i had called up one neighborhood shop, they also say no stock for 37PV70...

42PV70 is made in singapore... the best price i have seen so far is $1940, but with only $200 NTUC vouchers...

42PV7 is made in china... best price $1600, with $200 NTUC vouchers...

Went to Sitex yesterday. Panasonic Plasma th42-pv70h is selling at $1799 with 3+2 yrs warranty and $400 voucher. But i end up buying hitachi P42A01A. Cost me $1799 too but comes with only 3 yrs warranty. whole set imported from Japan. Bought 2yrs Harvey Norman extended warranty for $238. Total is $2037. No free gifts.. Hope i made the right choice..:curse:

By the way, those guys that are watching 42" plasma or LCD tv, whats your confortable or recommended viewing distance?

Edited by hongss

By the way, those guys that are watching 42" plasma or LCD tv, whats your confortable or recommended viewing distance?

As mention above recomended is abt 3m distance but normal Sporean like to watch it veri near to the TV (that why most of us all wear Spectacle) :P

Went to Sitex yesterday. Panasonic Plasma th42-pv70h is selling at $1799 with 3+2 yrs warranty and $400 voucher.

Is there any way at all to get back this promotion??? !! Grrr....I wanted to get this TV, then realised too late that Sitex is selling for this fantastic price. Can I just tell them I was overseas and missed the promo, so that I can have it back??? :P:jawdrop:

Is there any way at all to get back this promotion??? !! Grrr....I wanted to get this TV, then realised too late that Sitex is selling for this fantastic price. Can I just tell them I was overseas and missed the promo, so that I can have it back??? :P:jawdrop:

actually pana free voucher promotion extended and ends on 10/12, you can actually call any neighbour shop and ask them to back dated inorder to claim the gift. but the selling price more likely to hover ard $1.9k cause my friend just order yesterday.

anyway christmas is coming so there will be more offer,promotion normally are more aggressive on year end.i,m also waiting for better offer.

hope this help

Edited by alanlim

I've checked with Goh Ah Bee, their voucher is only $200, not $400. :jawdrop: and their prcie is $1940.

I'm also holding back my purchase, if any more such good offers, PLEASE tell me!:P

I've checked with Goh Ah Bee, their voucher is only $200, not $400. !! and their prcie is $1940.

I'm also holding back my purchase, if any more such good offers, PLEASE tell me!:P

try to compare afew shop bf u buy, can try parasilk,woodlands dosmetic,hong liang or new sound just to name afew.i will get mine 1 month later,we can contact via PM. :jawdrop:

why never consider Hitachi lcd panels? IPS technology goot ma.. :notti::notti:

LCD was never made for TV......especially the SD programmes.

anyway, i got my Samsung P9 from HongLiang, great price with cash off from the freebies zz

Edited by tingshen

Good choice.

Did you get the 50" P9? If so were you one of the first 2 to get this model?

Cheers

anyway, i got my Samsung P9 from HongLiang, great price with cash off from the freebies :notti: