Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
canis_minoris

Shifting Electricity Mains

I am collecting the keys to a 1.5 yr old private apartment that has a really bad placement of the circuit breaker/ DB board/ telephone mains.

Its smack in the centre of a living room wall and encased by a small wall cabinet that extends down to around waist level, making the entire wall quite unusable. :furious:

I am wondering if its possible to relocate everything on the same wall, either left or right to one corner and higher up. Anyone know how difficult or expensive this will be to relocate ?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I am collecting the keys to a 1.5 yr old private apartment that has a really bad placement of the circuit breaker/ DB board/ telephone mains.

Its smack in the centre of a living room wall and encased by a small wall cabinet that extends down to around waist level, making the entire wall quite unusable. :)

I am wondering if its possible to relocate everything on the same wall, either left or right to one corner and higher up. Anyone know how difficult or expensive this will be to relocate ?

dumb design.... :bangwall:

get a electrician to quote on site - a few hundreds atmost.

there is a thick copper mains cable running into the DB box from the meter. That cable costs a bomb, and electrician will quote based on how many meters of thick cable it will require to relocate. Furthermore, each and every circuit needs to be extended as well to the new location.

In my opinion, it wld be cheaper to build a feature wall to conceal the box. If wanna relocate, and yet expect concealed trunking, there will be massive hacking to accomodate the huge trunking.

dumb design.... :dribble:

get a electrician to quote on site - a few hundreds atmost.

Hi all,

Need advice from you all.

I just collected my house key, and got the contractor to site the place for renovation work. He spotted that there was extenstion work on the electricitiy mains, (i.e. there is any small DB besides the main DB) and I am not sure was that approved by the HDB. I didnot notice that when I bought the house. what do you guys's recommendation, should I get the electrician the trace the whole house electrical work and submit to HDB if necessary? or can I assume that since HDB approved the resale unit, so it should be approved by HDB already. I think it is difficult to go and ask the seller right? I wasn't prepared to do such an extensive work when I bought the house.

My house is a 4 room unit, I am not sure was the extension of electricity DB due to the installation of air-con, the entire house is air-conditiioned, 3 bed rooms + living room. The condensor is real big handing ouside the windows of master bed room.

Appreciate your reply, thanks