Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mparade

Landed - Delivery Of Newspaper

Hi All,

I am renovating a inter terrace house and would like to find out how those in landed properties manage the delivery of newspapers if you have a car porch. I am designing a nice gate and a tube just hanging outside would not be appropriate. Would appreciate it if you could share your concepts/ideas.

Many thanks,

Mparade

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

If you don't provide a newspaper tube for the newspaper delivery man/boy, you can be assured they will roll your papers up and tie with a rubber band, and then fly it as far as possible to your covered porch. On good days, they stay dry and land where they should. On poor-form days, your papers may land up in a puddle of water or pet urine if you have pets. Be forewarned.

Hi All,

I am renovating a inter terrace house and would like to find out how those in landed properties manage the delivery of newspapers if you have a car porch. I am designing a nice gate and a tube just hanging outside would not be appropriate. Would appreciate it if you could share your concepts/ideas.

Many thanks,

Mparade

My newspaper delivery lady rolls the paper up with a rubber band and throws it (expert aim !) into my porch between my car and the verandah pillar. Very good aim I must say, it has always landed in around the same area for the last 7 yrs.... !!

My newspaper delivery lady rolls the paper up with a rubber band and throws it (expert aim !) into my porch between my car and the verandah pillar. Very good aim I must say, it has always landed in around the same area for the last 7 yrs.... :good:

You guys very cruel, make your news vendors throw here and there, must ask them charge extra :notti: I still think a nicely cut tube made from PVC Pipe and painted appropriately to match the gate is nice, or design a newsapaper slot into the gate pillar itself.

i think having a "tube" will be neater but i suspect they prefer to throw. Every morning i waited for my paper at 630am, they will come by motor and throw it above the gate. This is fast and they can move on to the next house almost immediately.

:notti:

You guys very cruel, make your news vendors throw here and there, must ask them charge extra :notti: I still think a nicely cut tube made from PVC Pipe and painted appropriately to match the gate is nice, or design a newsapaper slot into the gate pillar itself.

i think you can buy a proper newspaper holder at Toyogo warehouse in Lorong 1 Toa Payoh ... also if u subscribe to Straits Time, dun they give you one ? They did for me ...

my Today newspaper also end up on the carporch and when it rains, sigh !

boh leh... any pic how it looks like? if you go away for a few days, lagi like a war zone. :notti:

i think you can buy a proper newspaper holder at Toyogo warehouse in Lorong 1 Toa Payoh ... also if u subscribe to Straits Time, dun they give you one ? They did for me ...

my Today newspaper also end up on the carporch and when it rains, sigh !

it is similar to the circular tube that the others are talking about but this is rectangular .. like a longish loaf of bread (sorry for lack of imagination) ...

the one I saw in Toyogo warehouse is red in colour and has the words "Newspaper" ... mine is provided by Straits Time and is silver

strange my parents asked the indian newspaper man but dun have this tube leh

vampree can advise if u subscribed at the ST webby? or u went to the HQ at toa payoh?

sorry noob question cos i would like to have the silver tube as well

thanks

strange my parents asked the indian newspaper man but dun have this tube leh

vampree can advise if u subscribed at the ST webby? or u went to the HQ at toa payoh?

sorry noob question cos i would like to have the silver tube as well

thanks

i can't remember where I subscribe (more than 3-4 yrs ago) ... i remember it was offered together with the subscription ... thereafter, ST will bill me annually ... I believe you can ask for it when you subscribe ...

if not, can buy from Toyogo warehouse ... :) sorry can't help much ...

boh leh... any pic how it looks like? if you go away for a few days, lagi like a war zone. :notti:

eh just want to say.. for safety reasons, when you go away for a few days, give your gate remote to your neighbour and ask them to help pick up newspapers? :)

Best if you can inform paper vendor to stop subscription for the days you are not around, saves money too.

As for throwing papers onto the porch, it is only good if your driveway is not too long. There is no way the vendor can throw the paper in the porch if driveway too long as in many semid D homes and larger.