Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
gohkm

My Clementi Dream

Hi rina,

Thank you for visiting my blog....i am touched :bow: …..i try to record things I find interesting in my blog…… of cos things about my new house ………….this is the 2nd times I buy a new house…….so I got 2x experience………..i wont spend too much money on renovations…..cos I want a spacious feeling…………..i want to use my furniture to bring out the beauty of my house……..i learn this experience during my reservist…………I was talking to a friend during reservist who bought a resale flat sometimes back also in clementi………he told me he spend $70k++ on renovation…….i am impressed………..so naturally I ask him:” can I visit your place?”……he says difficult……..i ask why?.........he told me his place in a mess(he no time to keep) and very difficult for me to visit…….then I know one thing………spent so much to reno until so nice also no use………....most important is yr house got a spacious feeling……..easy to clean……..and use your furniture to bring out your taste……….one point to note……when u shift house……..u cant bring your renovation wif you…….but you can bring your furniture with you (another lesson I learn)….haha

Ya, I got google ads…………….i am new into this, so please click on my google ads to gimme moral support.

About the lighting……..i am sorry I am not clear enough in my description of the location….i will pm the address when I get back home cos now I am in office…..Btw, that nam wah lighting cheap until u faint………..its near simei and Singapore expo. its just beside Lorenzo warehouse/showroom……….1st floor of Nam Wah cheap already……7th floor of nam Wah cheap until u faint……..ya do seek help from a guy call Malcolm(tall/slim/40s/spectacle/ chinese) or his boss son (1.68m/ slightly round/ spectacle/ Chinese/always walking around to serve customers). That Malcolm guy very steady, talk with experience and no sales talk….even forbid you to spend money wrongly…….haha………That boss son lagi good. Superbly helpful/ cheerful/ understanding/ keep on smiling to you/ attentive………go try yourself and you know…… :bow: .

Uncle Eng Hock always busy….haha……..but once he takes your job………u will forgot your house is doing renovation……..you can relax and just wait for magic to appear to your new house……....you ask him do simple things out of your package………..he do for u so fast that make u appreciate him………….all the things I ask him to do, he do for me already when I go “inspection”…………u ask those HDB contractor do……..they either fly u aeroplane or made u wait long long……….i heard from uncle eng hock some forumers contact him already………

Allow me to clarify what I meant by “HDB contractors”. For new flats, HDB will flat have some of their contractors stationed there. In case u complain wall/window/ ceiling crack, toilet/room door spoilt, basin crack….they will come fix for u. These “HDB contractors” are made up of normally one young/old singapore ah beng and 2 or 3 malaysian workers. Their working style u simply beh tahan or surrender lah…….some more they can offer to help do your house cheaply……..dont accept hor or u sure regret……..they throw u to ****, but uncle eng hock bring you back to heaven….

That’s all……..thank you for visit my blog again…

Cheers

James

Http://www.clementi-heights.blogspot.com

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi all,

Today is a rainy day, not doing anything much.....therefore i make a video of my new home after renovation.............hope you guys enjoy it........

Have a nice weekend !!

Rgds,

James

Hi good people,

Until today, though i have a blog, i still received many PM about my clementi house, my reno and especially uncle Eng Hock......i feel i need to show the pictures of my reno here to answer some queries..... :dribble: ......i wanted to do that some times ago but as i just got a new job.......i need some time to settle down....so pls forgive me........anyway below is pictures of my clementi 5 room unit before reno

To give some intro of my new house..........i live happily at punggol for 5 years.....then last feb, i join the mature estate balloting exercise.........so at June 2007, my clementi dream comes true.....after paying all the survey fee, admin fee, legal fee, HDB levy......i do not left much.......luckily uncle eng hock do my 5 room reno once again at only 20k.........lucky me dont need take reno loan.........to me i dont need a designer house, i just need an organise, neat and easily to maintain house.......so dont hold too high expectations as i money no enough

02122007184.jpg

02122007183.jpg

Edited by gohkm

Due to fengshui reason, i need to have a hole in the kitchen wall..............but i think it also allow more sunlight to go through........but the workers work very fast......before i know it the wall is done....if u observe carefully.....i never totally hack down the whole kitchen wall and left a part of it cos behind it is the power sockets....i think i need them so that part of the wall is not hacked down........

02122007186.jpg

Another view after the kitchen wall is hacked down.

02122007189.jpg

Hi good people,

I just sold my 5 room punggol and moving to clementi in a month time. Now my clementi flat is in a "warzone", under renovation. I learn a lot from you good people at renotalk. I decide to record my clementi renovation in a blog as a sweet memory. But i never renovate much cos my budget only $21k for a five room flat.....hope wont disappoint you guys.........

Hope to see you at my blog and do gimme some comments. Thank you

My blog is at http://clementi-heights.blogspot.com/

Rgds,

James :(

Hey james! I think the most important aspect of the renovation process is that you like what you are doing and the end result!! Someone could have spent 100K on the renovation but then not be happy with the outcome or feels that its too "hotelish". So most important, is that you are happy!:)

I saw the photos, you have a small kitchen top too! Any problems with it so far? I am also having limited surface area to work with for my kitchen. Nice sink too!! :(

Hey james! I think the most important aspect of the renovation process is that you like what you are doing and the end result!! Someone could have spent 100K on the renovation but then not be happy with the outcome or feels that its too "hotelish". So most important, is that you are happy!:thumbs up:

I saw the photos, you have a small kitchen top too! Any problems with it so far? I am also having limited surface area to work with for my kitchen. Nice sink too!! ;)

Hi Nivlek.........i agreed with wat u say...............i rememeber i go reservist last year before my reno.....i met a old campmate who also live at clementi..........he told me he do his reno using 70k..........i am very impressed and dying to visit his "hotel"............but he keeps procrastinating then finally he told me the reason........he told me though he spend 70k but his house is so hard to maintain.........then i got it.........for my new house......i want a simple, pleasant and easily organize place...

Ya the kitchen is very small......like u i also have limited area to work.........when u hangs clothes after u wash....the kitchen gets smaller...........i am still ok with it cos i seldom cook..........

For my house the reno is easier........cos the store room face the kitchen so i dont need to do false wall.....i just paint it grey..........save money and good for fengshui..........

02122007188.jpg

Another look at my small kitchen... :)

02122007187.jpg

For those who want to see more than pictures :)

video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qj1katkVcw

For those, who likes to read my ups and downs :)

blogs:http://www.clementi-heights.blogspot.com

Edited by gohkm