Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
luv-to-bake

Built-in oven

Hallo,

My hubby wanted an oven with rotisserie function and I'm considering brandt FC642XF1 oven which is within my budget and having all basic function i need. But the sales person told me this oven need to do changing of it's catalytic liner every 1 to 2 yrs and it cost about $150. He then recommend borsch HBN430551J oven. this one have ecoclean function dun need to chg liner but without rotisserie function... :( .. i'm not sure which one is better.

is it true that nowadays oven with fan there's no need for rotisserie function to cook chicken???

Hey,

I have the same oven for 2 yrs and i have not change the catalytic panels yet. But of course i didn't cook things that are too oily in there. Just cakes, cookies, and some meat grilling occasionally.

Have you check with brandt office how much they selling the panels? It is definitely cheaper than the shops that sell them.

I didn't use my rotisserie function as it goes really messy. I just bake the chicken and turn it to brown more evenly.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Anyone has a Ariston Oven? Any comments.............. ???

Ariston ovens seem quite reputable, been hearing good things about it. But price wise, it seems to be changing very frequently like now during the Great Singapore Sale. Every week the price seems to be changing. I'm looking for one, but the dealers don't seem very keen and recommend me other brands.

What's a good value for money oven, that i can use to experiment in the kitchen?

Hi

Anyone using Rinnai Ovens. Thought of getting one. I called up a store and they only want to sell me a bosch oven as they claim that rinnai is made in Indonesia.

I need a built-in oven with rotisserie function. Will be using it at least twice a week for cakes, bread, cookies, roast meat, etc.

I had actually narrowed down to Ariston FZ 1021 P.1 IX because of the comprehensive functions, look factor (appearance is among my considerations) and budget etc. But after reading some bad comments about Ariston products, I've decided to open up my options.

Some other models I'm looking into:

Bosch HBN760551F

Brandt FC642XF1

Which of the above 3 models is the best? Or have any better model to recommend? My budget is $2500 and below. Need to decide fast fast within 2 weeks. Please help!

Hey,

I have the same oven for 2 yrs and i have not change the catalytic panels yet. But of course i didn't cook things that are too oily in there. Just cakes, cookies, and some meat grilling occasionally.

Have you check with brandt office how much they selling the panels? It is definitely cheaper than the shops that sell them.

I didn't use my rotisserie function as it goes really messy. I just bake the chicken and turn it to brown more evenly.

Hi, thanks for the feedback. After some consideration i've bought brandt FC642XF1 , and i'm glad that i made this decision. As i'm staying with my in-laws who is the main cooking person in the house. "oldies friendly" become critical. So far this oven has met her standard and it is also easy to use for her. I've tried some simple grilling on my own , result is good.

hi all, i've been seeing increasing use of steam oven of late. but the price of steam oven is almost double of that of a normal oven.

can anyone share iwth me what do they do with the steam oven apart from ... uh steaming food? i would have thought steaming the regular/usual way is easier?

Hi,

I am interested in purchasing an Oven for mainly baking stuff and roasting/grilling also.. Would like to have your suggestions on which brand I should go for - I think I am a little more inclined towards Brandt and Bosch.. If I could have inputs on where I could go to have a look at both brands under one roof to make a comparison, it would be good... Also pls suggest which place gives good deals... thanks

Hi Sparkles,

I also considered FE611XS1 before. In fact, I almost bought it. I thought it seems rather good. They were saying that Brandt is the sister company of De Detrich so the technology is quite good. They mentioned that the temperature in the brandt is more constant and more accurate.

So i think Brandt is a better choice? Isn't it cheaper as well?

I bought Teka as I like the Telescopic tray function.

zhiz - depends on what brand you want I guess. Teka warehouse sale the prices are even better than smaller shops. If not you can try parisilk, goh ah bee, hong liang i guess. Sometimes Harvey got special buy also not bad price.

zhiz - depends on what brand you want I guess. Teka warehouse sale the prices are even better than smaller shops. If not you can try parisilk, goh ah bee, hong liang i guess. Sometimes Harvey got special buy also not bad price.

problem is they sell diff models and brands at diff places :(

I need a built-in oven with rotisserie function. Will be using it at least twice a week for cakes, bread, cookies, roast meat, etc.

I had actually narrowed down to Ariston FZ 1021 P.1 IX because of the comprehensive functions, look factor (appearance is among my considerations) and budget etc. But after reading some bad comments about Ariston products, I've decided to open up my options.

Some other models I'm looking into:

Bosch HBN760551F

Brandt FC642XF1

Which of the above 3 models is the best? Or have any better model to recommend? My budget is $2500 and below. Need to decide fast fast within 2 weeks. Please help!

So which model did you decide on in the end? And how do you find the oven while using it? Im actually looking at v similar selection.