Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hongss

Home Theatre System

Hi Vince,

Thanks for the advice.

My intention is to get a 5.1 HTS that comes with Blu Ray players and able to play multi format, if there is any currently available in the market.

If not then I would like to get a 5.1 AV system with HD audio first to fix up as my reno is currently ongoing and in future to connect a blu ray player to it.

As I am not really an expert in this field and I just want something that can utilise my Full HD LCD, therefore I think something around the budget of $1.5K entry level would be good enough.

if any of the experts here can recommend some systems that I can check out, that would be great.

:)

Hi Red

Allow me to advice you on HTS pricing. Did my HTS shopping 2 weeks ago.

$1.5K entry level may not get you much. I suggest you increase it to $2K & i do recommend that you listen to the MS Genie set-up. A good amp to compliment this system would be the Denon (with HDMI 1.3 port) or Yamaha. A friend got this set up with a denon 1508 recently & cost him around $2K. The shop threw him a free HDMI cable as a gesture. Alternatively, you could try the Definitive Technology pro cinema series. Highly recommended!:dunno: I can vouch for this brand as I was a Def Tech user for 3 years before I upgraded my HTS.

Bluray player specs & price, Im not sure as i intend for Sony to "finalize" their bluray firmware b4 I jump into this wagon.. Im using a OPPO 980 DVD player which to me is more than good enough to watch DVD with high reso pic quality. Remember, its your ears that determines which HTS to buy.

Cheers & happy hunting!:(!

Vince

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi Red

Allow me to advice you on HTS pricing. Did my HTS shopping 2 weeks ago.

$1.5K entry level may not get you much. I suggest you increase it to $2K & i do recommend that you listen to the MS Genie set-up. A good amp to compliment this system would be the Denon (with HDMI 1.3 port) or Yamaha. A friend got this set up with a denon 1508 recently & cost him around $2K. The shop threw him a free HDMI cable as a gesture. Alternatively, you could try the Definitive Technology pro cinema series. Highly recommended!!! I can vouch for this brand as I was a Def Tech user for 3 years before I upgraded my HTS.

Bluray player specs & price, Im not sure as i intend for Sony to "finalize" their bluray firmware b4 I jump into this wagon.. Im using a OPPO 980 DVD player which to me is more than good enough to watch DVD with high reso pic quality. Remember, its your ears that determines which HTS to buy.

Cheers & happy hunting!!!!

Vince

Hi Vince,

Thanks for the advice again. :) I just went down to KEC and bought Onkyo TX-SR605 with Definitive 600 sub\speakers, although I think it is not the latest or high end model, I think this is good enough for me.. :P

Now is to get a Blu Ray\DVD player that can play mulit format\region discs.. :dribble: Would appreciate if any pro can give me some recommendations...

:yamseng:

Hi Vince,

Thanks for the advice again. :) I just went down to KEC and bought Onkyo TX-SR605 with Definitive 600 sub\speakers, although I think it is not the latest or high end model, I think this is good enough for me.. :dunno:

Now is to get a Blu Ray\DVD player that can play mulit format\region discs.. :dunno: Would appreciate if any pro can give me some recommendations...

:P

Red, Congrats!!! And welcome to the world of HTS!!!!

How much did you pay for your setup? Did KEC recommended you the Def Tech Pro Cinema 600 series?

I think the Onkyo amp match somewhat adequate with Def Tech speakers. My personal choice would be yamaha but theyre a bit pricey. But to each, his own, as long you like what you hear.

DVD players, i think there's plenty in the market. Just ensure that its multicoded or region free. And since you have a full HD TV, ensure your DVD players can upscale to 1080p. Then you'll be talking about real quality grain free picture. But i guess the Bluray will sort out all these shortfalls. Blurays disc are not cheap though. Give it a few more years until the price bottoms out. Oh ya, use good HDMI cables. Dont stinge on that!:yamseng:

Cheers again!:dribble:

Vince

Red, Congrats!:) And welcome to the world of HTS!!!!

How much did you pay for your setup? Did KEC recommended you the Def Tech Pro Cinema 600 series?

I think the Onkyo amp match somewhat adequate with Def Tech speakers. My personal choice would be yamaha but theyre a bit pricey. But to each, his own, as long you like what you hear.

DVD players, i think there's plenty in the market. Just ensure that its multicoded or region free. And since you have a full HD TV, ensure your DVD players can upscale to 1080p. Then you'll be talking about real quality grain free picture. But i guess the Bluray will sort out all these shortfalls. Blurays disc are not cheap though. Give it a few more years until the price bottoms out. Oh ya, use good HDMI cables. Dont stinge on that!!!

Cheers again!:yamseng:

Vince

Hi Vince,

The package cost slightly more than 2K and KEC actually recommended to me Def 800 series but i opted for the 600 series. Yes Yamaha is abit too pricey for me. :P

How much does it cost for a good HDMI cable? KEC giving me a free HDMI cable.

:dribble:

hi.

does anyone here has LG HT-762P2? Any review on that? I am a noob in home theatre system.

anyone has a decent system to recommend budget under $600?

Hi Cantona7,

you are my idol if you are the real Eric Cantona.. :bangwall:

Joke aside, really thanks for your great info on this thread and might go down to KEC tomorrow and check out the poison.. :bangwall:

:bangwall:

Hi Bro,

Eric is also my idol too! I still miss his kungfu kick. :)

If u really wan an affordable bluray player maybe u can try PS3, bluray player and support 24frs for better DVD pics quality, DTS HD, Dobly HD & HDMI 1.3.

ps3triono9.jpg

My advise dont rush to buy any bluray player first cos I believe the prices will dropped further down and more moives titles available.

There are alot of good unviersal dvd player available in the market. :bangwall:

Need advice from brothers or experts here as regards to selecting to buy a HT system (600-1k)

3 models i looking at

1) Panasonic SC-PT850 http://www.panasonic.com.sg/web/pid/5036

2) Philips HTS6600 http://www.consumer.philips.com/cons...tem+HTS6600-98

3) Philips HTS3548W http://www.consumer.philips.com/cons...em+HTS3548W-98

I use the HT system for

a) Gaming

b) Watching Movies/TV on HDTV

I really hope i can get advice on which one of these gives me the best value for money and is the better one. Would appreciate if anyone would recommend other brands or other models around that range (600-1k). Thank you very much.

Need advice from brothers or experts here as regards to selecting to buy a HT system (600-1k)

3 models i looking at

I use the HT system for

a) Gaming

I really hope i can get advice on which one of these gives me the best value for money and is the better one. Would appreciate if anyone would recommend other brands or other models around that range (600-1k). Thank you very much.

Hi, let me give u my humble opinion.

All the models you listed, are basically HTiB, iB stands for In a Box. Consumer Electrical companies, like Phillips/Panasonic/Samsung are jumping into the HT wagon. And its value for money for the budget conscious & non fussy consumer.

As for reviews or feedback, i guess theyre all sound the same. You get what you pay for. Dont expect too much. They may look nice, and that's the only plus point. Hope this helps.

Cheers & happy hunting

Vince

Hi, let me give u my humble opinion.

All the models you listed, are basically HTiB, iB stands for In a Box. Consumer Electrical companies, like Phillips/Panasonic/Samsung are jumping into the HT wagon. And its value for money for the budget conscious & non fussy consumer.

As for reviews or feedback, i guess theyre all sound the same. You get what you pay for. Dont expect too much. They may look nice, and that's the only plus point. Hope this helps.

Cheers & happy hunting

Vince

Ya you got it right. I'm a little on budget and that's why I have only chosen these 3 systems to select from. Thanx for the feedback :dancingqueen: Just wondering which system is more reliable and would better suit my needs as for gaming and watching tv. I do not really need very powerful systems. Just normal will do. :bangwall: The thing is just between panasonic and philips as which has a more reliable sound system.

3 models i looking at

I use the HT system for

a) Gaming

I had heard Philips HTS6600 & HTS8100 before, personally I found that HTS8100 is better & nicer. !!

hts810059webimage370av1.jpg

Guys,

I found a nice simple DVD player where you can wall mount to a gymson board/wall mount.

This will eliminate the need to have a build in console in the MBR taking up space and waste $$ to do it.

Very nice solution I like to share :notti:

DVP6620_98_webImage370.jpg

I had heard Philips HTS6600 & HTS8100 before, personally I found that HTS8100 is better & nicer. :~

hts810059webimage370av1.jpg

The HTS8100 cost a whopping $1420... i was like :notti:

"Thought" it will fall in the $700 plus range.....

The HTS8100 cost a whopping $1420... i was like :D

"Thought" it will fall in the $700 plus range.....

Imagine Philips HTS8100 fixed under ur 42" plasma. :(:(:furious:

Guys,

I found a nice simple DVD player where you can wall mount to a gymson board/wall mount.

This will eliminate the need to have a build in console in the MBR taking up space and waste $$ to do it.

Very nice solution I like to share :notti:

DVP6620_98_webImage370.jpg

Mind sharing the damage?

Imagine Philips HTS8100 fixed under ur 42" plasma. :bangwall::notti::)

I oso can imagine my cash $$ all flowing away lor... hahahhah :D

Mind sharing the damage?

I kaypoh abit if u dun mind but i saw it at Taka BEST going for abt $149 if im not wrong on sat.