Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
JS21

Help Me To Solve The Fridge Dilemma

I'm having a white kitchen theme, with a splash of red in the middle.

I think a white fridge will match very well with my white kitchen , but I'm also quite alright with a stainless steel fridge. My contractor has already constructed the kitchen cabinets so I can't change the dimensions now. I've 81cm width of space for a fridge. Thing is, if I take a 59cm fridge, I've too much gap space! If I take a 75cm fridge, it'll be just right!

I'm shortlisting 2 fridges, the

Mitsubishi Electric MRF62T Stainless Steel fridge. Width 75cm. It'll fit just right into the space, however, I'm not sure I need such a big fridge now as there're only 2 of us living in the house.

and

Hitachi R-S37SVS White Silver fridge. Width 59cm. If I'm taking this small fridge, I will construct an extra cabinet beside the fridge to fill the gap. I'm thinking of constructing a 18cm width tiny 5 drawers bottom cabinet, and shelvings for the top.

Which option should I take? Anyone who has the above models, can you comment on them? Electrical consumption of a bigger fridge is NOT a problem as I've calculated the differences, it's not much.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

big fridge?

sooner or later you'll be "upgrading" the fridge.. lol.

might as well get a bigger one now..

Yup, after writing down all those, it helped me to clear my thoughts. I'll be getting a 75cm width fridge instead. Now to search for one that's white, if I really cannot find a white one, then I'll get that Mit 62T fridge. :P Logic is very simple, I do not need that extra cabinet space, so I might as well convert it all to cold space (i.e. fridge). Moreover the electricity bills is hypothetically less than $40 difference per YEAR between those two fridge models!

Yup, after writing down all those, it helped me to clear my thoughts. I'll be getting a 75cm width fridge instead. Now to search for one that's white, if I really cannot find a white one, then I'll get that Mit 62T fridge. :P Logic is very simple, I do not need that extra cabinet space, so I might as well convert it all to cold space (i.e. fridge). Moreover the electricity bills is hypothetically less than $40 difference per YEAR between those two fridge models!

lol... good for you... don't worry about the space, you'll fill the fridge up somehow.. lol

I am using the Mit 62T fridge.. trust me.. if u cook daily.. and shop once a week .... is not big enough.

Now I know why ppl want side by side fridge.. need the freezer space.

Yup, after writing down all those, it helped me to clear my thoughts. I'll be getting a 75cm width fridge instead. Now to search for one that's white, if I really cannot find a white one, then I'll get that Mit 62T fridge. :rolleyes: Logic is very simple, I do not need that extra cabinet space, so I might as well convert it all to cold space (i.e. fridge). Moreover the electricity bills is hypothetically less than $40 difference per YEAR between those two fridge models!

i found WHITE FRIDGE- Bosch side-by-side. cost $1500 at Goh Ah Bee.