Ping Li

the problem is we dun hav much time le

she sae 5888 is final. haiz...

still alot lo rite?

she asked me go die

she made very nasty remarks to my hb also

alr said and mention cannot!

haiz

i mean if frens and relatives turn up on GSL and AD, they gv angbows..those angbows

she asked you go die?? hmm.....pardon me, but what kind of mother asks her daughter to go die on her wedding? It's too much....

Frankly speaking, 5888 is still alot....or you can do what TPY suggests....tell her one-time 5888 then no more allowance for her for the next few years since you need to slowly build up your finance again....and traditionally speaking, most ppl would not keep the full amount, at most take half of it and return the other half to the in-laws..i guess it's a polite gesture cos not selling daughter so accept as an yi si only...so far, i hven't heard of my friends' mums keeping all the ping jin.

Those ang baos are meant for you, so you don't have to give to your mum, coupled with the fact that she is so nasty to you and demanded for 5888, there isn't any reason to give her the ang baos anymore....the ang baos are in your hands, just keep it.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
she asked you go die?? hmm.....pardon me, but what kind of mother asks her daughter to go die on her wedding? It's too much....

Frankly speaking, 5888 is still alot....or you can do what TPY suggests....tell her one-time 5888 then no more allowance for her for the next few years since you need to slowly build up your finance again....and traditionally speaking, most ppl would not keep the full amount, at most take half of it and return the other half to the in-laws..i guess it's a polite gesture cos not selling daughter so accept as an yi si only...so far, i hven't heard of my friends' mums keeping all the ping jin.

Those ang baos are meant for you, so you don't have to give to your mum, coupled with the fact that she is so nasty to you and demanded for 5888, there isn't any reason to give her the ang baos anymore....the ang baos are in your hands, just keep it.

ya cus she angry mah sae i raise up u so big, that litle dowry wun satisfy. i wan big $$. and i say, mind u, yr marrying daughter and not selling. she sae, nvm what it is, just gv me the $... aiyo

luckily i moved out of her hse liao!

but what if there r sm ppl who gv her those APs then we bo bian cannot take and ask from her right?

i was telling my hb, on GDL dun gv 5888, anyhw gv a figure will do..

my hb sae given her character, sure flare up on the spot that day and will make thgs diff for us and who knows, my 1 March, wedding day, she is going to do me in.. she threatened us mah..

so we quite scare of her threats la...

thanks for yr advice. now im v v firm tt if gt ppl gv us APs, we will take w.o any hesitation!

ya cus she angry mah sae i raise up u so big, that litle dowry wun satisfy. i wan big $$. and i say, mind u, yr marrying daughter and not selling. she sae, nvm what it is, just gv me the $... aiyo

luckily i moved out of her hse liao!

but what if there r sm ppl who gv her those APs then we bo bian cannot take and ask from her right?

i was telling my hb, on GDL dun gv 5888, anyhw gv a figure will do..

my hb sae given her character, sure flare up on the spot that day and will make thgs diff for us and who knows, my 1 March, wedding day, she is going to do me in.. she threatened us mah..

so we quite scare of her threats la...

thanks for yr advice. now im v v firm tt if gt ppl gv us APs, we will take w.o any hesitation!

If you can afford that 5888, then just give to her and shut her up. Don't make it difficult for yourself too.

Don't turn a happy occasion into an unhappy one. You should be a happy bride that day and shouldn't worry abt these things. Just let her be.

As for ang baos, I suppose it would be difficult for you to ask back the ang baos from her once they're in her hands, so just take it that sum of money to repay her for bringing you up and giving birth to you, then just keep whatever that are in your hands. Money is always a sensitive issue. Don't get upset because of it. Ultimately, it's your wedding that you must channel your energy and attention to.

Haiz, in this time and age, still got to be bothered by such things. :good:

House and reno already so ex, plus wedding dinner and other miscellaneous expenses, already buay ta han. Add this ping jin and ping li thing, lagi jia lat. :yamseng:

Edited by TYM

If you can afford that 5888, then just give to her and shut her up. Don't make it difficult for yourself too.

Don't turn a happy occasion into an unhappy one. You should be a happy bride that day and shouldn't worry abt these things. Just let her be.

As for ang baos, I suppose it would be difficult for you to ask back the ang baos from her once they're in her hands, so just take it that sum of money to repay her for bringing you up and giving birth to you, then just keep whatever that are in your hands. Money is always a sensitive issue. Don't get upset because of it. Ultimately, it's your wedding that you must channel your energy and attention to.

If thing come to really must give 5888, The I shall be a litte KL this round. I will just tell her, chinese new year is coming and I can only managed to exchange $2 notes. So give the the stack of notes in total of 2944 pieces. See during that time she got the time to count a one by one or not. :dunno: and make a fuss out of it at the scene

If thing come to really must give 5888, The I shall be a litte KL this round. I will just tell her, chinese new year is coming and I can only managed to exchange $2 notes. So give the the stack of notes in total of 2944 pieces. See during that time she got the time to count a one by one or not. :drunk: and make a fuss out of it at the scene

Or maybe use a soft pychology method. Retrieve all your babies, toodles, chld hood picture of your together with your mother.

Do re-kindle the sweet memories of your's with her. Hope this may help her to re-call all the sweet moments.. icon12.gif

Utimately a mother will sure have a motherly love for their children. Have a sweet good farewell talk with her calmly the night before the AD. A kiss, hub if needed and tears are inevitable. Just remind her, your time spending with her are getting lesser and are more precious in this period.

Good luck

Edited by TPY

Or maybe use a soft pychology method. Retrieve all your babies, toodles, chld hood picture of your together with your mother.

