Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
TPY

You Are Not Welcome Please Getout Of The Shop!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi,

I was there last Sunday to get a 2 tier corner rack. I wanted to get from Poh Joo which was across the street but was closed on Sunday. When I was paying at the counter, the "old" man dun seems to be interested at all (mayb cuz I juz bought the rack and nothing else) and when "passing" the payment slip to me for signature, he was looking at another direction and was even whistling... Please note he was not really passing to me as he was passing to another direction and he expect me to find a pen on the counter on my own??!?? He seems to be the boss...

Strange way of doing businesses.... I thought I was the only one experiencing tis prob as I only bought 1 item in the end.

Me too! When I requested to inspect the towel racks, the 'boss' stared at me. As I found some faults with the units, and requested for new units even from other branches, he said in a rudely tone "no more stock, and its troublesome".

Even when my husband requested for a calendar in a polite way, the 'boss' did not responded to him. This pissed us off. Should have not get the racks. By the way, the racks were not straight when we mounted to our walls. Really regretted getting frm this shop with all these nonesense.

Maybe they are brothers and sisters running the same type of service blood in their body. !! Else why so much indentical.

erm, I think you have misunderstood my post. I was saying that the Tanjong Katong outlet is great. Different management.

to be fair, i got my sink from the genting road main showroom and the service there is quite good

but the uncle a bit pushy as in he very eager to recommend products kind of pushy

if i were to get anything, think i'd still go back to the genting road one :notti:

to be fair, i got my sink from the genting road main showroom and the service there is quite good

but the uncle a bit pushy as in he very eager to recommend products kind of pushy

if i were to get anything, think i'd still go back to the genting road one :furious:

Yes I agree, we need to be fair to other shop, as mentioned, should not get smash all Hoe Kees dirty because of a branch. The one in Jalan Bersah is really a kind of it own.

Me too! When I requested to inspect the towel racks, the 'boss' stared at me. As I found some faults with the units, and requested for new units even from other branches, he said in a rudely tone "no more stock, and its troublesome".

Even when my husband requested for a calendar in a polite way, the 'boss' did not responded to him. This pissed us off. Should have not get the racks. By the way, the racks were not straight when we mounted to our walls. Really regretted getting frm this shop with all these nonesense.

It seems like giving up the $350 deposit is a pain but wise decision to me, although I still feel the heart ache.. :angry:

Must share this with the world. Boycott the shop!:notti: Put it up at STOMP or share it with The New Paper.

Anybody interested in going to the shop and kanna chae and repeat and re-take the scene again? I would not do that as it is embarasing and humilating. :bleah:

erm, I think you have misunderstood my post. I was saying that the Tanjong Katong outlet is great. Different management.

Yes not every shop in Hoe Kee (as above reply to Apple) is bad. If we have great outlet should praise it. But bad outlet like that one should be warned against the public.

TPY, couldn't you use the deposit for another branch? since they are the same brand. Maybe you call and ask first, saying nearer to workplace or what for the change. Cos I think they deliver from warehouse rite. Genting got this big warehouse, which I think is to deliver to their shops or customer.

TPY, couldn't you use the deposit for another branch? since they are the same brand. Maybe you call and ask first, saying nearer to workplace or what for the change. Cos I think they deliver from warehouse rite. Genting got this big warehouse, which I think is to deliver to their shops or customer.

Tried by giving them 2nd, and 3 chances but many problems and hate to speak to that man(Opps too strong to use hate.) reluctantly give out and bite the bullet.

Tried by giving them 2nd, and 3 chances but many problems and hate to speak to that man(Opps too strong to use hate.) reluctantly give out and bite the bullet.

My 1st chance to him is return to the shop the next day and ask him politely why he treat his customer like that? In return I kanna ... :bow: come back.

The next day after going to CASE, wanted to cease the dispute by asking him Can use the deposit on another Hoe Kee branches? He rejected snobly and crudely in the second chance given. Again back with another :furious: ,

Go home ask my brother to ask him if we can exchange any other item by selecting any thing he can pick up and go? The boss refused say "Already brought cannot exchange unless top up $$ for another model of same product and wait for him to deliver!" what is this %$%#@* :curse:

Rather than at his mercy I give up 0002018E.gif $350

Edited by TPY

My 1st chance to him is return to the shop the next day and ask him politely why he treat his customer like that? In return I kanna ... :) come back.

should take a picture of the KL face of the boss and send to stomp with all your comments...

:dunno:

should take a picture of the KL face of the boss and send to stomp with all your comments...

:thumbs up:

Anybody interested to know can always go there mah. Just ask for the boss and you see a black face coming to you :furious: .

Edited by TPY

I guess business is too good for these guys, losing one customer won't make any difference to them.. Don't think CASE can do anything about it except sent them a warning letter, which they will probably ignore...

My advise, just don't take it to heart, and forget the incident, the 'die-die-must-win' attitude is making Singapore a tougher place to leave in...

i agree ley. u complain to CASE also no use, cus first of all u need to pay a member fee in order to complain? weird rite? pay member fee no guarantee they really going to fight for u or whatsoever.

so $ pay liao duno for what.

i suggest call reporters and report it in newspaper more effective rite. can complain to ST Forum as well.

i agree ley. u complain to CASE also no use, cus first of all u need to pay a member fee in order to complain? weird rite? pay member fee no guarantee they really going to fight for u or whatsoever.

so $ pay liao duno for what.

i suggest call reporters and report it in newspaper more effective rite. can complain to ST Forum as well.

:notti: Thanks! Maybe can really call the reporter and ask them to emualate my scenario by bring a kid there. See the old man chases the reporter off this time!

Great idea! any more good contribution from the forum?

aiii... really sympathy and sad. Again, my losing of deposit seems like a wiser choice than to accept a potential defective goods and ended up paying more. :notti:

TPY, just chance upon this thread.....just let u noe I did went for bathroom accessories and hood and hob hunting last year too at Hoe Kee Bras Basah.....I end up buying nothing from them and step out of the shop cos no one really entertains me and when I ask questions on a instant heater, a China worker attends to me bt the information he provides me is totally different from the other shops that I went.

This makes me lose trust and I did not buy anything from them of cos....

In the end, I patronises other shops and the Hoe Kee outlet at IMM....The service is great!

I tink if I were u, I will also lodge a complaint against them and write to STOMP!

This is really too much! :yamseng:

Lets c how they sustain their biz from tis kinda poor service!