Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Cavie

Open Concept Bathroom In Mbr

Hi,

Am thinking of hacking away the toilet wall in my MBR toilet to install a fixed panel and a swinging door of tempered glass.

Anyone doing this and there any regrets? My friends are all against it as they say glass panel very difficult to maintained esp in toilet area and moreover, bathroom and toilet suppose to be a very very private area.....

Comments and advise please....many thanks!!

Cavie

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

if its just me staying in the room, i will do it. but if me and partner I will not, cos sometimes u just need to do something that u dun want others to see? haha..

i have lotsa of glass at home now. I felt glass is difficult to maintain. just imagine water marks can be seen from the bedroom.... like a dirty fish tank. just my 2cents. it's still yr own decision..

hello

used almost glass for my whole apartment and my master bedroom toilet "open" concept. open as in totally glass panel and door. loves it. 8|

i see the water stains as a reminder to have good house keeping habits. even walls can have stains and marks. if didnt use washable paint the stains cannot even be remove. aren't it worse than glass? whereby a simple spray and newspaper will do the job :D

I think it's pretty cool to have an open concept if you intend to splurge on the toliets. But your visitors might look at you in a kinky way for adopting this concept in the MBR toliet. I remember a few condos who adopt the open concept in the MBR too, in a different way. The bathtub opens up to the bedroom, and can also be covered for privacy.

Thanks all for the comments...

I will proceed with the hacking of the wall tomorrow as I will like to change to entrance to the toilet. I will have 1 more week to decide whethere to install glass panel or to build concrete wall. As the cost difference is only a few hundred dollar, I most likely will go for glass....

Hacking starting today and will be start a blog soon.

Cavie

I'm also going to hack my bathroom wall and replace it with glass, but that is because the bathroom looks small and claustrophobic. As for the matter of privacy, can either place those frosted effect strips at the strategic heights, or else just lock the MBR door lor :P !