Do re-kindle the sweet memories of your's with her. Hope this may help her to re-call all the sweet moments.. icon12.gif

Utimately a mother will sure have a motherly love for their children. Have a sweet good farewell talk with her calmly the night before the AD. A kiss, hub if needed and tears are inevitable. Just remind her, your time spending with her are getting lesser and are more precious in this period.

Good luck

Sounds like a fantastic idea...who knows? She might soften her heart...it's her own flesh and blood after all..

Sounds like a fantastic idea...who knows? She might soften her heart...it's her own flesh and blood after all..

I believe no mummy will like to have their girl being opposition and re-bellious. Why not return and back to the old days and listen to ma ma words? Soft and obedience.

Today maybe the last opportunity for Cherlyn to be a mummy girl and cling on her mother. Tommorow She is an adult and have to to be a wife/mother. So cheris it. Have a good talk. let her knows the difficulties and give in by an inches and she might returns a yard back.

**Jay Chow song " Listen to ma ma words" is my favourite song too. icon1.gif

I believe no mummy will like to have their girl being opposition and re-bellious. Why not return and back to the old days and listen to ma ma words? Soft and obedience.

Today maybe the last opportunity for Cherlyn to be a mummy girl and cling on her mother. Tommorow She is an adult and have to to be a wife/mother. So cheris it. Have a good talk. let her knows the difficulties and give in by an inches and she might returns a yard back.

**Jay Chow song " Listen to ma ma words" is my favourite song too. icon1.gif

thanks all folks...im glad and hapi w all yr support here...

my hb and i decided to gv her the 5888 la... haiz

what to do...

im gifing her $300 allowance per month, can i reduce my allowance for her?

its seems so much for me.... haiz.....

no la, im not a mummy ger, and i will never be one

im quite strong and independent de...

never cling or ask her for any help since i was 16 till now....

If thing come to really must give 5888, The I shall be a litte KL this round. I will just tell her, chinese new year is coming and I can only managed to exchange $2 notes. So give the the stack of notes in total of 2944 pieces. See during that time she got the time to count a one by one or not. :D and make a fuss out of it at the scene

TPY! i like yr idea **** good!

keke

i like lor....

ya gv her small notes let her count till siao rite.....

hahahha

!!

gooded! :D

any one interested in hard liquor?

i need to sell off urgently.

ask my coll help us buy but buy wrongly as in bought the most ex de...

alr we so poor and struggling liao lor...

where got $ gv so ex liquor to my mum??

its for GDL de the hard liquor, we selling off these, gettting a cheaper one

any one of yr frens colls etc can help us?

thanks alot alot

:D

any one interested in hard liquor?

i need to sell off urgently.

ask my coll help us buy but buy wrongly as in bought the most ex de...

alr we so poor and struggling liao lor...

where got $ gv so ex liquor to my mum??

its for GDL de the hard liquor, we selling off these, gettting a cheaper one

any one of yr frens colls etc can help us?

thanks alot alot

:dancingqueen:

What kind of hard liquor? Martell? How much you selling per bottle?

What kind of hard liquor? Martell? How much you selling per bottle?

REMY MARTIN XO

1 LITRE

selling at 160 per bottle

free delivery to yr doorstep

my coll help us buy wrongly

REMY MARTIN XO

1 LITRE

selling at 160 per bottle

free delivery to yr doorstep

my coll help us buy wrongly

Hi cherlyn, sorry, out of my budget liao....

If u looking for contact for cheap liquor, can go to this store near Novena square, it's a row of shophouses, think the shop's name is called Wine merchants or something like that....it's wholesale.....selling much much chepaer than retail stores.....we asked for price of Martell, elsewhere selling at 100+, there only 80.....the uncle very friendly.....even introduced us another shop at geylang selling even cheaper than his....if u want, i can get the contact from my hubby and pm you.

otherwise, can get duty free liquors for ur GDL

see which fren/colleague going overseas or taking ferries for 3D2N trip, ask them to help u buy

if i'm not wrong, duty-free Martell is selling for less than $80.

otherwise, can get duty free liquors for ur GDL

see which fren/colleague going overseas or taking ferries for 3D2N trip, ask them to help u buy

if i'm not wrong, duty-free Martell is selling for less than $80.

Yap Martell is about $68, can't remember exactly.

Nowadays still got the bride's family who ask for Ping Li arh? Normally can offset by giving the AD tables for the bride's side as a token, no?

During the planning, I already told their side, I not intend to hold any wedding, as agreed by my wife, their daughter. They quite pissed off, but we relent and say only hold about 20 tables, 8 tables for them as a respect. So everyone also happy lah. Roast pigs and liqour is a must. Got come, also got return mah. As for the 4 types of gold, I don't bother also. No one asked for it. :notti:

For those prospective couples, don't implicate too much things lah. If you wanna follow the traditional rules for each dialect group, than follow all the way, don't follow half way.

Edited by Rof|maoxz

Yap Martell is about $68, can't remember exactly.

Nowadays still got the bride's family who ask for Ping Li arh? Normally can offset by giving the AD tables for the bride's side as a token, no?

During the planning, I already told their side, I not intend to hold any wedding, as agreed by my wife, their daughter. They quite pissed off, but we relent and say only hold about 20 tables, 8 tables for them as a respect. So everyone also happy lah. Roast pigs and liqour is a must. Got come, also got return mah. As for the 4 types of gold, I don't bother also. No one asked for it. :lol:

For those prospective couples, don't implicate too much things lah. If you wanna follow the traditional rules for each dialect group, than follow all the way, don't follow half way.

Very difficult to follow all the way cos if so, really need to buy a lot of things and alot of procedures to follow, in this modern times, quite hard to follow exactly...as long as both side families are ok with omitting certain items for GDL, then ok liao. Otherwise, GDL stuff is just an yi si.