Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Megadeth

Stylish Dustbin Or Rubbish Bin To Put At Home. Where To Buy?

I have seen Simplehuman. I avoided it only because it's made in Taiwan, even though it's designed in the US.

For example, the ones I love most is its soft close, meaning it closes very slowly ( for middle sized trash cans onwards ) and can stay totally open too if you lock it. 2nd fav function is you can tuck your plastic bag / liner inside an internal bin where you cannot see the plastic bag / liner at all when the lid is closed. Then they also have fingerprint proof finishing too. No, it does not download your fav songs / mp3s though.

So far, only Howard Storage and Homefix / DIY stores carry SimpleHuman.

Brabantia does not have soft close. So SimpleHuman is one up in this aspect.

But you can also tuck your bin liner (any litter bin plastic bag) inside the internal bin, so as to conceal the ends of the plastic bag. I have been doing this.

LOL re your last point/sense of humour.

Edited by Chunky Monkey

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

i finally own my 1st Brabantia & i hope it will last me a long way from today onwards. :jawdrop:

Mine is the Matt Silver Fingerprint-proof version of the below Pedal 12litre Bin.

Pedal_bin_12_litre.jpg

Bought at 20% discount from Taka. :wub: Just threw the 1st rubbish into it & only to realise it is the receipt, so quickly take it out from the bin again. haha

Edited by Megadeth

I would recommend specifically the 25 litre version of the Simplehuman series. Its just nice for normal NTUC plastic bags ... not too big or too small.

I bought one for myself a month ago, then one for my buddy for his house warming and they loved it too .

I was going to get Brabantia too intially.

In the end, after several much internet reading and research ... I went with Simplehuman.

Nothing against Brabantia, just that Simplehuman's design are very simple and very nice. They have lots of features, although its only a dustbin.

For example, the ones I love most is its soft close, meaning it closes very slowly ( for middle sized trash cans onwards ) and can stay totally open too if you lock it. 2nd fav function is you can tuck your plastic bag / liner inside an internal bin where you cannot see the plastic bag / liner at all when the lid is closed. Then they also have fingerprint proof finishing too. No, it does not download your fav songs / mp3s though.

So far, only Howard Storage and Homefix / DIY stores carry SimpleHuman.

Like the butterfly series but find that it is too ex for rubbish bin. May just get the cheapest model at $50+.

There are a couple of $50 versions. But those are really very small and not suitable for kitchen use, perhaps for rooms only. I believe the smaller ones also don't have soft close.

I believe the Brabantias are more more expensive than Simple Human.

I would recommend specifically the 25 litre version of the Simplehuman series. Its just nice for normal NTUC plastic bags ... not too big or too small.

I bought one for myself a month ago, then one for my buddy for his house warming and they loved it too .

I got the cabinet trash system from Simple Human. Have not installed it yet.

Looks good and can use those plastic bags from NTUC i hope

p-can-cmts.jpg

Hi JIN... Can i know hw much did u pay for the 25 litre version of the Simplehuman series? Thks :notti:

Hi Megadeth... Can i know hw much did u pay for the Brabantia matt Silver Fingerprint-proof 12litre Bin? Thks 8|

Hi JIN... Can i know hw much did u pay for the 25 litre version of the Simplehuman series? Thks 8|

Hi Megadeth... Can i know hw much did u pay for the Brabantia matt Silver Fingerprint-proof 12litre Bin? Thks 8|

Retail price of my Brabantia 12litre bin is $120...with the 20% discount, its $96.

Now i will make it a point to exercise my toes & go over there to step on my bin. :notti:

Edited by Megadeth

Hi JIN... Can i know hw much did u pay for the 25 litre version of the Simplehuman series? Thks :sport-smiley-004:

Hi Megadeth... Can i know hw much did u pay for the Brabantia matt Silver Fingerprint-proof 12litre Bin? Thks :notti:

I got mine from Homefix at Thompson. I think its around 149 or something like that.

Oh ... 1 more cool thing about the Simple Human. I put mine literally flushed against my kitchen cabinet and it can still open fully without worrying about the lid being blocked by the cabinet walls. Go to this site and clicked features ... it will explain about its invisible hinge technology. Something like the lid will open with its hinges inside the dustin rather than the normal ones where the hinges is outside of the dustbin. Picture speaks a thousand words ... just click on the b/m site and then click on features.

http://www.simplehuman.com/products/trash-...ectangular.html

Nope, am not am employee of Simple Human. Just very impressed with their build and quality and am trying to share them with every new home owner.

Hi newbee here, my home is getting its reno after chinese new year and Ive been browsing for home appliances and chance upon this thread. I am also interested in getting a nice cool looking bin for my kitchen and have been aiming for this sensor bin 684_4922_F.jpg costing AU$59 maybe if u guys interested we could do MO. Heres the bin in action Bin video in action

Brabantia also have sensor bin too.

I got a Brabantia bin before reading the comments properly in this forum. I was quite disappointed that it doesn't have the soft close feature, and closes quite heavily! I couldn't hide the plastic wrapper well either, can still see it sticking out. Overall still a nice solid bin, but will defintely check out the Simple human bin for comparison. :dancingqueen:

I got a Brabantia bin before reading the comments properly in this forum. I was quite disappointed that it doesn't have the soft close feature, and closes quite heavily! I couldn't hide the plastic wrapper well either, can still see it sticking out. Overall still a nice solid bin, but will defintely check out the Simple human bin for comparison. :dancingqueen:

Sorry to hear that you are disappointed with your purchase. You might want to try re-aligning the plastic bag/insert. I am using normal supermarket plastic carriers, and these can even be hidden in the bin.

Edited by Chunky Monkey

No no, overall, I'm not disappointed with my purchase, quite pleased actually with its looks and solid feel. I was just quite disappointed with certains aspects of it, especially after reading about the simplehuman ones with soft close. I'm even thinking of getting my second bin if all goes well with the first. Perhpas I didn't adjust it properly, although I did try, the plastic wrapper still sticks out. !!

I got the cabinet trash system from Simple Human. Have not installed it yet.

Looks good and can use those plastic bags from NTUC i hope

p-can-cmts.jpg

hi surge, have you installed it yet?

am interesting in this item but hope to see it 'in action' first !!