Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
MeiLing

Any Reliable, Responsive Id To Recommend?

Hi, I'm a newbie. Just bought a resale flat and looking for a reliable and responsive ID to renovate our new nest. Went to IMM, flip every photo album we can lay our hands on, but everyone seems to be too busy to 'entertain' us. Anyone know of any ID who are willing to produce drawings before we sign on the dotted line and are responsive after we sign on the dotted line?

Edited by MeiLing

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Meilng

Its coming to Chinese New Year. I guess most ID r rushing to complete their existing projects to meet datelines. Suggest u call to make appointment 1st. Anyways, u can try WhiteSpace. Saw and heard alot of good reviews on them. I have recently met Thomas and I personally think he's an honest and patient person. Also the business seems to have good project management processes in place. Will be seeing their showflats to view their workmanship before signing the doted line w them. U can check out their website at www.substance.sg.

Hi, I'm a newbie. Just bought a resale flat and looking for a reliable and responsive ID to renovate our new nest. Went to IMM, flip every photo album we can lay our hands on, but everyone seems to be too busy to 'entertain' us. Anyone know of any ID who are willing to produce drawings before we sign on the dotted line and are responsive after we sign on the dotted line?

Hi Meiling, welcome to Renotalk. I was a newbie also when we started to search for a ID/contractor around September. Went through about 10 of them before we decided on 1.

Think the part about responsive depends on your luck. Sometimes if they have too many project on hand they are not so responsive. But thats not to say they are no good. Vice versa those very responsive does not mean they lousy cause no project :dribble::notti:

We went through the list of 7-8 of those highly recommended in general in forum and email all of them plus a few more recommended by friends. But only a few replied. We were quite shocked. Like no one wanted our business like that. Maybe it was end of year so they had high work load. Those that replied some their attitude and their quotation were contrary to what we expected after reading about them in the forum. Guess really depends on luck.

The popular and recommended ID/Contractor based on what can be read from the forum are

A & D

Baroque

Earnest

GPlan

Ideal House

IntraDesign

GPlan

Ho Bee

Might be a good way to start the search. Just email them your floor plan and what you want done to it. The drawing part you might wanna negotiate with them after you run through their quote. Unless budget is not an issue, as for us we only bother asking for the drawings when we see their quote is more or less near my budget.

Anyway with regards to the list above, you might want to read through the recent posting on the threads about them, new clients might have different experience from the previous ones

For us, we decided on one of the firm on the list but not the person indicated but another of the ID in the firm. Decided on him because his quote was near our budget and he was most responsive to our requests and with his follow up. Cross my fingers his work is good

Happy hunting for your ID.....its very tiring

Edited by kajua

hi meiling,

are u from singaporebrides? ur AD hotel is at marina mandarin? hehe ur nick looks familar

no leh, not from singaporebrides but was and am still a singapore bride....

Hi Mei Ling,

I am also a newbie and we got Peter Tan of Ideal House (93216453) to do our renovation. He did some drawings for us before we signed. This guy is experienced in home design, reliable, honest and a diligent project manager as well. Just need to tell him specifically what you want. He will give creative ideas to enhance your design if you are opened to suggestions.

We are very pleased with his work and glad to recommend him.

Hi Mrs Yu

Can show us some of your completed pics??

HAPPY

Hi Mei Ling,

I am also a newbie and we got Peter Tan of Ideal House (93216453) to do our renovation. He did some drawings for us before we signed. This guy is experienced in home design, reliable, honest and a diligent project manager as well. Just need to tell him specifically what you want. He will give creative ideas to enhance your design if you are opened to suggestions.

Hi Mei Ling,

pic pls ;)

pic pls ;)

Our ID's designs are quite special. It is worth the time to paying him a visit to view the photographs of our completed flat for your renovation needs.

Hi Mrs Yu

Can show us some of your completed pics??

HAPPY

Of course I am proud of my newly renovated flat but you can make an appointment with our ID to view the photographs of the completed work if you are interested.

Pictures speak louder...

And I am sure forumers here would like to see some of the renovated pictures. Right?

And in fact most of the id/contractors will say they are special so and so....

And potential customers will not want to go down and be disappointed.

So, at least show some of your id completed pictures to justify why your id design are special.

Our ID's designs are quite special. It is worth the time to paying him a visit to view the photographs of our completed flat for your renovation needs.

Pictures speak louder...

And I am sure forumers here would like to see some of the renovated pictures. Right?

And in fact most of the id/contractors will say they are special so and so....

And potential customers will not want to go down and be disappointed.

So, at least show some of your id completed pictures to justify why your id design are special.

Actual viewing is better!

I don't believe in sharing my home pictures on-line for other IDs to copy the designs as I happened to know of some unethical IDs may use the pictures to claim as their job when they show their potential customers. I am only interested to share with genuine home owners about my experience.

If a genuine home owner is really interested, they just need to check with my ID to find out more since they are looking for a suitable ID anyway. I told my ID that he is welcome to let his potential customers view our flat by appointment. Interested, just check him out!

Actual viewing is better!

I don't believe in sharing my home pictures on-line for other IDs to copy the designs as I happened to know of some unethical IDs may use the pictures to claim as their job when they show their potential customers. I am only interested to share with genuine home owners about my experience.

If a genuine home owner is really interested, they just need to check with my ID to find out more since they are looking for a suitable ID anyway. I told my ID that he is welcome to let his potential customers view our flat by appointment. Interested, just check him out!

I find that it is a bit fishy. Y must go thru the ID to view ur house? Y cannot we view ur house before we decide whether we want to engage ur ID? Sorry for my bluntness.

I find that it is a bit fishy. Y must go thru the ID to view ur house? Y cannot we view ur house before we decide whether we want to engage ur ID? Sorry for my bluntness.

Sorry, I am really offended. You don't need to engage my ID just to view my house. You just need to visit him to ask for the viewing before deciding to engage him if you want to look at the design and workmanship. Don't most people prefer that! I would prefer to see the workmanship personally for myself if I am picky about standards instead of just looking at still photographs.

In fact, my hubby and I spent quite a lot of time looking for the right ID for our extensive home renovation but were not impressed with just still photographs alone. We actually interview our ID to learn more about him and his reno experiences before engaging him. Maybe a little extreme but that is our style.

Anyway, the reno quote is non-obligatory so what is your problem!

Cool down Mrs Yu...actually over here, we share pictures among the forumers and share pointers.

But if you dont want to, forumers cannot force you to post your pics here.

Just that some forumers prefer to see some posted photos before making a call.

Anyway..lets pple decide whether they want to engage your id or not.

Cheers and have a good weekend.

HAPPY

Sorry, I am really offended. You don't need to engage my ID just to view my house. You just need to visit him to ask for the viewing before deciding to engage him if you want to look at the design and workmanship. Don't most people prefer that! I would prefer to see the workmanship personally for myself if I am picky about standards instead of just looking at still photographs.

In fact, my hubby and I spent quite a lot of time looking for the right ID for our extensive home renovation but were not impressed with just still photographs alone. We actually interview our ID to learn more about him and his reno experiences before engaging him. Maybe a little extreme but that is our style.

Anyway, the reno quote is non-obligatory so what is your problem!

Hmm... No offence Mrs Yu, I think there r really nothing wrong with simpleguy80 finding it 'fishy'. Perhaps its becoz all ur posts r abt the same topic praising ur ID, since u joined.

As Happy mentioned, we forumers love to see pic. And forumer r welcome to say their mind as long as there r no Badmouthing, Slandering and Personal Attacks.

So, no hard feeling lah, Mrs Yu. :sport-smiley-003: