Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
knitez

Yishun 3-rm Hdb Resale Unit At $35k Abv Valuation. Deal Or No-deal?

Woah, 35k COV at YISHUN does seem like alot of $$. I have 2 close friends who bought 3 room resale flats at Ang Mo Kio, they paid $8k & $5k COV respectively. (5th & 11th floors) I do think despite the current surge in flat prices, resonable flat prices are still around if you do look around & wait. Both my friends bought their flats in Dec. If i were u, since im doing a full reno overhaul, i'll go for the lowest cash OV. Good luck! =)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Such a low COV for places like AMK? Wow.

Yup agree that $35 COV is a bit DUH. But I'm a bit particular about the location and quite detemined that my new place be within walking distance to the MRT. My top choice is a corner unit but I'm willing to consider a corridor unit. Anyway the one that I liked is now no-go because the owner is asking to "under-value" the selling price so she can pocket more cash. That's not quite legal I think. I dont want any trouble, so it's a strict no-no for me.

:bangwall:

Edited by knitez

wow area in AMK only less than 10K COV?? *eyes drop*

been looking around 3 rooms in jurong east area, they all asking for at least 20-30K COV...

i dun mind getting an old flat since we intend to do a "makeover" but still need so much COV leh...hmmm

i agreed that if $ not an issue to you, then you can go for it but if can spend less and put it into reno, will be better ya? hahaha

also not easy to find a flat that you like and near to your parents place so..nothing is perfect, have to sacrifice a little for some others

cheers!

35k is too much for Yishun. somemore is corridor unit.....no privacy

besides corridor unit or corner unit, there is the next to corner units, i think this is better alternative to corridor... more privacy, as only 1 neighbour will walk past.

Woah, 35k COV at YISHUN does seem like alot of $$. I have 2 close friends who bought 3 room resale flats at Ang Mo Kio, they paid $8k & $5k COV respectively. (5th & 11th floors) I do think despite the current surge in flat prices, resonable flat prices are still around if you do look around & wait. Both my friends bought their flats in Dec. If i were u, since im doing a full reno overhaul, i'll go for the lowest cash OV. Good luck! =)

8K or 5K?? when was that?? i think very difficult lor in current mkt. my parents also looking around at 3 rm, everything even original condition open mouth asking around 20K liao.

wow area in AMK only less than 10K COV?? *eyes drop*

been looking around 3 rooms in jurong east area, they all asking for at least 20-30K COV...

i dun mind getting an old flat since we intend to do a "makeover" but still need so much COV leh...hmmm

i agreed that if $ not an issue to you, then you can go for it but if can spend less and put it into reno, will be better ya? hahaha

also not easy to find a flat that you like and near to your parents place so..nothing is perfect, have to sacrifice a little for some others

cheers!

sometimes renovating a very run down unit can cost much more then a newer unit or one that has been renovated before. i think something to think about too.

Hi Pheonix,

Both my friends got their units late last year. One of them in Dec (she hasnt went for her HDS appt yet), & the other one just got her keys, now renovating. :) Both units were in very original condition, according to them. I agree in the current market, everyone is asking for sky high prices. But one point to consider: both friends got their units from malay & indian owners. And both friends got their units end of the month. I do think the ethinic quota part plays a high chance in the selling price. Prob the ex-owners were worried that if they do not sell their flats asap, the ethnic quota will be changed the following month IF in the event that someone eles sell their flat (in the same block) before them. I bought my 5-rm Toa Payoh flat (6 yeras old flat) in late 2006, high flr at a valuation of BELOW 5K. Amazing isnt it. :furious: Guess what, i bought it from a nice elderly indian couple. Did a overhaul & the money that i was suppose to spend on cov went into my renovation. Good luck guys! :angry2:

Edited by elven_princess

elven_princess: do you remember me? your nick sounds familiar, think we spreed before is it?? :unsure:

agreed with you that maybe ethnic quota plays a part..but i been to see malay and indian house, quite terrible leh and it "smell" a little..think it is quite difficult to get low COV at the moment as prices are rocket high esp the analysts also mentioned that resale flats will increased further 10%..

think i jialut liao cos by the time i go and hunt for houses, prices also increase liao.. !!

Hello babytan,

I might not be the same 'elven_princess' in other forums. heh. Cos i noe another gal has the same nick in flowerpod. :notti: I go as 'Dior*addict' there. *Nods in agreement* that sometimes if the flat is in a terrible state, we wont even consider buying it. I think i was lucky that my ex-owners kept their home very neat & clean. We still tore most stuff apart & did a full reno. Quite a pity because the existing marble flooring was actually still in a pretty good cond.

My colleague today told me a hdb unit at queenstown area went for $890,000. And the owner bought their unit originally at $300+k. So many cash-rich singaporeans out there, man.

Edited by elven_princess

Hello babytan,

I might not be the same 'elven_princess' in other forums. heh. Cos i noe another gal has the same nick in flowerpod. :P I go as 'Dior*addict' there. *Nods in agreement* that sometimes if the flat is in a terrible state, we wont even consider buying it. I think i was lucky that my ex-owners kept their home very neat & clean. We still tore most stuff apart & did a full reno. Quite a pity because the existing marble flooring was actually still in a pretty good cond.

My colleague today told me a hdb unit at queenstown area went for $890,000. And the owner bought their unit originally at $300+k. So many cash-rich singaporeans out there, man.

Hi all, quite new to the forum. But getting so depressed coz we can't get reasonably priced houses. Balloting always see ourselves having 4 digit queue nos. Resale is asking for sky high nos.

My fiance and I are looking for houses near Boon Keng. If Yishun 3 room is asking for 35k, I don't dare to think about BK. I am looking for a friend's agent, while she was fact filing me, she told me that now, regardless reno or no reno, the min asking price is 30k. After that must reno, pay agent's commission... !!

It's so ironic. On one hand you wish your pay to go higher and higher. But if so we are hitting the 8k ceiling. I think we only have abt 1 yr to go before we hit. So depressed!:notti: If it's really true that 2008 will see prices increased by 10%, what are we supposed to do! :notti:

Edited by msmango

sigh ..stupid market...

my 4R Bedok Reservoir View (7 yrs old), 5th floor (nia) and 5mins walking distance to the bus stop (about 2-3 stops to Bedok Interchange) cost us 38K COV.

it is live in condition, but..... who doesnt want to reno?

i hope reno price will drop.. plsssss

hope is coming! Jan balloting, going to try. It's my 4th time trying. Sometimes i wonder should i just to to ROM to change my status from "single" to "married". But i want to do a proper ROM.

Pray hard hard... :bangwall:

Stock market is bearish, everything is going down... US slipping deeper and deeper into recession... european economy slowing... i think there is a good chance that property prices shall fall soon.

Yes I think so too.

If everyone starts to wait and stop buying, the prices will drop!:jawdrop:

Stock market is bearish, everything is going down... US slipping deeper and deeper into recession... european economy slowing... i think there is a good chance that property prices shall fall soon.

If its HDB flats, base on the current valuation system, it will take at least 6 months for the valuation price to steady up (cos present valuation is largely base on the sales signed 3 months ago. The present sales will only complete and price registered 3 months later. If then flat price dip, need another 3 months to level up) and another 3-6 months to affect the valuation price and start to dip.... that's provided the US economy will continue to go bad for the next 9 to 12 months.... So everyone will need to stop buying all together for about 1 year and hoping that US economy will dip throughout the period.... ???

I also doubt that there's an offer of $32k. If it's really true, let it go..no point

I read it the paper that there is a way to test out if it is really a bluff. The author suggested that you offer a COV lower than 32K. If the agent haggle and try to negotiate a value higher than your offer but still lower than 32K, it means there was never any earlier offer at 32K. If there was, the agent need not bother about any lower offer.