Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Rellik

Ping Li

cherlyn, is your mother not working? i notice mothers who are not financially independent mostly tend to ask for more things hor? maybe they scared they old liao no money...

do you have brother? next time your brother marry, is your mother going to give 8888 pin jin also?

since you have a choice whether or not to hold customary, it's still not that bad lah. think nowadays ppl prefer honeymoon wedding. if i had a choice, i will have a rom party with close frens and relatives then go for honeymoon. i will choose to keep the good practices and values of tradition. of cos, hao lian (show off) is not one of them.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

cherlynn.. quite sad to read abt ur happening.. but i knw there are such mothers out there.. money minded... my frn's mum is like that... expect them pay for everything and demand a lot...

my mil is also one kind... everything is my hubby n i paying... the ping jing things all we settle... but she did talk to my hubby n explain why he must pay for everything... because she is hsewife no earn money... the father also quite old liao then work those cleaner job dont earn much... what money she gets is frm the 3 children who give her monthly allowance... my hubby is youngest and only son... "lai zai" his sisters older than him by 8-14 yrs if im nt wrong... oldest already have 2 kids ... initially i was very very angry because she keep comparing us to her older daugther & the hubby... sometimes i feel like macham she is marrying off her son to me like that... ahahahaha! the way she act & ask for things like macham the son is girl then im guy marrying him lo... so duh... she likes to comment that the son in law this n that... brag a lot lor i also bth!:thumbs up: i feel like telling her ya la son in law best la. go kiss his a** la! eveyrtime got something she will ask us to go ask him for advise... DUH... macham he so **** smart n cn solve everything lo... seriously he doesnt have a choice because he married their daugther so he has to abide by the mil also!:bangwall: duhhhhhhh anyway she is those very very typical cantonese woman! argHx! she says that time her dotter marry she jus leave everything to the in laws.. nvr ask for anything... they give what jus take... then that time meet my parents to talk abt the dowry they like quite agitated lo... my mum jus mentioned si dian jin then she like wanna hit the roof liao... say is for hokkien! we cantonese only have ping kam... then my mum say okie lor... then we jus say we dunno becos 1st time marry daughter off so ask for advise ma... then she very one kind la... then when we chose our wedding date she also kpkb. argHx! anyway, hubbs explained to me this n that la.. so im jus learning to REN! and close both eyes... haha..

talk so much bad things... nw mus say good la.. hahaha.. she knws i like spicy food n chilli so sumtimes she will cook for me curry lo... my hubby dun eat spicy chilli de... argh... then sometimes i stay over she wil buy me food to eat...

anyway cnt wait to get married n stay far away frm them! hahahha

may i know wat is "lam chai" isit GDL?

beside oranges & cakes, wat shld i give my mum ah?

what dialect are you? actually will be good to ask those shop sell the wedding thinGs.. they are the best pple to tell you what to buy and what to give and take... heh...

for us, guy is giving us

- hong bao to my mummy

- jewellery to me

- abalone

- oranges

- chinese herby things

- liquor

- cakes

im nt sure what else hubby tell me have 3 baskets of thinGs... hmmm

we giving

- 8 oranges

- 8 apples

- bunch of grapes

- pomegranate

- return hong bao lui

- 100plus(tangerine flavour)

- f&n orange

- hong bao to mei pos

- tea set

- basically whatever they give us mus return some....

on actual day we dun wan the pig so ask them bao hong bao instead... then my mummy also buy us the traditional toiletries things.. like the spitoon, baby tub, towels, soaps, powder for baby, powder for face, tootbrushes, toothpaste, combs, tissue packets, charcoal, clogs, lamps, some red paper with words on it.. supposed to put in our drawers.... eh we wil bring this over to our new hse when it is done.. supposed to be done on an chuan day.. but i dun tink we wil do anchuan... so when our hse more or less ready we bring over..

tomorrow or actually today 19th jan is my GDL... heh... so when they come i take photos of everything then post up Bah... heeeeeeeeee

Edited by candyprincess

what my hb gave my mum:

1. ang bao to my mum

2. jewellery to me

3. canned pork legs

4. oranges

5. boxes of cakes

6. 2 bottles of liquors

7. a pair of dragon & phoenix candles

what my mum returned to my hb:

1. return some ang bao money

2. return some canned pork legs

3. return some oranges

4. return 2 bottles of orange juice

5. "mei po" (matchmaker) ang bao

what my mum bought for me:

1. tea set

2. jewellery

3. basin

4. sewing kits

:(:)

candyprincess,

I will wait for posting of pix ya :bleah:

where to find mei po?

Maybe I ask my Fh to give my mum :-

1. ang bao to my mum

2. jewellery to me? how many?

3. w cant give pork , replace with abalone ba

4. oranges

5. boxes of cakes

6. We cant give Liquors- so maybe replace with Birdnest

7. a pair of dragon & phoenix candles , is this for Tea Ceremony use one?

8. Fish Maw

I dun have to give my HB anyting heheehe, i tink my mum dun have to return anyting cuz end up its giving to us.

my fh no parents :good:

candyprincess,

I will wait for posting of pix ya :lol:

where to find mei po?

Maybe I ask my Fh to give my mum :-

1. ang bao to my mum

2. jewellery to me? how many?

3. w cant give pork , replace with abalone ba

4. oranges

5. boxes of cakes

6. We cant give Liquors- so maybe replace with Birdnest

7. a pair of dragon & phoenix candles , is this for Tea Ceremony use one?

8. Fish Maw

I dun have to give my HB anyting heheehe, i tink my mum dun have to return anyting cuz end up its giving to us.

my fh no parents :P

eh mei po shld be ur hb's older sister or aunty lo... hmmm jewellery depends on dialect... for hokkien/teochew i think is 4 dian jin.. so is one set - necklace, earrings, bracelet & ring. i also no pork becos i tink all the pigs legs taken off the market... hmmm so they gave us abalone.. replace with birds nest i dunno.. heh... maybe can bah... hmmm... the candle is actually 2 sets... they give u 2 then u return 1... supposed to burn dunno the night before the wedding or on the day itself.. i not sure.. we not using it... you cn ask hb go to chinatown those shops behind selling chinese stuff.. on what to give... my in laws gave us 2 packs each of - mushrooms, oyster/mussels, red dates, bai he, ginko nut, walnuts... eh then we take 1 packet of each and return the rest... actually mus return.. though ur hb no parents, still mus return to him.. its like "got come got go" literal translation... hehehehehe... my brother's wife parents did not return cakes to my parents... that was 2 yrs ago.. now my mum stil commenting abt it to me... hahaha... whatever hb gives, must return some... actually if dun wan too much hassle, jus bao hong Bao can liao... heh

anyway, here r picS!:lol:

things we got

004.jpg

009.jpg

things we returned

007.jpg

i did not manage to take pic of everything all together becos when hubby came with his sis & bro in law, the things my mum brought to the table behind to divide liao... zZzZzz... so the things we got is already separated from the things we returned... we bought our own oranges to return to the male... we kept their oranges... the hong bao also my mummy went to buy special big one... heh...

candyprincess, thanks for the photo. so exciting & look real fun....

I love XI SI !!

oh my mother is teowchew & My dad is hokkien.

ok lar, i get 2 sets each items, i bring home eat myself hahaha...

do u place Red Rope on ur main door?

which part of china town ah? u have the store name ? these days they renovated so confusing hheehee.

actually my mother only request for oranges & cakes la.. but i felt so plain... im her only daughter

candyprincess, thanks for the photo. so exciting & look real fun....

I love XI SI :)

oh my mother is teowchew & My dad is hokkien.

ok lar, i get 2 sets each items, i bring home eat myself hahaha...

do u place Red Rope on ur main door?

which part of china town ah? u have the store name ? these days they renovated so confusing hheehee.

actually my mother only request for oranges & cakes la.. but i felt so plain... im her only daughter

hmm i think its north bridge road.. or south bridge... eh... the behind part of chinatown.. there are a number of shops selling the chinese dried gooDs... they can tell you... then you can go to the temporary people's park market next to the outram mrt.. there is a shOp there selling traditional chinese wedding stuff... like the baby tub, potty, tea sets, whatever you need i do think they have it... you can go ask them what to buy and stuff... usually they wil ask you what you need.. but you cn tell them u dunno ask them to advise but make sure they do not take advantage bah... heh... hmmm if your mummy only wants oranges & cakes, then bao for her big hong bao to make up for the rest of the items lo... maybe can give 1999... she take 1000 and return yr hubby 999... that sort of thing...

when i see pple's photos i also see like very exciting and fun... but i didnt feel it when i went thru it? LOL... jus like faster take n return then oK. finish. hahahA... maybe becos our mei po is his sis and not those typical aunty type to banter... is those quiet type... so all jus sit ard n chit chat nia... hahaha...

hmm i think its north bridge road.. or south bridge... eh... the behind part of chinatown.. there are a number of shops selling the chinese dried gooDs... they can tell you... then you can go to the temporary people's park market next to the outram mrt.. there is a shOp there selling traditional chinese wedding stuff... like the baby tub, potty, tea sets, whatever you need i do think they have it... you can go ask them what to buy and stuff... usually they wil ask you what you need.. but you cn tell them u dunno ask them to advise but make sure they do not take advantage bah... heh... hmmm if your mummy only wants oranges & cakes, then bao for her big hong bao to make up for the rest of the items lo... maybe can give 1999... she take 1000 and return yr hubby 999... that sort of thing...

when i see pple's photos i also see like very exciting and fun... but i didnt feel it when i went thru it? LOL... jus like faster take n return then oK. finish. hahahA... maybe becos our mei po is his sis and not those typical aunty type to banter... is those quiet type... so all jus sit ard n chit chat nia... hahaha...

Good idea, i check with my FH, whether to get more GDL items or GIve more $ for Angpao :dancingqueen: , moreover my mum usually love to keep keep keep items one, i bot for her those tonic & birdnest i still see them inside the cupboard argh....

baby tub sound so cute..

Eh we do GDL with Meipo can anot?

Korea, beside Bangawan solo do cards for exchange cakes, any cakes shop you know they does too ?

i dun like bangawan solo cakes

Edited by LadyLuck

Most cake shop will have them but the price differ. For us, we choosen bangawan solo cos it has many shops so it is good for our friends to exchange them for cakes and it is cheaper than the rest.

i think emicakes & polar also have vouchers... most cake shops have... you see u like which cake shop then u go ask them if they have lor

really, ok i go and check with them :sport-smiley-004:

Most cake shop will have them but the price differ. For us, we choosen bangawan solo cos it has many shops so it is good for our friends to exchange them for cakes and it is cheaper than the rest.

erm, u got e point !!

mei po is my hb's aunty lor. but its good that the mei po's hb is still alive la. chinese are very pantang lor. :dunno:

most cake shops should have wedding vouchers mah; only probably at different values. :bangwall:

there's a shop at sago lane where they sell all sort of wedding things. the people over there know such wedding things very well. you just ask/tell them and they'll know what to get for you. :furious:

you can also buy the "an chung" (choose auspicious date to install the bed before your AD) things from the shop. :furious: