Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
johnhome

Storage Heater Increase Water Pressure

I live on the top floor.

i wanted to get a rrain shower, but the water pressure is low.

will getting a storage heater solve that problem since, the tank will pre store and when i open the tap full, will be rain shower behave like a rain shower, or still lower pressure?

anyone with experience of storage heater?

thanks in advance.

Edited by johnhome

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I live on the top floor.

will getting a storage heater solve that problem since, the tank will pre store and when i open the tap full, will be rain shower behave like a rain shower, or still lower pressure?

thanks in advance.

jl7ms@hotmail.com

ya, it helps to increase pressure - by how much i don know.

I live on the top floor.

thanks in advance.

jl7ms@hotmail.com

but I thought top floor's water pressure should be stronger than the rest below u??

I live on the top floor.

thanks in advance.

jl7ms@hotmail.com

maybe you can try gettin a bigger storage heater. normally if instant heater then the water pressure wont be so strong and of coz not warm enough.

btw, did u turn ur water supply valve to the maximum for inside the hse and service door outside

but I thought top floor's water pressure should be stronger than the rest below u??

Water pressure is determined by the height between water level in the tank and the point of discharge. Bigger the distance, higher the pressure. Thus.. highest floor is lowest height between water level and the discharge point, compared to a unit on lower floors.

Therefore.. with regards to low water pressure.. there is device called a pressure tank, which works like a balloon. When rooftop tank got high pressure, it stores the pressure in a balloon. During low pressure periods, the balloon will give a boost.

http://www.anwill.net/pump/products/booster_pump.htm

When water level in the rooftop tank is low.. like during evening time everybody bathe/cook, pressure becomes low. Midnite.. tank is full.. water pressure higher. The pressure tank will store pressure at midnite and release next evening.

However.. if midnite.. water pressure still low.. sigh.. then need to consider mechanical pumps liao. therefore.. with regards to solving low water pressure problems.. need to first determine what is the max pressure achievable.

I have storage heater in my bathroom, I can say that it won't increase water pressure.

My water pressure is good only when TC have install a device to increase water pressure to the high floor but at times it is still low when someone turn on the tap in the kitchen or the other bathroom.

is pressure pump allow in HDB?

http://www.anwill.net/pump/products/booster_pump.htm

i heard it will suck up the water from the neighbour, so if you feel high, your next door is low on water pressure.

firstly, nust i get hdb to approve?

second, anyone done it?

any diff it makes?>

Any one solve the issue? Haiz very sianz...the rain shower not shiok at all...

just called up TC...say they will send plumber to check..

Anyone installed the pump?