Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
burgess

Repairs - Kitchen Cabinet Doors

I have two door of pretty old custom-made kitchen cabinet that have fallen off their hinges, partly because damp have rotted some of the wood round the hinges.

Is there any way to repair this? Anyone knows a reliable carpenter that can do this kind of job?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
I have two door of pretty old custom-made kitchen cabinet that have fallen off their hinges, partly because damp have rotted some of the wood round the hinges.

Is there any way to repair this? Anyone knows a reliable carpenter that can do this kind of job?

which part of the hinge has rotted?

if it's the door, there is a carpenter who always advertise in ST classified ads for changing of cabinet doors.

which part of the hinge has rotted?

if it's the door, there is a carpenter who always advertise in ST classified ads for changing of cabinet doors.

its some of the wood round the hinges, both on door and cupboard. i prefer not to make new doors or even change the cabinet at this moment and so i need someone who can provide a cheap and fast solution...

anyway, i will check the st ads. thanks!

A reno contractor quoted me $80 per door, but i believe u can get it cheaper if u go to workshops. Maybe u can "BAN" out the whole door, bring to them to duplicate.

If rot already, need to change. If didnt rot, can refurbish (like me).

A new door directly from a carpenter should cost around $60 +/-.

DIY is the cheapest, just get a new set of hinge and relocated them to those not rotten area. if the entire edge rot then have to change liao...