Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
luv-to-bake

Built-in oven

I need to retrofit a new oven into an existing kitchen cabinet that does not come with built-in oven/space.

I need to change the space below the glass hob (which is currently just shelving space) to house the oven.

Does anyone have contacts for cabinet makers (or equivalent) who is willing to do the retrofitting?

Thanks in advance.

PS. Currently, I am using an Ariston built-in oven installed in a standalone 'box/frame' that was also supplied by Ariston. It sits on the floor now - quite an eye-sore bangwall.gif - but well used.

Hi Atlantis2267 ,

Is there other space around ? Cos if install an oven below the Glass stove is not so advisable cos when you heating or baking or grilling , the heat may transfer up to the stove causing it to contrack and expand . It may crack :(

and does the surrounding area got power supplier ( cos if no you will need to re run the wire . )

The 2nd option is to construct a stand alone oven ( just like your current one but with drawers below and rollers ) so you can move around .

Actually think abot it , you can use back your current oven box ( cherry colour / $120 ) :) but just construct a cabinat to hold the box , so the oven will be in the middle :) and install rollers :) Just use back the same colour or change the colour to suit your kitchen design :) rather than giving up your current kitchen cabinet space storage for an oven which in time you may need more storage for other cooking stuff :)

If need any design , do let me know i could sent you some ideas.

:) kitchen matters

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
HI Kitchen Matters,

Is tenkei a reliable brand?? thanks :)

Hi Lily ,

Is quite a new brand in the market , and so far i check around there not much feedback too I do ask certain clients and interior designer , they do say the same thing so far so good :)

I feel that all most important is the service ( back up service )

kitchen matters

We are looking for a pyroclytic oven, either the brandt FP867XS1 or the ariston OP 99 .

the prices are around the same so which one is better? the OP 99 seems to be a very new model.

Anyone know as a brand is brandt or ariston better? brandt is from france right? Ariston?

Hi Wind30

Aristonis from Italy , and most of the Oven is made in Italy . For Pyrocltic oven you may consider Bosch , Electrolux :) It seems not bad too .

Kitchen Matters

We are looking for a pyroclytic oven, either the brandt FP867XS1 or the ariston OP 99 .

the prices are around the same so which one is better? the OP 99 seems to be a very new model.

Anyone know as a brand is brandt or ariston better? brandt is from france right? Ariston?

Hi Wind30 ;

Brandt energy efficient A , built in oven litres 54 litres , but the plus point is that it have 4 glass door panels , Cod Open Space oven by Ariston is 70 litres and efficient class A too but i heard that their after sales is not so good.

The Ariston do comes with 10 cooking programs / as for Brandt comes with 9 programs

Ariston use cooking features to describe their cooking programs which i find it abit confuss / Brandit is using traditional cooking programs as their cooking indicators . And for Brandt the Display panel for the programs is larger than Ariston .

The Brandt comes with turnspit and cleaning the inner oven door is easily .

So both got it plus point and bad points . :) And both currently is the same price .

Kitchen matters

But as long as you pre heat the oven once a month with 220 degree and for 20mins to burn away the moisture ( the oven will not breakdown so easily)

Kitchen Matters

Hi Kitchen Matters,

Thanks. I made a mistake; glass hob was my previous; it is stainless steel.

This is the space I intend to fit in the built-in oven. Plan is to replace existing 4yr old ariston oven (right) with a new one - and free up the space being hogged.

DSCF0581.JPGDSCF0594.JPG

Gallery of current 15-yr old kitchen that can benefit from a rejuvenation (leverage good view and optimise space for a 2+3 family with interest in bread baking and cooking)

Edited by atlantis2267

Hi Kitchen Matters,

Thanks. I made a mistake; glass hob was my previous; it is stainless steel.

This is the space I intend to fit in the built-in oven. Plan is to replace existing 4yr old ariston oven (right) with a new one.

DSCF0581.JPGDSCF0594.JPG

Rest of current 15-yr old kitchen that can benefit from a rejuvenation (to take in the good view and space optimisation.

Hi Atlantis2267 ;

what i see should not be a problem , the width of the cabinet can fit the oven is only the inner cabinet depth need to measure . And the other factors is the powerpoint . If theres no powerpoint near by you may have to re run the powerponit .

And once the oven is in , you could construct a small area to store your stuff too .

I suggest that to visit your place to measure and to give you a better view of the outcome. :) Cos minor corners or area is very important :) - I could go up and take a look :) and advise you on the outcome .

If the current cabinet below the stove theres a plug near by , would be super :)

kitchen matters

anybody using EF?? is it a good brand? i am looking at getting model BO-AE 62-A.

Hi Melvin ;

The oven comes with 5 cooking programs , and the litres is 56 litres . So far some ppl complains about their finishing is not that good. Other wise is ok as the oven comes with basic features of cooking .

Is it for brand new or replacement ?

As for thistype of features you may consider Ariston FB 51.2 IX or Tenkei (New) TEK 61 IX .

Kitchen Matters

Hi lazydevil;

you may visit www.tenkeiworld.com to view TEP 830 G hob and is retail at $469.00 :) As for the Oven FD 61.1 ICE , i could check for you for the stock as is Discont soon , Great choice on this Oven as glass look matchs well with most colour cabinet :)

Oh almost forget , you plan to put your oven below the stove ? or on the cabinet ? Must leave some space if the fridge is near the oven as it may sweat the fridge .

Cos if the oven is below the stove (cos the stove is glass) is not so advisable as it may effect the hob :(

sorry for the late reply as busy lately

Kitchen Matters

Hi Kitchen MAtters..

No worries... i have decided to get FD 61.1 ICE. DO you have a quote to give me? I am getting quote about $799.

My oven is inside a cabinet just beside a fridge.. is it not advisable even if there is a wooden partition between them??

And thanks again for the help.

Hihi,

my current oven sits below the stove and with the gas pipes behind no problem about tat. Just tat after fnish bakin i need to open the cupboard as it turns pretty hot ...hope this helps! :P

hi ktichen matters,

can u help on this on the above?

arg. my oven sits below my stove and now my stove is glass!!! wanted to choose the s/s but end up choosing glass cos its nicer... but i heard the glass can be replaced when it cracked?

thanks.....

btw any idea if the heat of then oven is dispears out from the top or ??

:)

Hi Kitchen MAtters..

No worries... i have decided to get FD 61.1 ICE. DO you have a quote to give me? I am getting quote about $799.

My oven is inside a cabinet just beside a fridge.. is it not advisable even if there is a wooden partition between them??

And thanks again for the help.

Hi Lazydevil;

The oven ventilation comes from the front ( tanential ventilation ) . it cools downs your oven once it reachs a certain temp. As as long theres a wooden partition between the oven and the fridge is ok , but do leave some space away from the fridge to the wooden partition as when open the door fridge you need some space otherwise it ill scratch the door. Is good to have a base for the fridge too as when washing the floor your fridge will not get wet.

Note: When del. of fridge dont on the power , clean the fridge and you may use charcoal to store inside first as it will absorb the smell :) leave it rest for a day as the compressor need to be stable than on it :) So the smell (new product smell ) will not be there - remember to take out the charcoal aftr that :)

Remember to inform your designer that the oven wire is 0.9 meter long as they need to run the wire in with a connector :)

kitchen matters :)

hi ktichen matters,

can u help on this on the above?

arg. my oven sits below my stove and now my stove is glass!!! wanted to choose the s/s but end up choosing glass cos its nicer... but i heard the glass can be replaced when it cracked?

thanks.....

btw any idea if the heat of then oven is dispears out from the top or ??

Hi Arial ;

it depend on the oven model and brand . Some brand does not have ventilation hole at the front ( just below the panel and above the door ) . But what i see most oven in the market now have what they call ( Tangential Ventilation - when the oven reaches a certain temp. it will blow out hot air to cool down the oven ) .Which brand you purchase ?

As for the glass stove above the oven , if the oven have tangential ventilation is better and if the stove below theres a wood plank on it ( so when your oven heats up ) the transfer on heat will not be that bad .

As for the PUB gas pipe on the back of the oven , is quite normal as most of my friends have this problem too . But they purchase those oven with ventilation ones - on the safe side .

kitchen matters

Hi Atlantis2267 ;

what i see should not be a problem , the width of the cabinet can fit the oven is only the inner cabinet depth need to measure . And the other factors is the powerpoint . If theres no powerpoint near by you may have to re run the powerponit .

And once the oven is in , you could construct a small area to store your stuff too .

I suggest that to visit your place to measure and to give you a better view of the outcome. :) Cos minor corners or area is very important :) - I could go up and take a look :) and advise you on the outcome .

If the current cabinet below the stove theres a plug near by , would be super :)

kitchen matters

The power point is there (left of the shelf space) but you could be right about the depth (which is just barely 2ft) - and I need to check the actual depth of oven.

I will liase via PM.

Hi Arial ;

it depend on the oven model and brand . Some brand does not have ventilation hole at the front ( just below the panel and above the door ) . But what i see most oven in the market now have what they call ( Tangential Ventilation - when the oven reaches a certain temp. it will blow out hot air to cool down the oven ) .Which brand you purchase ?

As for the glass stove above the oven , if the oven have tangential ventilation is better and if the stove below theres a wood plank on it ( so when your oven heats up ) the transfer on heat will not be that bad .

As for the PUB gas pipe on the back of the oven , is quite normal as most of my friends have this problem too . But they purchase those oven with ventilation ones - on the safe side .

kitchen matters

Hey kitchen matter

thanks for the response :)

mine is Ariston FX61.1... hehe got it after many raves for this :)

hmmm yah i think the gas pipe issue is common?? cos our hdb house is small and do not have a huge space for the oven ... heheh

there is no plank between my oven top and the stove i guess... but below my oven there is a drawer... so what i did now is to ask my contractor to remove the drawer and shift the oven all the way down so that the gas pipe now runs behind the upper portion of the oven and not the bottom portion where the back of the oven most protruding part is touching the gas pipe previously if i did not shift it..

will it be better like that?

Edited by arial

Hey kitchen matter

thanks for the response :)

mine is Ariston FX61.1... hehe got it after many raves for this :)

hmmm yah i think the gas pipe issue is common?? cos our hdb house is small and do not have a huge space for the oven ... heheh

there is no plank between my oven top and the stove i guess... but below my oven there is a drawer... so what i did now is to ask my contractor to remove the drawer and shift the oven all the way down so that the gas pipe now runs behind the upper portion of the oven and not the bottom portion where the back of the oven most protruding part is touching the gas pipe previously if i did not shift it..

will it be better like that?

Hi Arial ;

i check with some installation ppl , it much better this way. :) BTW when purchase oven from Mayer , theres free cooking class ( 2 cooking class ) . Its held in ther showroom. :) I went a few times and tk a look , standing outside . :)

Remember once install the oven remember to pre heat the oven using top and bottom heat with fan for 20 mins with temp. 200 degree. ( is to burn away the moisture ) And must do this once a month to prevent it from tripping .

But doing tis remember to tk out all the trays and racks and manuels book :)

happy baking :)

this oven comes with a timer so when it alarm you remember to off the oven as if not it will keep on baking . ( It will not cut off the temp and the program ) .

Clean the outer oven with a wet cloth than clean it with a dry cloth . to prevent water marks . Can use 3M polish to clean once a week too. :)Giving a shine finish :)

kitchen matters