Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hongss

Mounting Of Plasma Tv

Hi,

My initial plan is to place my tv on the tv console but im afraid that my console might not be able to take the weight. The tv is abt 35kg. That's why im thinking of mounting.

I wanted to mount a 42" plasma tv on to the wall but i do not have a feature wall. So the cables can be seen running down to the powerpoint. Is there anyway or good idea to mount a tv on the wall and nicely hide away the cables?

Edited by hongss

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

U can try drilling two holes in the wall.... one top and the other bottom.... have the wire run down on the room behind that living room wall... then come out at the bottom to connect to your console which should block the ugly cables at the bottom.

You can case the wire up properly in the room. That way, the room behind the wall will just have a casing sticking out but your living room wall will look fine.

Not a perfect solution but definitely a cheaper solution compared to doing up a feature wall.

Hi,

My initial plan is to place my tv on the tv console but im afraid that my console might not be able to take the weight. The tv is abt 35kg. That's why im thinking of mounting.

I wanted to mount a 42" plasma tv on to the wall but i do not have a feature wall. So the cables can be seen running down to the powerpoint. Is there anyway or good idea to mount a tv on the wall and nicely hide away the cables?

U can try drilling two holes in the wall.... one top and the other bottom.... have the wire run down on the room behind that living room wall... then come out at the bottom to connect to your console which should block the ugly cables at the bottom.

You can case the wire up properly in the room. That way, the room behind the wall will just have a casing sticking out but your living room wall will look fine.

Not a perfect solution but definitely a cheaper solution compared to doing up a feature wall.

I am also not doing any feature wall and have this problem. Some ways I can think of is to block with speakers, photo frames or mayb some nice potted plants/flowers.

As for drilling holes, won't work for me cos behind the wall is the corridor.

if need to drill holes in the wall, the hole have to be quite big as there are a few cables connecting to the tv. Moreover i will be using composite cables to connect my scv digital box to my tv for better clarity. The cables are thicker compare to the RCA kind..Guess i will just place on my console. Just hope it can withstand the weight. Anyone has place their 42" tv on the console? Any problems?

Really depends on your console. If it has centre compartments to support the weight, 40kg should not be a problem at all.

Ya... if drill hole, it would need to be about 10cm wide... at least.

if need to drill holes in the wall, the hole have to be quite big as there are a few cables connecting to the tv. Moreover i will be using composite cables to connect my scv digital box to my tv for better clarity. The cables are thicker compare to the RCA kind..Guess i will just place on my console. Just hope it can withstand the weight. Anyone has place their 42" tv on the console? Any problems?

btw, when u guys bought ur plasma tv and opted for wall mounting, do u still get the tv stand??

is it a case of either the wall mounting or the tv stand, but not both?

btw, when u guys bought ur plasma tv and opted for wall mounting, do u still get the tv stand??

I can only choose either one.

I got both wallmount + stand for my plasma but just the stand for my lcd. I guess it depends largely on the retailer and the then ongoing promotional package.

:P

I also got both wallmount + stand for my plasma (Panasonic) and only got stand for the LCD (Panasonic).

If not wrong, Panasonic plasma give both whereas Pionear only give one choice.

You can try negotiate with the sales guy before you sign the dotted line.

I got both wallmount + stand for my plasma but just the stand for my lcd. I guess it depends largely on the retailer and the then ongoing promotional package.

:bleah:

As for the running of wires, I did drill two rectangular holes in the wall and place

a 75x25 alum. hollow section in it. The uneven gap is then fill up and painted over.

One of the picture in my blog show the two small opening in the wall.

:bangwall:

I once mounted a set for my 14" CRT TV, it came crashing down after a few weeks. Not too sure what happened though. I think you should be careful when doing such construction work and make sure that you have properly and securely mounted your wallmount. Luckily for me, it was an old CRT and nobody was hurt.

did you see what was the cause of the 'crash'?

did the mount fail or the screws came out of the wall?

if it's the screws could be the length was not long enough or didn't use the plastic insert thing !!

Yes, it was the screws that came out. I have the plastic thing but it sort of loosen out a bit and then the screws came out. I think the 14" crt tv set was maybe a little heavier than usual?