Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
luv-to-bake

Built-in oven

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi,

I am new to the forum. :jawdrop:

Anyone got comments on Brandt or bosch built-in ovens? I need a good one for baking cakes and cookies.

Thanks!

We are using the brandt oven and almost every other night i will be whiping out something from it. I was using Baby Belling previously and personally i prefer the outcome of my food with the brandt oven. Oh yeah, im also using the brandt hob, hood and dishwasher! So far so good and hope yours will turn out great too.

We are using the brandt oven and almost every other night i will be whiping out something from it. I was using Baby Belling previously and personally i prefer the outcome of my food with the brandt oven. Oh yeah, im also using the brandt hob, hood and dishwasher! So far so good and hope yours will turn out great too.

Hi SammieGirl,

Thanks for you reply. Glad to know that brandt is rather good. May I know which model you are using? I am currently reviewing FE422XS1 as it fits my budget.

Thanks! :D

Hi SammieGirl,

Thanks for you reply. Glad to know that brandt is rather good. May I know which model you are using? I am currently reviewing FE422XS1 as it fits my budget.

Thanks! :sport-smiley-004:

Mine is FP229XS1. At our other place, we are using FE422XS1. Try to get a few item eg oven, hob, hood etc from one shop as you will be able to bring the price down and they will update you incase there is any current or upcoming promo. HTHs.

Hi guys.. I am contemplating between electrolux and brandt oven.. and since I love baking, which do you think will be good?

Brandt! I am being biased here - it is Brandt all the way unless it is a choice between De Dietrich and Brandt.

Brandt! I am being biased here - it is Brandt all the way unless it is a choice between De Dietrich and Brandt.

hahaha.. you are so cute.. can I just know what is the particular reason why you love Brandt so much? I have read the specs, and Brandt can only reach 200 degrees whereas Electrolux is able to reach 280 degrees with more features..

hahaha.. you are so cute.. can I just know what is the particular reason why you love Brandt so much? I have read the specs, and Brandt can only reach 200 degrees whereas Electrolux is able to reach 280 degrees with more features..

Solely B.I.A.S.E.D. No other particular reason.

Basically the other brands that we were looking at were mainly 5 digits; Gaggenau ranges and stovetop, Viking, De Dietrich. So since Brandt comes under the arms of De Dietrich, thats how we decide on Brandt. Lowest end of all the products.

Sadly Electrolux or its other brand Zanussi was shortlisted. Weird way of deciding on the household appliances but between Dh and myself - the most convincing person and their product shall get to decide. Hehehe.

Wow - sammiegirl u are so inspiring! I also got the Brandt 422... with the roasting spit thing too. heard that it's a good brand. Meyer and Ariston tends to have bad after sales service rep. just got married so haven't had time to use it yet... I'm still a baker in the making, totally starting out, so going to try the oven first with a betty crocker mix.

i hope to use the oven more often otherwise it will spoil!:notti: after all the trouble of building it in, cannot spoil!:P aiming for once a month... maybe after i have more regular CG gatherings at my house then can operate it once a fortnight at least!! nothing beats the warm smells of oven baked cakes and food....

Wow - sammiegirl u are so inspiring! I also got the Brandt 422... with the roasting spit thing too. heard that it's a good brand. Meyer and Ariston tends to have bad after sales service rep. just got married so haven't had time to use it yet... I'm still a baker in the making, totally starting out, so going to try the oven first with a betty crocker mix.

i hope to use the oven more often otherwise it will spoil!:notti: after all the trouble of building it in, cannot spoil!:P aiming for once a month... maybe after i have more regular CG gatherings at my house then can operate it once a fortnight at least!! nothing beats the warm smells of oven baked cakes and food....

Glad that you are now a Brandt Convertee. Do bear in mind if you are not able to cook anything with the oven - just switch on for 15mins at least once a mth to heat up the elements.

Glad that you are now a Brandt Convertee. Do bear in mind if you are not able to cook anything with the oven - just switch on for 15mins at least once a mth to heat up the elements.

Yah I've heard about that... cos otherwise there'll be moisture / condensation and then the oven will spoil!:)!

Yah I've heard about that... cos otherwise there'll be moisture / condensation and then the oven will spoil!:sport-smiley-018:!

I have finally used my oven over the weekend! Made brownies...

To share something, I realised last min I had no measuring cup! And no converter from farenheit (on receipe) to celcius (on brandt oven)! My HP saved me cos it had converter inside. But cup I just agar agar and then think I added too little... supposed to be half cup, which I later found out was 120ml, but I think I only put about 100ml in the end....

time to buy a measuring cup!! super happy that I have a Red Man shop nearby, so intending to get all my baking supplies from there....

I just want to share with all of you regarding the choice of built in oven.

The price of a built-in oven correlates with the multi-functionality of the oven. And it depends on what you wish to use the oven for. If you enjoy baking cakes and cookies, I would say any convection oven would do. No brainer. But if you roast meats, then a very good oven makes a big difference. I am hopeless with baking so I really cannot comment on that. I roast alot of meats and I cannot do without my Die Dietrich Multi-function Oven that comes with Low Temperature feature. It takes me 4x the time to roast a ribeye but the tenderness of the roast is uncomparable.

I just want to share with all of you regarding the choice of built in oven.

The price of a built-in oven correlates with the multi-functionality of the oven. And it depends on what you wish to use the oven for. If you enjoy baking cakes and cookies, I would say any convection oven would do. No brainer. But if you roast meats, then a very good oven makes a big difference. I am hopeless with baking so I really cannot comment on that. I roast alot of meats and I cannot do without my Die Dietrich Multi-function Oven that comes with Low Temperature feature. It takes me 4x the time to roast a ribeye but the tenderness of the roast is uncomparable.

May I know how much your Die Dietrich oven cost and where from? Thanks!