Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ckoonyin

1 Big Family...parents And In-law......together @ 1 Table

actually it depends... some pple say male 1 table, female 1 table. some pple say the bride & groom, both sets of parents and grandparents at 1 vip... adds up to 10pax. jus nice for 1 so called table.

anyway, for our case, my in laws say male 1 table, i sit with them. female 1 table, my parents, granny, siblings.. my parents weren't very happy .. they feel that all elders ie parents n grandparents sit at 1 VIP table with bride & groom...

actually, traditionally, there has always only been 1 Main VIP table... then dont knw how come become 2... Anyway, my parents decided not to "argue" abt it since my in laws insist. and i'm tired of tryin to make everyone but ourselves happy . when my in law told me abt this i was very very very upset... becos i wish to sit with my parents as well.. if not feel so lonely lo... my frns said its okie because wldnt really have the time to sit down... thats the only consolation I guess.. i was thinking i wld go over to my family's table a bit more to talk n sit with them but not nice lor... haiiiiiiiii ...

actually my in laws oso said dat last time. but i wasnt happy. so i insisted that my parents sit tog. since my MIL wasnt really sure if shd be this way, she let me have my way in the end. also, i told her that many of my frens are now doing it the "modern" way... though hubby's godfather wasnt too happy, i heck care. coz for me, i tink is impt for my parents loh... my parents were quite upset too. coz they feel dat traditionally this happened is coz the gal's family is much much poorer than the guy's family dat's why have to sit this way. but for our case, both are quite equal.

if ur in laws could give in, dat will be good. otherwise, guess have to listen to wat they want...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

thanks all for your kind replies........never expected my thread to bring out so many diff views :lol:

cause for me my thinking was 1 big family sitting togther...............oh well, now see if my hotel can give me so big table or not heehee :jawdrop:

actually it depends... some pple say male 1 table, female 1 table. some pple say the bride & groom, both sets of parents and grandparents at 1 vip... adds up to 10pax. jus nice for 1 so called table.

anyway, for our case, my in laws say male 1 table, i sit with them. female 1 table, my parents, granny, siblings.. my parents weren't very happy .. they feel that all elders ie parents n grandparents sit at 1 VIP table with bride & groom...

actually, traditionally, there has always only been 1 Main VIP table... then dont knw how come become 2... Anyway, my parents decided not to "argue" abt it since my in laws insist. and i'm tired of tryin to make everyone but ourselves happy . when my in law told me abt this i was very very very upset... becos i wish to sit with my parents as well.. if not feel so lonely lo... my frns said its okie because wldnt really have the time to sit down... thats the only consolation I guess.. i was thinking i wld go over to my family's table a bit more to talk n sit with them but not nice lor... haiiiiiiiii ...

your friends are correct. you wont have the time to sit down lor. most of your time will be going up to the room to get change and take photos with all the guests then after that sending the guests off at the door when the banquet ends. actually, i also dont like to sit with in laws VIP bcos i wanted to sit with my family. but no choice bcos my mum wanted me to sit with in laws VIP. she said its the tradition. :thumbs up:

hihi, will one big table hard to reach for food hehehe ,

if you refer to VIP table then the ans is no bcos for VIP table the food will be served to you. you dont have to reach for the food yourself. :bangwall:

actually my in laws oso said dat last time. but i wasnt happy. so i insisted that my parents sit tog. since my MIL wasnt really sure if shd be this way, she let me have my way in the end. also, i told her that many of my frens are now doing it the "modern" way... though hubby's godfather wasnt too happy, i heck care. coz for me, i tink is impt for my parents loh... my parents were quite upset too. coz they feel dat traditionally this happened is coz the gal's family is much much poorer than the guy's family dat's why have to sit this way. but for our case, both are quite equal.

if ur in laws could give in, dat will be good. otherwise, guess have to listen to wat they want...

my mil is quite one kind. when i told her no no she wasnt happy and insisted.. so i no choice... my parents weren't happy but seeing i was very tired and frustrated with preps, they just let it be.. though my dad did say that i shld tell my in laws to pay if they want things their way... hubbs & i paying for everything... haiii :notti::(:) but of cos i in not position to say so much la... heh... so just let it be... cos my family quite big.. i have 4 more siblings... then plus their partners... and my parents already make up 1 table... hahaha so in a way is jus nice bah... my father did mention to have jus 1 VIP table so no choice... but venue giving 2. then mil also says 2. so leave it lor. i jus hope i will nt get angry on that day. my temper nowadays quite short. little bit frustrated. i need to control myself!:bangwall:

your friends are correct. you wont have the time to sit down lor. most of your time will be going up to the room to get change and take photos with all the guests then after that sending the guests off at the door when the banquet ends. actually, i also dont like to sit with in laws VIP bcos i wanted to sit with my family. but no choice bcos my mum wanted me to sit with in laws VIP. she said its the tradition. :thumbs up:

if you refer to VIP table then the ans is no bcos for VIP table the food will be served to you. you dont have to reach for the food yourself. :dunno:

my one is mil insist... i wan sit with my daddy mummy leh... :):(:)

just cnt wait for it all to be over@!

my mil is quite one kind. when i told her no no she wasnt happy and insisted.. so i no choice... my parents weren't happy but seeing i was very tired and frustrated with preps, they just let it be.. though my dad did say that i shld tell my in laws to pay if they want things their way... hubbs & i paying for everything... haiii :furious:8|8| but of cos i in not position to say so much la... heh... so just let it be... cos my family quite big.. i have 4 more siblings... then plus their partners... and my parents already make up 1 table... hahaha so in a way is jus nice bah... my father did mention to have jus 1 VIP table so no choice... but venue giving 2. then mil also says 2. so leave it lor. i jus hope i will nt get angry on that day. my temper nowadays quite short. little bit frustrated. i need to control myself!:(

my one is mil insist... i wan sit with my daddy mummy leh... 8|8|8|

just cnt wait for it all to be over@!

there're sure to have problems when preparing for AD and getting a house. my hb and i had been quarrelling over these 2 matters over the years. its super sianz. 8| when quarrelling always bcos of my in laws! :)

my hb also wanted me to sit with my in laws VIP table and i really "bo bian" lor. if i didnt do as what he said then during AD he sure :furious:

why we women "ming so ku"?! :furious:

if you refer to VIP table then the ans is no bcos for VIP table the food will be served to you. you dont have to reach for the food yourself. :bleah:

if share sauces or sour sauce oso problem mah. or chili , so big for wat so funny. see each other so far away hahaah

depending on the total numbers of people lar. if both sides all add up together < 10 people, then all sit in 1 table lor.

But if both sides got more than 1 tables, some even more than 2 tables, then you classify them by "level" liaoz...

parents all 1 table. the eldest siblings sit together in the VIP table. Then the rest distribute evenly on the 2nd or 3rd VIP tables lor.

depending on the total numbers of people lar. if both sides all add up together < 10 people, then all sit in 1 table lor.

But if both sides got more than 1 tables, some even more than 2 tables, then you classify them by "level" liaoz...

parents all 1 table. the eldest siblings sit together in the VIP table. Then the rest distribute evenly on the 2nd or 3rd VIP tables lor.

agree... this was wat i did :)

So in the end did any of you get to sit with your parent at least for 5 mins? :dunno:

We had 2 tables and most of the time both are empty :notti: Me and my wife dont even have time to sit down, let alone eat because we are busy walking around and talking to guests and relatives. Both our parents, sisters, brothers and in-laws too were walking around entertaining and laughing with the guests. But at least they did get to eat some food on and off.

My point is one VIP table or having two tables is not important at all. Its how you want your wedding to be, a serious, traditional affair or a fun and relax affair.

So in the end did any of you get to sit with your parent at least for 5 mins? :dunno:

We had 2 tables and most of the time both are empty :notti: Me and my wife dont even have time to sit down, let alone eat because we are busy walking around and talking to guests and relatives. Both our parents, sisters, brothers and in-laws too were walking around entertaining and laughing with the guests. But at least they did get to eat some food on and off.

My point is one VIP table or having two tables is not important at all. Its how you want your wedding to be, a serious, traditional affair or a fun and relax affair.

After reading through the post, I would think it is important that how both parents wanted the seating arrangements.

In my case, when the wedding is held here, my parents get to make the decision. When the wedding is held at my pil's place, they will make the decision.

So in both cases, the seating arrangement is different and to me I'm learning both culture.

In a "sharing" situation, talk to both parents to find out how they like the seating arrangement.

For the bride to be seated where??? She will be seated with her husband for certain, thus will be with his family. Anyway, it is only for 1night, so no need to die die must seat with your parents right, how far can the table be arrange. You can still walk over and talk with your parents.

to me maybe because feel sad that marrying out liao... macham "last meal" kinda feeling... and it wld be nice for both sets of parents to sit together during the wedding dinner although i knw many more opportunities for them to sit dwn together to have a meal and talk... its just me and my feelings.. it is important to me. anyway its important to my parents too... not same sentiments as me though... they feel its more of the elders sit together for that 1 important dinner. oh well.

the best is remove the VIP tables! you got so many guests around, they must help entertaining all what? Just like some of you guys mentioned, a lot of time, the VIP tables are empty, so, what's the point?

Edited by tingshen

the best is remove the VIP tables! you got so many guests around, they must help entertaining all what? Just like some of you guys mentioned, a lot of time, the VIP tables are empty, so, what's the point?

Haha cannot la! though it is a good idea but this kinda thing must have one.........else some may feel offended la.........

But very true, the last wedding i went, the groom and the bride was all over the place except the VIP table hahaha!:rolleyes:

i think i must tabao my food back instead of letting it waste liao.

if share sauces or sour sauce oso problem mah. or chili , so big for wat so funny. see each other so far away hahaah

i agreed. so big for what. haha. but depend on individual lor. some couples may like it big. :dunno: